Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Bob Thieme: POSITIVE ASSESSMENT (peppered with some discernment)
Posted by: sistersoap ()
Date: June 27, 2008 02:36AM

Thanks for clarifying it for me. I agree that Ironside supports exposing error and false teaching anywhere they crop up in the body of christ.

If IS the job of EVERY Christian to rebuke and expose false teaching. Just as you would expect the city to put up warning signs for large pot holes and bridges which are weak or failing ahead, so you would expect Christians to speak up about error, and the wider spread the error, the wider the warning should be. It is NOT UNBIBLICAL to participage in message boards such as this one to warn others and to testify of our personal experience with the teaching of Thieme. NONE of us here are interested in slandering Thieme personally, and very few of what has been posted would even begin to approach that, as far as I can see. Thieme's followers seem to assume that any CRITIQUE of the teaching is equivalent to personal attack, and it is not the same at all. Some posts are very strongly negative to him as a person, but I am inclined, knowing what I know from personal experience, to allow that kind of post because not everyone has suffered to the same degree as others.

It is the supporter of Thieme who should be careful of how they defend specific errors we bring up, but they rarely do that. They just give more Thieme jargon abhorring any mention of error, and threaten us with TRIPLE COMPOUND DIVINE DISCIPLINE for exposing error. It is the TEACHING which is public and freely disseminated and therefore available to all which we address here on this forum, not the person of Thieme or his character for the most part.

It is very interesting that Thieme SUGGESTS THAT IRONSIDE ASKED HIM TO SUCCEED HIM AT MOODY MEMORIAL CHURCH. He also suggested that CHAFER CALLED HIM A GENIUS. Who else has he claimed the endorsement, but has nothing real to prove it? This is a PATTERN with Thieme. The admiration of others who have been respected in the Christian theological circles he claims to have earned, but he credits no one else's work at all in his teaching, and in fact recommends NOBODY ELSE'S WORK on any subject when asked. All those recommendations, but he does no more academic work, or at least completed no further work, and buries himself in an obscure downtown church in Houston TX.

Thanks for including Ironside's statement, it supports the biblical admonitions to WARN OTHERS AGAINST ERROR. This is not the same as attempting to ruin a person's ministry or to destroy a church. Not at all the same thing.

Sistersoap

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.