Excerpt from The Houston Chronicle based on Radiant Life Church!!!!
Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: June 06, 2008 10:17PM

freed1's page Recommend Age: 42

View Profile Report abuse

Home Messages Comments Photos Blog Profile Your blog title
Your blog tagline
Report item as: (required) X Obscenity/vulgarity Hate speech Personal attack Advertising/Spam Copyright/Plagiarism Other Comment: (optional) Warning to Katy, TX--- Radiant Life Church of Katy, TX is DANGEROUS!!
Warning to Katy, TX--- Radiant Life Church of Katy, TX is DANGEROUS!!
Posted 5/29/2008 3:46 PM CDT
Many people have raised questions about Radiant Life Church of Katy, TX and the Main Church Radiant Life Church of Sacramento, CA. Why did they move here? What is the purposes of RLC.... There is alot of Man-Worship which takes place at this church. Spiritual Parenting and The So_called Shepherding Movement are very evident. Tony Cunningham, Senior Pastor of Radiant Life Church of Sacrament, CA planted a church 2700 miles away in Katy, TX... Why? Please be aware that many people are controlled within this church, the influence of man is very heavy... Many families have left the church over time because of the wrong teachings there... Marriages have been broken there, children steered to turn against their parents and submit their lives to their disciplers.... This is just scratching at the surface of the disease infested Radiant Life Church way... 2:42 groups that people are urged to attend, living together, they call it community... just another twisting of scripture... For more information on Radiant Life Church... Go to Google... Type in "Radiant Life Church is a cult" and the very first link will take you to the Rick Ross forum which mainly deals with Cults and other religious issues perverting the church... Be aware that RLC of Katy, TX is no recommendation for a home church. Danger.... Please pass the word and help us all out... all the families who have been hurt and spiritually abused. Radiant Life Church is Dangerous!!!!
Comments (3) | Permanent Link
Tags: Radiant, Life, Church, is, Dangerous, Katy, Area, Churches, Churches, in, Katy
Email this post Recommend (1)
Report abuse
Report item as: (required) X Obscenity/vulgarity Hate speech Personal attack Advertising/Spam Copyright/Plagiarism Other Comment: (optional) Jane2 wrote:
This is all very disturbing, Freed. I'm nowhere near Katy, but as a former seeker, I see that people can really be drawn into the wrong things.

I wish you could give some specific examples of why the child was given to a pastor, how children are turned against their parents, things like that, so we'd really get an idea of what you are talking about. The overall view is scary.

jane
6/4/2008 7:21 PM CDT
Recommend Report abuse

freed1 wrote:
Jane 2....

The Pastor that did not have chidren... Paul and Lynn Gullion. Pastors of the 2nd church plant in North Katy. The wife could not have children... prayer after prayer after prayer. There is a family in Sacramento RLC Paul and Christine childs who was pregnant at the time began seeking "counsel" or wisdom from the Lord and obviously Pastor Tony Cunningham. She gave birth to a son and they gave up the child to Pastors Paul and Lynn G. There was a mass celebration over this at the GAP service on a Saturday night... How sick is that? There is a ministry school which they operate (unaccredited) it is called SOMA... they disciple people learning to make them followers of Christ,, blah, blah blah... There was a teaching in SOMA at one time about Spritual Parenting and thru many discipleship circles there...Many took the teaching (young adults) and they thus turned against there parents calling them filthy rags and that they were going to submit there lives only to their discipler (a teaching of Tony Cunningham) there was an uproar about this with many people... marriages have been broken and lives destroyed because of RLC. There was a Pastor there (Kevin Reta) who went thru a divorce because of his overtime devotion to the church... obvious! He was hurting and lived in the same neighborhood of the Pastor and his discipler... no one came to him to help. He was ex-communicated basically from the church and all it's licensing affiliations with Church of God Association of Northern California... all this becasue he started a bible study on his own... you see whenever you come against those with strong influence in Religion they respond in cult like manners. Or all the people who live in the same neighborhood because Pastor Tony lives there.... a bunch of people bought hosues on the same street as Tony Cunningham in order to keep it communal... can you say cult??? it is so sick there.... I cannot stand seeing people get hurt anymore.... Tony Cunningham oversees the Church in Katy... but he is just running the show... he has a young woman living with hm and his wife and family and she is so flirty with the man. They were seen by a reliable source in public holding hands and her with her hand up his shirt.... is that sick or what? How does his wife feel about that? Many things to say about RLC... just message back and I can give you more info!!!

Thanks

freed1
former RLC goer
6/5/2008 11:49 AM CDT
Recommend (1) Report abuse

Jane2 wrote:
Yes, definitely sounds like a cult!

Thanks for a few more details. And, you as a former member are in a better position than anyone to give a warning before someone gets sucked into a place like this.

