More Maranatha Fallout
Posted by: CultStalkker ()
Date: October 16, 2007 02:29PM

So, I dated a girl who is in The Maranatha Christian Church. To make a long and rediculous story short. She recently went and had an emergency order of protection entered against me in an attempt to keep me from talking to her parents about the group. She was also trying to hide the fact that she continued to call her ex boyfriend despite being married to the cult leaders son. Now, I have to go and testify that I wasn't stalking or being abusive, that I was just concerned about a friends involvement with a cult. I broke up with this girl three years ago and I am still having to deal with the effects of having been around Maranatha. I was pissed then and I am even more pissed now. At least some of the abuses of the Maranatha Christian Fellowship will be aired in public. Part of my testimony is going to be my statement of some of the concerning practices of "pastors" and Maranatha which led to my approaching this persons family. These people really do mess up lives. People think just because it isn't them or that it is only a few people suffering that it isn't a serious problem. I already lost a friend and now I am facing being registered as a domestic abuser. I cant place the last four years of my life because of the unknown influence the "pastors" had on my relationship and thus me. It is almost too much to wrap my head around. What is really wild is that her experience is exactly like the those of the people in the articles in the database. It is like they have standard protocol for abusing people. Wish me luck.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.