Re: Why are family members leaving Radiant Life Church of Katy
Posted by: Dr. Love ()
Date: June 10, 2008 08:04AM

do you read anything i say?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: June 10, 2008 08:27AM

I am seriously convinced that some of you are not even attempting to read the above-referenced posts by Doc Love. It's very apparent that the replies are unfounded, and at best, somewhat ignorant.

For the most part, I will attempt to summarize these threads, as follows:

1) Many people are truly hurt by the events that have taken place at RLC over these recent years.
2) Some of those people, for motivations both pure and impure depending on the person, are posting threads regarding their experiences.
3) These same people have encountered resistance from "zealous defenders" of RLC as well as impartial bystanders.
4) Impartial bystanders are lumped in with "zealous defenders" because they are not still butt-hurt over the experiences they have had.

*If you carefully read through the posts that Doc Love and I have posted, you might actually take note that we are not spies for Tony, and, in fact, we are very much accustomed to not submitting to that authority anymore.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: June 10, 2008 09:05AM

just wanted to clarify. I don't know if "giving up a baby " is the right terminology since the couple was able to take care of their chil. Maybe it might be better to say "is it right for someone to give away a baby because they believe god is telling them to do so".

Date: June 11, 2008 03:59AM

hey WAJ,

whatajoke
If God told you to give up your child, would you?
If your pastor told you to give up your child, would you? NO No No No No NO

Is the "NO No No No No NO" in response to both questions?

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: June 11, 2008 06:50AM

these forums are to warn people about the Destructive and cultish practices of Radiant Life church. These posts are not about Dr. Love and SpeakTruth defending their own honor. It seems that they want to believe only their own truth because they are still in deep with members of the church. I have now posted at least 7,8,9 times on the baby issue and not once has one of these individuals stepped to give a scriptural basis for it. Not once has one of them stepped up to say whether they agreed or not. Not once have they acknowledged the leaders responsibility in the matter. The people on here speaking out about Radiant Life are dealing with issues involved inthe church. You may call them personal issues and they are but I have more often than not agreed with all of the others posting here and warning about the church. We read you posts but your posts are at both ends of the spectrum. You can point out te good but for the people on here the bad far, far outweighs the good and is destructive to peoples lives and very cultish. i am sure the people on here are reading all of the posts. It is just that some posters that are defending Radiant Life have mouths that run like a Kenyan marathon runner lost in he desert. I had a long post that ended up bringing up an issue about a baby being given away and the sad response is that SpeakTruth gets on here and says poor Dr. Love, no one is listening to him and Dr. Love jumps right back i with sarcasm asking If we read anything he says. Dr. Love the moderator was very right for saying you are an apologist. You spent (that is if you were riteous and paid your bill) $2000 on the first year of SOMA, you should at least know that that means. all you guys care about is covering your rear end, not being made to look bad, and defending Paul and whoever. It is not about you. it is about the church and the leadership. Again Paul was a leader who gave away a baby and had a domestic violence case filed against him. This is reflective of the church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that is what we are talking about. Dr. Love if God told you to kill SpeakTruth would you do it? Your question about god telling me to give away the baby, he would have to be face to face with me not some esoteric spiritual oh he told me too. I would certainly question because it is against what god stands for as is giving babies away. I am telling you that a supposedely mature Christian who is an influential and adulated leader in a church should know that the voice is not gods because it does not line up with scripture to give a baby away. Your asking that is the perfect Pastor Tony kind of rhetoric and a tactic to deflect from the real issue. We could go on to why an elders daughter is living with the pastor as a spiritual father but we are not there yet. Remember peope we are here to warn you about Radiant Life this forum is not SpeakTruth and Loves apologetics forum. And really Dr. Loves posts are nonsensical, that means they do not make sense most of the time. Dr. Love you were part of an sub inner circle that loved, adored, and adulated Paul. You can o to one members my space page and read about how much he longs for Paul. Sorry, you reap what you sow.

Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: June 11, 2008 08:46AM

"It seems that they want to believe only their own truth because they are still in deep with members of the church."
-"It seems" is a code word for an assumption.

You keep posting about the baby issue but there is nothing more to be said. What would you like to hear? Have you not already found someone to agree with you? I'm not here to agree or disagree as to whether or not it is acceptable to give a baby to someone. I'm just telling you that you are not sitting on a throne with a scepter and a crown, able to dictate other's lives. This situation is sketchy as it stands because: A) That church never told him to give his kid away, that was a personal choice, and B) That was then, this is now (in other words, he is not a leader in that church, therefore the situation does not apply). For me to question and judge someone else's decision regarding this would be beyond my scope of work. I should focus on that lil piece of wood in my own eye, that's my job.

All you see is black and white. You fail to see the gray area. You refer to it as being wishy washy. I refer to it as integrity. I have also seen many destructive practices in the leadership and I have had my share of crappy experiences as well. I have shared many of these experiences already, and I have moved on. You keep throwing people under the bus.

Let's try to make this thread productive. Let's try to actually discuss the issues at hand, including first-hand experiences and whom they involved. Then we have a starting point and there is a great possibility that these issues (which I agree are very serious) can be resolved. If you do not believe that there is a possibility to bring resolve, then your posts become nothing more than slander. If the issues, with full detail (this is important), are brought to light, then they can be addressed without he-said, she-said rhetoric. I am sure the moderator would agree that this is a positive approach.

Also, just so you know "whatajoke", I am only as sarcastic as I am because I find many of the posts here to be so ridiculous and far-fetched. I am referred to as a "spy" and a "tony lover" because I am not so exaggerated. I have learned to forgive, we all should learn to do the same.

Also, please stop speaking to me in a condescending and assuming fashion. It really takes away from your credibility when you continue to refer to me as a person who is submitted to Tony's authority. I will repeat for the 439th time, "I do not go to Radiant Life Church". I hope that is clearly spelled out.

What is this myspace issue that you have now mentioned several times? Again, details will actually validate your posts. Thank you.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: June 11, 2008 09:11AM

I believe, whatajoke, that, from my reading, Dr. Love and apparently SpeakTruth are exibiting either classic "troll" behavior or are "apologists" on this board to defend this christian cult OR, as it has been have suggested on this forum, stuck between exit and remaining and keeping in cult-relatives good graces.

Like many here, I have been "groomed" in a cult, mine was "The Bible Speaks" (whose founder just died and is currently finding out that oblivion awaits, not paradise). This was a New England (U.S.A.) based christian cult which was abusive and vile. I escaped through force of logic. I would urge Dr. Love and SpeakTruth to re-evaluate their defense of RLC and escape completely. By that , I mean to escape and stop defending the abusers who are tormenting so many who are too weak to escape.

God speed to any of you fortunate enough to escape the RLC cult, and to those who "troll" here, there is a future without being a member of this cult.

Date: June 11, 2008 09:23AM

sorry Joe but i would have to do it, kill you that is.

I can answer your question so can you now answer mine?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 11, 2008 08:20PM

Dr. Love:

If you continue to flame here you will be banned.

Very last warning.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 11, 2008 08:27PM

SpeakTruth:

You said, "there is a possibility to bring resolve, then your posts become nothing more than slander. If the issues, with full detail (this is important), are brought to light, then they can be addressed without he-said, she-said rhetoric. I am sure the moderator would agree that this is a positive approach."

No I don't agree with your "approach" and it isn't "positive."

Words like "slander" and phrases like "he-said, she-said rehtoric" expose you as little more than an Internet troll or apologist as Sparky has succinctly stated.

And there is no "possibility to bring resolve" on any "issues" regarding RLC without a church constitution and democratically elected board to enforce it.

You seem to be here to antagonize members of the board commenting about RLC and to subvert this thread.

Very last warning.

Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.