Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Why are family members leaving Radiant Life Church of Katy
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: June 12, 2008 11:42PM

The baby issue is relevent. It is reflective of the church. It is reflective of the leaders who are still there now including Tony C and Paul G, and the elders for allowing it to happen. It is a great example of the brainwashing and bad teaching that goes on there. I am glad Paul has escaped that environment. You are entitled to your stance but it is not about whether I agree with it, it is about whether God agrees with it. That still hasn't been addressed. Let me ask the question again--- Why would a church and it's leadership allow one of it's leaders to give away a baby that they had ability to take carre of? What is the scriptural basis? SpeakTruth, This pharasing should make you feel better since your friends name is not involved and it is a general question. Again, you are only on here to save your butt and your friends. This forum is not about you, Love or childs. Childs was part of something that involved the leadership there because of their teachings and their celebrating the event. Yes, BM and others have much culpability in turning this church into a very destructive place especially BM and his cult following. He is like someone I would expect to meet on a car lot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: June 13, 2008 12:13AM

On a car lot....LMAO!!! That is very true... And what is up with Tony writing books.... just more of the techniques he has studied and another avenue for him to make cash!! why did they ever start up the business Dynamias... a consulting group.... that don't even make sense... again... another one of Tony's money making ideas.... Hey Tony! When is your "CULT INFOMERCIAL" going to air on cable... I would love to see that!!! HA HA

Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: June 13, 2008 02:20AM

Transparent: this is a helpful post. Now readers actually understand a bit more of your experience there. I asked "a pastor" there about the whole prophetic gift thing. I have never had a problem with gift-giving, but this process should not equate with advancement. It looks a whole lot more like buying authority. The heart question would be: is that special prophetic gift meant to please the Lord, or is it just to get in tight with your discipler? See, what's so dangerous is not necessarily what is happening, but I personally think it is the heart and motivation beneath it. WAJ referred to isogesis (isolation out of context). It's on the same lines as that. It is taking something that is good and then manipulating it for control purposes. See, there is nothing wrong with corporate prayer... read the Word. But there IS something wrong with being pressured to pray a certain way, or to make funny noises like "Yeeeeaasss!" I hope someone appreciates my spelling of that... LOL. What about generosity, that TC teaches so much on. The concept is Biblical and meant to please the Lord... yet it is used for personal gain and to please people. Is this getting through? Am I so far off? Is this only construed as "defending tony"? You see, piss is mostly water... but if you do not filter out the 8% that is NOT water, you are likely to die because of the toxins within it. It looks like where we differ, is that I still see the church as being mostly water. But if you take it all in, you could be poisoned and die... that's why I left. That's why I simply say that I want to be honest about the situation.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 13, 2008 03:05AM

To whom it may concern:

There are some excellent resources regarding the Shepherding/Discipleship movement, which might be helpful.

See [www.culteducation.com]

And also see [www.culteducation.com]

These two links explain what has historically gone wrong with such efforts/programs.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

This is a detailed explanation of how coercive persuasion works.

"The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse." is good book that can be helpful for people leaving destructive churches.

See [www.amazon.com]

No need to "reinvent the wheel" regarding recovering from destructive churches, as there is quite a bit of information available that help people sort it out.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: June 13, 2008 05:10AM

SpeakTruth
You see, piss is mostly water... but if you do not filter out the 8% that is NOT water, you are likely to die because of the toxins within it. It looks like where we differ, is that I still see the church as being mostly water.

Unfortunately, I look at the leadership of the church and see mostly piss. That is indeed where we differ. You may be looking at your friends and seeing water. I am looking at the leadership and seeing piss. I am loking at the teachings and seeing piss. I am looking at all the little cliques and fads and seeing piss. I am looking at young adults who think they know it all competing at the front door on Sundays to see who they can get in their Pcare group and seeing piss. Where there ever good teachings there? yes but mostly very bad manipulative teachings. There are still people who go there who I know that are very nice and they are water but they are being pissed on. Your last post was very helpful. It may be likey that the water you are seeing isn't even a vital part of he church. I amlooking at the leaders, influences, teachers, etc and seeing piss. I would rather go to a church where the leadership is water and the people are piss than a church where the leadership is piss and the people are water. this is because the leadership has influence and will eventually turn that water into piss.

Date: June 13, 2008 07:53AM

Someone once mentioned that corruption starts at the head. If Christ is the head, then there is no corruption. If man makes himself the head, the whole body becomes corrupt.

Date: June 13, 2008 09:19PM

Dr. Love:

A long rambling religious rant you submitted has not been approved.

Preaching and ranting is not within the rules you agreed to before posting here.

You are very close to being banned from this message board.

Date: June 14, 2008 12:13AM

To whom it may concern:

After ignoring repeated warnings "Dr. Love" has been banned from the message board.

Date: June 14, 2008 03:41AM

"You are entitled to your stance but it is not about whether I agree with it, it is about whether God agrees with it. That still hasn't been addressed. Let me ask the question again--- Why would a church and it's leadership allow one of it's leaders to give away a baby that they had ability to take carre of? What is the scriptural basis?" -WhatAJoke

I am not able to answer this question, because doing so would involve making reference to scriptures, which, in turn is considered preaching. I would be willing to provide the text by email or PM that the "late" Dr. Love had provided, resulting in his departure.

RRmod: There appears to be a double-standard by which you operate as a moderator. Is the rule that no scripture references may be used? Or what exactly qualifies as preaching? Under what pretense is it acceptable? I would like to respect the rules, but at times they are unclear. I only say this because some people are permitted to speak freely without regulation, while others are not allowed to say something even less "controversial". I'm not trying to fight... I just dont get it. Thanks, Joe.

Date: June 14, 2008 03:49AM

SpeakTruth:

If there ae scriptures that specifically addresses why giving up a baby under the circumstances described would be biblically sanctioned, by all means post the scripture.

But if you mean proof-texting and preaching please read the rules again.

There is no "double standard."

"Dr. Love" attempted to post religious rants, which were not responsive to questions asked by WhatAJoke.

Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.