Pages: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
Why are family members leaving Radiant Life Church of Katy
Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: June 07, 2008 12:32AM

Why are people leaving? Perhaps eyes are being opened now and people are starting to see that any tie to Tony Cunningham is Dangerous. Families leave for many reasons... Leadership is overbearing and lords over the people. This is all a result of the monster Tony Cunningham has created... I am not afraid to tell what I have seen or have been through. Many people are being left dry and weary all because Radiant Life Church has become about Tony Cunningham and not God! I really don't care what RLC defenders have to say, I don't care about the sarcastic remarks made on this forum, I don't care about people trying to tell me I'm wrong. I have already contacted the Church of God Nor Cal association with whom Tony Cunningham is on their network. The attention was brought to the Executive Director.... By the way... RLC members this isn't a bluff either... it's real. My goal is to see that Tony Cunningham is brought down to the place where he will come fwd to the people and just give it up and make amends. I have gathered all the information I can and emailed it to the Executive Director. I am just waiting for her response... Seriously though... Leadership of RLC please stop this madness and confess that YOU are in the wrong for what you have done!!!!!

Attention all Former RLC attenders, Ex-Leadership.... Come fwd with your stories so that all may know.

~T~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are family members leaving Radiant Life Church of Katy
Posted by: Dr. Love ()
Date: June 07, 2008 03:36AM

Mr. T

you are awesome, just when i thought you had covered all the topics. their is not a dull bone in your body.

i agree with you however, people need to come forward and speak of 1st hand experiences; not "i know this guy who saw this guy sleep with my monkeys uncle" kinda stuff.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 07, 2008 03:52AM

Dr. Love:

Have you now decided that RLC is a bad place and in need of reform?

Do you support a system of checks and balances through democratic church government?

What do you now see that is wrong with the leadership at RLC?

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: June 07, 2008 04:31AM

my comments are definately not coming from the Monkeys Uncle. The monkey's uncle did not speak to me about a baby being given away. hey maybe it was not the lord but the monkeys uncle that told Paul to give away his precious gift. No one has been able to explain that scripturally, yet they celebrated it at the church. I guess you reap what you sow afterall. Katy residents should know that the pastor of North Katy was the recipient of a baby given by another church member. The couple who had the baby were every bit able to care for the child but halfway throuh the pregnancy God spoke to the man and told him to give the baby to the North Katy pastor and wife because she was having trouble getting pregnant. That is a tragedy as a christian. God never intended for people to manipulate the gifts given to them and play god in the process. Because I heard his voice in this situation probably isn't good enough because it in no way lines up with scripture. So maybe it is the Radiant Life people and former people who are hearing the monkeys uncle and not the real voice of god through his word. As a note to Katy residents, the man who gave up the baby was in leadership at the Sacramento church and has subsequently had marital problems and a domestic violence case against him. It looks like (and this is probably coming from the monkeys uncle) it was a good idea for the North Katy pastor to get out of town and away from what had happened.

Posted by: Dr. Love ()
Date: June 07, 2008 05:35AM

Have you heard this man say that it was indeed not God that spoke to him? Or are you basing your judgment off your own thoughts about what another mans regrets may or may not be? If you are indeed the judge of other men’s decisions, please I wish that you would consider me with favor and grace.

If you read my previous post then you would know where I stand. I see that people are trying to crush all the people and things they do not agree with. Im not saying that reporting the wrong is bad just tell your own story not someone else's cause unless you are them you know very little about the situation only what any one else would know looking from the outside.

And still know one will choose to say this is who i am and this is how i have been wronged by the church personally.

To further answer your ?’s

1. I know for me Radiant Life is not a church building that i would attend or be committed too. Yes it need's reformation and so does the church of America as a whole.

2. I support a system of checks and balances through the Holy Trinity.

3. The only thing I know about the Leadership is that Tony has not kept his word, but then again neither has Transparent. And it’s not like I have just discovered this.

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: June 07, 2008 05:39AM

Whatajoke:

Thanks for sharing that... I feel bad for the position that Paul Childs was put into... His wife is the "Tony Freak" anyways.... She is very domineering in fact and I make it my goal to tell many about the baby incident. It is sick and digusting that ppl like Tony Cunningham want to play God. Tony seems to prey on the women and get them to turn against their husbands... he loves it and it shows. He knows if he can win these women over he can win over a majority of them... at least the ones that buy into his lie. SICK SICK SICK! My stomach turns at what has happened within that church... Read the new posting reply from someone in Katy at Topix.com under Katy, TX.... read their experience why they left RLC Katy....

whatajoke
my comments are definately not coming from the Monkeys Uncle. The monkey's uncle did not speak to me about a baby being given away. hey maybe it was not the lord but the monkeys uncle that told Paul to give away his precious gift. No one has been able to explain that scripturally, yet they celebrated it at the church. I guess you reap what you sow afterall. Katy residents should know that the pastor of North Katy was the recipient of a baby given by another church member. The couple who had the baby were every bit able to care for the child but halfway throuh the pregnancy God spoke to the man and told him to give the baby to the North Katy pastor and wife because she was having trouble getting pregnant. That is a tragedy as a christian. God never intended for people to manipulate the gifts given to them and play god in the process. Because I heard his voice in this situation probably isn't good enough because it in no way lines up with scripture. So maybe it is the Radiant Life people and former people who are hearing the monkeys uncle and not the real voice of god through his word. As a note to Katy residents, the man who gave up the baby was in leadership at the Sacramento church and has subsequently had marital problems and a domestic violence case against him. It looks like (and this is probably coming from the monkeys uncle) it was a good idea for the North Katy pastor to get out of town and away from what had happened.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 07, 2008 06:00AM

Dr. Love:

First, Transparent is not the topic of this thread, RLC and its leadership are the topic here.