I suppose cults may have easier access to the general Christian population since so many churches are now doing away with denominational titles, and becomming independent. I have, in the past, felt this was actually a good idea, and still do in some ways, but now I see how false religions and false teachers can take advantage of such a situation.

jane
6/5/2008 6:11 PM CDT
Recommend Report abuse

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Excerpt from The Houston Chronicle based on Radiant Life Church!!!
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: June 17, 2008 04:06AM

It is like Tony is mixing in the mormon and islamic traditions along with his own bastardization of the Bible I say mormonism because of the young girls living with pastors and islamic tradition because they pray 5-7 times a day to a demonic god to belong to rlc you need to be involved with every worship meeting that they have or come under the watchfull eye of the elders and staff.
if your in this cult get out now

Re: Excerpt from The Houston Chronicle based on Radiant Life Church!!!!
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: July 08, 2008 01:06PM

Tony is a master mind manipulator and will do anything to win favor with his subjects and get them to buy in.

Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: June 09, 2010 07:50AM

A LITTLE MATH

Total Posts Rick Ross Destructive Church Forum...11,396

Total Non Radiant Life Cult/TPWOC Posts...............5,565.....48.84%

Total Radiant Life Cult/Tony Cunningham Posts......2,989.....26.22%

Total TPWOC/Mike Villamor Posts...........................2,842....24.93%

Combine Total Percentage Of Posts On
Radiant Life Cult/Tony Cunningham and TPWOCult/ Mike Villamor.......51.16%

Over 51% of the total posts on an Cult Education Forum are attributed to the Satanic twistings of a Spiritual Father/Spritual Son team Tony Cunningham and Mike Villamor...............What does this leave to doubt?

Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 09, 2010 08:03AM

Is this the same group? [www.somaaustin.org]

They are using my favorite coffeehouse as a meeting place. I went to one of their meetings and it was typical Bible-cult/machismo stuff. Lots of scripture preaching that no one could argue with, no big deal there, but a casual atmosphere and no cult there, just boring and to me a little too self-consciously fake-blue-collar (but you see a lot of that in Austin). I went to the service just trying to figure out why this coffeehouse is allowing them to use the theatre but it can be rented by anyone, I guess.

The cult part was that they presented themselves as building a church here in austin so you can get in on the ground floor of a "church planting" but they immediately showed this video of a mission project in Africa to sink a well.

You know, if you are just starting a new church and the leader in his jeans and shirt is looking like a local guy with a regular job, you don't go off to Africa on mission. Only mature churches do that. And the mission presentation itself looked very fake. I thought they looked like they were planning to feed off the local college population who might see joining that mission as a peace-corps style summer adventure only to find themselves in a far-away intensive mind-control setting. Also it was a sure guilt-money-sucking program: water for the poorest of the poor, etc..

But anyway this all just started up last year. I have not gone back but I have seen the sign up for their continued meetings at that coffeehouse.

There may be something happening in Texas with this cult? Austin is the capital, so any church that intends to have a state impact will want its foot in Austin. Austin also is a big college town.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2010 08:04AM by dsm.

Posted by: wantingtruth ()
Date: June 09, 2010 10:15AM

Radiant Life of Katy Texas is dead and gone, I know that Tom has renounced Tony Cunningham and his teachings, and will have nothing to do with them. Texas is probably the last place Tony wants to go given that some who contended against him the strongest now live in that state.
By that I mean Dan Plant, Matt Wanner, and Jesse Mancillas. You can probably put Tom in that list too.

The only place where Tony's disease still has a pulse is good old Sacramento, and his connection to Marysville Washington.

The larger picture is that Tony's version of "ministry" is everywhere live a virus across this land. Not just in the USA but all over the world where the church has international connection.

Ministry for money, Money changers in the temple courts, and a performance based CEO led church. It's all about being successful. If you aren't successful, then you just aren't capturing all that God has for you. Of course you'd better pay your tithe, plus gifting, and honor your pastor excessively, and go to church 6 nights a week (saturdays you go during the day), and nod you head in agreement as you slavishly devote yourself the flesh who would be god (the arrogant pastor who was in my case, Tony), instead of following God, and the Word made flesh.

It makes my blood boil as I think of the love and devotion meant for God that is siphoned off for some punk who thinks too much of himself. Millions and millions of dollars go to propping up some lavish lifestyle, when all along the saints thought it was going to the work of the kingdom.
And working and striving, trying to find some approval from the fool, when all the while, Christ is held as being distant unless you get the shmoe's approval of your offering.

Funny, the word doesn't say we need man's approval.

It doesn't suprise me that you would see something that looks like an RLC replica in Austin TX, it's way too profitable of a business model to ignore. But I would put money down that Tony hasn't taken his stench there.

Why? He's too busy hiding behind the blinds in his own house. Afraid to go out, because he might meet someone who will call him out. Afraid to say anything because it will show up on this blog. POOR LITTLE MOUSE! What a terrible "persecution" you are enduring at the hands of "bitter" people. Poor little pouty mouse didn't do anything wrong! It's just all a misunderstanding. OR did the chickens come home to roost?

Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 09, 2010 10:24AM

Well, it is what we Catholics call the "abundance heresy". If you preach that God shows His grace with material blessings, then all the rest of the church built on that foundation will come to resemble that kind of cult. Joel Olsteen, for example, with all those people in a church far too huge to provide "community" and they are maxing out their credit cards all the time so that they look affluent enough to claim they are "blessed" and pretending that huge donations are genuine "tithes". It is so easy for a cult leader to take control of the lives that have spun out of control on that kind of spiritual logic.

Hiding behind the blinds is the inevitable end of so many former leaders.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.