Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Interesting link on CULT Leaders, characteristics and so forth
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: May 27, 2008 11:39AM

sallie, don't forget to check out the other threads regarding Radiant Life Church.

Has anyone ever hear of Radiant Life?....
Investigating Radiant Life
Who else has been hurt by Radiant Life.........
Radiant Life and their so called DNA......
First of all- i'm back

You will see that there have been several people post about the church. Read through the posts to get a better idea of the issues and to help you educate yourself and others.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: concern08 ()
Date: May 28, 2008 06:03AM

To Transparent & Others,

Luckily, my friend read the other threads about RLC this weekend. Since she only attended there occassionally, she never got that involved with the place. She did commented that the people were all in your face constantly without giving her breathing space. That is sort of what I gathered during my visit to the RLC here in Katy. I just thought the people were sort of odd and almost too nice in this weird type of way. It reminded me of the movie "Stepford Wives" were everyone appear to be clones or like robots. They were nice people, but something just didn't feel right. I really have no personal experience to speak of, but I am bit curious about the place since it is in my community.

Maybe those who have personal experiences with RLC could help me assist the people of Katy. This will help people to know what to look for if they are attending there or if they are invited to this place.

Could you list the tactics that they use to recruit people or the specific things that they do to manipulate people.

What are the signs or things should people look out for?

How is Pastor Tom & Paul both linked to Tony Cunnigham?

Does Tony plan to move more families here in Texas?

Are they leaving California because people know that something is wrong?

I read in the previous threads about young women living with elders and people giving their children away, what other bizzare things go on there?

What happens to the people who give their children away or to the families of the young women living with elders?

Please explain what is the purpose of SOMA and their other meetings?

Have any of you ever thought about getting together as a group to bring the place down?

Has anyone ever contact Child Protective Services, law inforcement, or other agencies about the abuse inside the church?

Does Tony have some high shot lawyer that will bail him out of any accusations made by former members?

What happens to those individuals who confront Tony or other leaders about their wrong doings?

How dangerous is Tony? Is he in this for monetary purposes only or does he really believe in his own teaching? Is he some type of raging lunatic or just a con-artist?

Do they recruit teenagers in the public schools and college age students or do they go after families more? What age group do they heavily recruit?

What other things or insightful information will you give to the people of Katy, Texas about RLC? What are the definite red flags that may go unnotice to most people?

Thanks in advance for all of your information. It will be better for people that have a better grasp about RLC to inform others. I will just tell the people that I know to stay far away from this place and to spread the word to other people in Katy.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: May 30, 2008 12:17AM

Concern08, make sure and read through all of the posts on Radiant Life. You will get a good idea of the issues that have gone on or are going on there. I don't really beleive this is a full blown cult but the church has many elements of cultish behaviors and has been very very destructive in peoples lives. There is definately or has been in the past a great deal of Pastor Tony worship, probably not asked for by him but nonetheless it is prevalent. And the guy who gave the baby away was in a leadership position in the church. There are many posts on this website under differrent headings. Some of the posts may be a bit exaggerated but even those have some basis because of the type of behavior occurring. However, most of the posts are not exaggerated and raise serious issues that are going on in that church. Many people who helped start the church have left because of many of these issues. The church plant in Katy is kind of a preparation for 2010. The church considers itself a church planting church and God spoke to Pastor Tony a few years ago and told him that they are to plant 10 churches a year domestically and 100 abroad every year for 10 years starting in the year 2010. This was to be accomplished through the raising of leaders in SOMA (School of Ministry Arts). SOMA is a nonaccredited school of ministry arts. I have no idea how they are going to accomplish the planting of churches or wouldnt be suprised if god "spoke again" and told him something else. The students coming out of SOMA are mostly young, immature, and very inexperienced in life. Alot of kids are foregoing college and jobs to go to this unaccredited school. Anyway, read through the posts to get a better idea. You can judge for yourself whether you choose to go there or not. I just want to put the information out there for people to evaluate and not make the same mistakes that many others have by giving themselves to the authority of very unqualified people at this church. Remember, if you have a bad feeling about something there is usually some merit to it.

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: May 31, 2008 01:31AM

This is copied from the 2nd church plant in Katy, TX.... it is RADIANT LIFE CHURCH'S MIssion Vision Values:

I bolded the area that concerns me.... why plant so many churches? Work on loving the community you're in.....But how can you love the community you are in if the Leadership is so corrupt back in California..... Something to think about!!

Radiant Life is a non-denominational Christian church. We are being sent by Radiant Life of Katy (www.rlckaty.com) to plant a
church on the north side of I-10. Our goal is to reach as many people possible with the life transforming message of Jesus Christ.

Our Mission
To know, love and serve God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength and to lead as many people as possible to know, love
and serve God with all of their heart, soul, mind and strength.

Our Vision:

Win the lost

Equip the saints

Raise up leaders

Plant new churches

Our Values:

Worship

Prayer

The Word

Faith

Love

Our Beliefs
We believe in the inspiration of the Bible, in the Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit), in the deity of Jesus Christ and His virgin
birth, in salvation by Grace through faith, in the infilling of the Holy spirit, and in the return of Jesus Christ.

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: May 31, 2008 01:44AM

RLC links to their old newletters:

[www.radiantlifechurch.org]

[www.radiantlifechurch.org]

just in case any wanted to read some.... ??????

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.