Current Page: 2 of 3
The satanic church of jesus...cult or not?
Posted by: EmeraldMyst ()
Date: September 25, 2007 10:13AM

Maynard
IF jesus is real, and IF he were here...he wouldn't be at church...he would be at the bar across the street, or the marylin manson concert your parents warned you not to go to, or even that r rated movie the pastor said he wouldn't feel right about seeing. So what DOES it mean to be christ like? What DOES it mean to have a "christ concious"?

Perhaps Jesus would be doing the things you mention...when he wasn't too busy cursing fig trees for their failure to produce fruit out of season...or having his disciples steal a donkey and her foal so that he could appear to fulfill some misunderstood Old Testament prophecy...or teaching his disciples to hate their families...or overturning the moneychangers' tables in the temple who were there for the purpose of changing the unacceptable Roman money into a currency more acceptable for the temple...or harrassing the temple merchants who were selling animals to be sacrificed at the alter for those who came from too great a distance to realistically be able to bring their own...or any number of other things to win friends and influence people. People who haven't read the bible (and many who have, for that matter) seem to imagine Jesus as some kind of all-loving being who had nothing but good to say about everyone. Kind of an adult male version of Shirley Temple, if you will. Actually, nothing could be further from the truth.

If you get the time, you might want to look up the verses I mentioned in my first post in this thread. You can even go to the following website to make it easier: [www.blueletterbible.org] If it's you first real introduction to the New Testament, it will probably be quite an eye-opener for you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 25, 2007 10:30AM

Vodnik
EmeraldMyst
Vodnik
How about giving us some documentation that this church even exists? Until then, I say this thread is bunk.

You're not into humor much, are you?

Not when it comes to people's lives or well being.

I'm sorry. Is this a Comedy Central forum?

Sometimes humor is used as a mirror, to show people things about themselves they otherwise refuse to see. Have you ever thought that perhaps the reason some people get caught up in cults is because they take everything way too seriously? Don't you ever just listen to the utter twaddle they push from the pulpit and want to laugh out loud? Really, how can anyone take any of it very seriously? Lighten up a bit. And use your power of discernment to cut through the nonsense. If you'll do this, I can't imagine how you could possibly get caught up in a cult.

By the way, why is a story much more believable for having allegedly happened in a different time and place than it would be if it was happening in our own time and place? It isn't! It's time to put away childish things and figure out what's real and what isn't. Your mother? Real. Your father? Real. The President of the United States? Real. The Tooth Fairy? Not real. The Easter Bunny? Not real. Santa Claus? Not real. A Jewish man who was born of a virgin, and who was both God and the Son of God at the same time, and who came to die a horrendous, torturous death on a cross so that you and the rest of the world will be saved from being cast into an eternal lake of fire as long as you believe in him? Not real. See how that works?

And the truth shall set you free...

Posted by: Vodnik ()
Date: September 25, 2007 11:28AM

EmeraldMyst
Vodnik
EmeraldMyst
Vodnik
How about giving us some documentation that this church even exists? Until then, I say this thread is bunk.

You're not into humor much, are you?

Not when it comes to people's lives or well being.

I'm sorry. Is this a Comedy Central forum?

Sometimes humor is used as a mirror, to show people things about themselves they otherwise refuse to see. Have you ever thought that perhaps the reason some people get caught up in cults is because they take everything way too seriously? Don't you ever just listen to the utter twaddle they push from the pulpit and want to laugh out loud? Really, how can anyone take any of it very seriously? Lighten up a bit. And use your power of discernment to cut through the nonsense. If you'll do this, I can't imagine how you could possibly get caught up in a cult.

By the way, why is a story much more believable for having allegedly happened in a different time and place than it would be if it was happening in our own time and place? It isn't! It's time to put away childish things and figure out what's real and what isn't. Your mother? Real. Your father? Real. The President of the United States? Real. The Tooth Fairy? Not real. The Easter Bunny? Not real. Santa Claus? Not real. A Jewish man who was born of a virgin, and who was both God and the Son of God at the same time, and who came to die a horrendous, torturous death on a cross so that you and the rest of the world will be saved from being cast into an eternal lake of fire as long as you believe in him? Not real. See how that works?

And the truth shall set you free...

Yes, it shall. And you're talking to the wrong person, Judas. Ahahaha.

Posted by: Vodnik ()
Date: September 25, 2007 11:33AM

Actually, my above post was wrong. I apologize to those who take the crap posted above as serious.

Posted by: Maynard ()
Date: September 25, 2007 12:53PM

Hey now...EM...you're hittin a little too close to home here...I mean...who the hell are you to judge me for what I believe in? Who are you to strike me down and condemn my faith as a fully evolved, fully functional archetype of what a not so perfect person should be? I mean...goddamnit...if I want to believe in santa claus or the "almighty" tooth fairy...that's my business! Stay out of my theology, and out of my panths! EM...email me: moc.oohay@noitnetni_laicifitra

Posted by: Maynard ()
Date: September 25, 2007 12:56PM

I don't get it vodka...what were you wrong about? Was something you said apposed to be funny? I'm confused...enlighten me...please!

Date: September 29, 2007 06:51AM

Vodnik
Actually, my above post was wrong. I apologize to those who take the crap posted above as serious.

Which post was wrong? And what were you wrong about that you should apologize for it?

Date: September 30, 2007 03:40AM

There is another forum where some of these ideas about who Jesus was and what he was really like are being discussed, if you'd care to join in, or even just lurk:

[www.amazon.com]

Re: The satanic church of jesus...cult or not?
Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: November 13, 2007 04:51AM

HI Emeraldmyst,
In the KJV Isaiah and Revelation use different words. One says morning star. Another says son of morning. Something like that. You are referring to the NIV in which Isaiah and Revelation use the same word. No?

Re: The satanic church of jesus...cult or not?
Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: November 13, 2007 04:57AM

Hi Emeraldmyst,
You seem to know the Book pretty well. I have a question. I thought 'hate' was used comparitavely. I thought 'hate' meant to 'prefer less'. Essau was said to have been 'blessed by God'. Then compared to Jacob he was said to be 'hated'. Not abhored...hated.
Then Leah was the wife whom Jacob was buried with. Yet Leah was said to be 'hated' in comparison to Racheal?
Have you also found that to be the case in your studies? You know, about the word 'hated'.
Thanks for your insight.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.