Religous Cult Destroys Family
Posted by: bluedolphin ()
Date: May 01, 2004 10:28AM

My daughter and her family became involved with a local small town church.As time went on the minister became more and more involved in their private lives.He controlled their money,their sex lives(husband had to ask permission to be intimate),diciplining the children,getting their groceries and who they were allowed to talk to or associate with.
When I became a Latter Day Saint 4 years ago things got worse for my daughter.The minister told her that she was not to have anything to do with me.I was basically shunned by her and her husband and was not allowed to see my four grandchildren.
She went along with this up until January of 2003.At that point she started to disobey them.Her husband was violent and abusive with her;but when she tried to talk to the church leaders they told her to be submissive to them and to her husband.
The controlling behavior reached the point where she was not allowed to have any contact with the outside world.The television,radio,phone were all taken away from her.He even took the battery out of the car when it wasn't being used.
One morning she found the phone cord and got a call into me before he heard her and yanked it from the wall.
I managed to get her and the four children out with the help of the police.
Since then the members have stalked her,thrown blood on the house,and are financing her husband to try and get custody of the children.She has moved four times in a year to try and escape them but with their following her and their expensive lawyers it is next to impossible.CAN ANYONE HELP US??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ginger38 ()
Date: May 11, 2004 10:11AM

I am sorry to hear whats happening to you, the only thing I can think of is to contact the proper authorities, file a police report, write down the dates what happened etc. Or try contacting the district attorney.

I have known a few people who had to left the country to get away from these kind of things. Some left the cities or state. Also, these types of cults like to keep the abuse things in secret. Exposing them to the public is the last thing they want, they always like to portray themselves as perfect. Its all about PR. (Public relation) . Contacting the proper authorities is the first step. You also need proof like, when the husband has hit her, did she took some pictures of the bruises ? did you take pictures of the blood on the door etc. Make sure a camera is handy at all times. Never , ever be alone with an abuser. The same goes with an abusive pastor. Never ever talk to them privately. If they prefer private conversation make sure you have a recorder.

I remember when my sister in law was being physically abused by her boyfriend. The proof lies on the pictures. Then we start to confront him publicly . When he was expose publicly that he is a abusive person, his family found out about it, his workplace found out about it, he STOP harrasing my sister - in - law, the police knows about it . he literally drove her home and left and never came back ! . that was the last time we heard from him.

Contact the proper authorities is the first step. I hope this help.

Posted by: cozyquiltz ()
Date: July 15, 2004 04:21AM

First, be assured that my prayers are with you. What a nightmare! I don't know if there are any battered women's shelters in this town, but if so, I would highly recommend contacting them. They are experts in this sort of thing. Even if your daughter does not have to stay in the shelter, they provide counseling, can tell her what to do to be less likely to be found, and in some cases can help get her into a witness protection type program. PLUS they're excellent for documenting for purposes of the custody dispute. Second, know that this will end. I escaped an abusive marriage 10 years ago. My ex stalked me until I thought I would go crazy. The police would do nothing, the restraining order was not worth the paper it was written on, I finally was driven by desperation to buy a gun and to let him know that I'd use it if he bothered me again. It stopped immediately. Jerks like this ONLY understand violence. There is no reasoning with them and they don't believe in logic. That is NOT to say that answering violence with violence would work and I'd never, ever recommend that, it is just what worked for me and an illustration that getting rid of these types is not as easy as those who've never been there would think it is. Read the book "How to Stop a Stalker" by Mike Proctor. It could save your daughter's life. This book has been SO helpful for me! Tell your daughter to never use her home address for anything, get a po box, and get one far away from home. Constantly be aware, someone may be following her. Change cars as often as possible, even borrowing from friends, relatives, etc. It makes you harder to follow. Change routes and routines daily. Habit gives the enemy a huge advantage! My prayers are with you and your daughter that this situation will work out to her and the children's benefit. This too shall pass!

Re: Religous Cult Destroys Family
Posted by: Dogwood ()
Date: April 16, 2018 12:33AM

I would like to know if anyone has had any problems with Lighthouse christain church of sonoma ca they are associated with new life christain church of novoto ca wich ia a sublet of the Houstma's Roder and David thank you

Re: Religous Cult Destroys Family
Posted by: howgodmadeu ()
Date: June 12, 2018 01:15PM

To whom it may concern:

We are here to help anyone who is fighting the good fight against McArthurism. We have been wanting to help, but wasn't sure how to do it. We have also been affected by McArthurism through our family...they were manipulated into following this cult by being recruited to visit other churches throughout the world. Our immediate family was hurt by our own family because we wanted to help. We decided to take a stand and not let McArthurism take our power away...we want to act, and not be silent any longer. If there is someone who is willing to take a stand with us, we can discuss further what we would like to do.

Imagine
by John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.