Please follow the rules you agreed to before posting here, which include not attacking members of this board personally.

Stay on topic.

Do you believe that "reformation" at RLC should include democratically elected church government, which is the norm for most Protestant churches?

Do you consider RLC a destructive church?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2008 06:02AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: June 07, 2008 07:16AM

RRMod: It seems this thread is a bit biased... I only say that because whatajoke is able to say whatever he wants (personal attack?) about whoever he wants with no consequences. As a moderator, where is the line drawn? I would seriously like to know because I have asked this before with no real answer, seeing that posters are not treated equitably.

And regarding this couple and the child they gave away: does it have anything to do with Radiant Life? Did the pastor force them, or even influence, them to do this? Or perhaps they made this decision because they felt it was right to THEM. What I'm trying to say is that if you have a problem with whatever someone has done in the past, take it up with them. I mean, you are using something that someone has done that you disagree with, to make a point about how screwed up a church is, and it's not even related to the church at all. I'll tell you this, I USED to go there and I'm a jerk sometimes. I suppose you should start a thread about how RLC is full of jerks and promotes being a jerk... that would be ludicrous.

You people say to stay on topic, so do it yourself. Don't point your finger at Doc Love and myself and then turn around and start talkin about the personal lives of people that have, in the past, attended that church. That, my readers, is off topic. Now it may apply as a warning if Pastor TC were tellin folks to give up their kids, but you are assuming that this is the case. If you tell a story, tell it to the end. Don't trash a person's character that cannot even speak for himself. The other things I would say right now would put you in your place as a coward, if it were not for being edited out as flaming and personal attacks... so I will hold my digital tongue.

To answer RRMod: I absolutely believe that RLC should have democratically voted in leadership, and as a side note, I think that the voting should be secret, so that nobody would vote based on pressure...

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: June 07, 2008 07:31AM

Love, I have no idea what the first part of your rantings mean. but if you are implying in anyway that I am speaking of the baby issue because of something I heard from someone else (the monkeys uncle) you are totally wrong. it is straight from Paul C's mouth. The knowledge is personal because he personally explained it to me. So I just wanted to clarify because i did not understand your post. i will continue to post about my personal experiences there and not what the monkeys uncle told me. And if you in anyway are trying to support the position of giving away a baby then perhaps you have lost touch with the things you claim you are. The bottom line is that I have personally witnessed, heard, and seen everything that I have posted about on this forum. I have not seen Tony sleeping with other women but I have seen what would seem to be inappropriate behavior with young women. Same goes for others in leadership, Ryan L being a big one. These are married christian men. So, from me you will get what I know based on what I have seen and personally experienced and really not much of it was good at Radiant Life. When I tell other people who are mature in other churches about the stuff they can not believe it. There is a long laundry list of very Godly, faithful men who have left because of the abuse, destruction, and havoc. Guys like Duffy, Beennet, Petrie, jewsk, Bianch, michalk, etc. it goes on and on and on. These men were with this church when it started so you definately got to see something is grossly not riteous at this church. and really your comments make no sense or logic. #1 the church in america needs reformation but that doesn"t mean that there arent good churches and you should stay at a destructive church #2 I support a system of checks and balances through the holy trinity--- what kind of generalized immature christian statement is this? How would this work to keep law and order on the streets? Man has a part in everything including building a church that has checks and balances. We are not robots who just float around saying oh the holy spirit wll take care of it.Did you ever thnk that God might be waiting for this people at RLC to start checking people for him? #3 this comment cracks me up--Transparent is not Tony and not accountable to a church body or 2000. they are both accountable to god but Tony is a leader and accountable to the people he leads. And again I would add I have seen you not keep your word but that is definately not the issue here and i really don't care. if you are hurt because your friend is being talked about get over it. he put himself in that situation and has definately been part of the destruction. But what is the real problem-- someone who really does not know the voice of God if he is giving away a baby was put in dynamic leadership positions at the church. same goes for the whole discipleship program or what used to be the discipleship program. I have seen so much competition between Ryan L, michael, others to get people to disciple that it is ridiculous. Everyone was building up their possee including your friend. The pastors and leaders had no accountability as to who was doing what. I actually would see these people waiting to pounce on people at church to get them in discipleship. matter of fact had a couple friends come to church who were blown away by it. Then most of these young pastors only became pastors because some supposed prophet prophesized them to be pastors and the elders voted on it. hence, guys who had not personality, no love flowing out of them, were put in positions to lead people. These aren't pastors, anyone can do this. there are plenty of people in business and athletics that can lead people. There are pastors who don't say boo to people. My family and friends are blown away when I tell them TJ (oh sorry another name change) is a pastor. anyway, love you have done a good job to get the keys flowing again. ps, it is sad that you so want to know who everyone is. i will tell you I am somebody and everything I am posting about is how RLC personally wronged me as a member of the body of Christ. I have better things to do than talk about what someone driving by a starbucks saw through the window going 65, or whatever. Mine are personal experiences and guess what, you will not be my savior, or mentor, or counselor, or whatever. I am talking to very godly men who have been in the faith and seen these types of things to maybe get a little closure but for now i guess i thought i had it but i don't.

moderater--- thanks for stepping in. this forum is definately about RLC. The issues about accountability and fiscal issues have never been fully addressed. I know one brother who called Pastor Tony out on some fiscal issues that were not godly or riteous and he has left the church because they shut him out once he started questioning. Again this is not from the monkeys uncle but from the brother himself.

Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: June 07, 2008 11:11AM

I don't understand this one... please clarify:

"...someone driving by a starbucks saw through the window going 65, or whatever."

Pages: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.