Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Investigating Radiant Life Church of Sacramento
Posted by: Private-Eye ()
Date: August 21, 2007 11:40PM

[b:0ce937dc30]Investigating Radiant Life Church of Sacramento California [/b:0ce937dc30]

Currently I am conducting interviews from people who have been part of the Radiant Life Church in Elk Grove / Sacramento California.

My goal is to understand the pastor’s personal theology and belief system. This continues to be a mystery as he will not engage into conversations regarding his theological beliefs, especially if you are an outsider like me.

I am specially researching the teachings from Radiant Life Church that have caused people to reject a relationship with Christ. I need to hear from those of you who have been and elder or pastor, part of staff, leadership, or any one who has been part of a ministry team and now you find yourself not wanting anything to do with God or any church period. Hopefully that is not the case and you have found a new church.

What happened in your personal story or testimony that has caused you to become so angry at the church or to fall away into a destructive life style? How have you been affected? How have relationships been broken?

Of the people I have interviewed I would like to get more insight into the discipleship teachings that have been used and are now being used. I would like to hear for anybody who has received any instruction that has encouraged a spouse to leave the other spouse.

If your have been part of the bible school called SOMA
What teaching caused so many children to reject their birth parents and seek out “spiritual Parents”? How is this biblical? I would like to hear from you parents that have lost your children to this kind of teachings.

[b:0ce937dc30]All interviews are confidential. [/b:0ce937dc30]

Thanks
Private-Eye

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TMAC ()
Date: August 25, 2007 03:25AM

Mr or Mrs. Private Eye,

How do we know that we can trust you? I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but I am very suspicious about the timing of your post.

The best way to get a full grasp of RLC is to attend there. You will have to experience it for yourself. On the surface the church functions pretty much like a normal church. RLC resembles Jones Temple. So, you will not get much from that. Somehow you will have to infiltrate the inner circle. Attend a few house meetings, 2:42 groups, and prayer circles. They are hungry for new blood. Any new person walking through the door will be immediately welcome. Just spend some one on one time with a few of the "inner circle" people and you will begin to see that something is clearly wrong.

I do not think that anyone has rejected Christ just because of their experiences with RLC. We all have fully embraced Christ and rejected the teachings of man that is all. We are not angry at God.

The reason why Tony will not engage in conversations about his theological background is because Tony does not hold a degree from an accredited university in Theology, Bible Teaching, etc. I thought most pastors are required to have that. His theology is base upon his visions, dreams, and other "spiritual gifts" that he gets from God. If God tells Tony to plant churches, then a few of his folowers leave their homes and go do it. If God tells Tony this is how your suppose to discipline your children, then his followers do it. They do it because they think Tony gets these inspirations by God to "Disciple" them.

Basically, if you read about Jones Temple, the Discipling & Sheparding Movements, then you will get a clear picture as to how things are operated at RLC. RLC is sort of a combination of those three with a few of Tony teachings.

Posted by: Private-Eye ()
Date: August 25, 2007 02:21PM

Dear TMAC please
Please let me clarify to everyone.
I would encourage all people responding to me to use their Login ID or some other ID if they are not comfortable using your real name.
At this point in my investigation I am simply building my case and I am remaining anonymous purposefully so that I can discover as much as I can about this church. I want to hear form people who have first hand experience of manipulation, non-biblical teachings, controlling relationships or received counsel to be more submitted to their discipler or pastor than God. There are many other issues that are surfacing as I dig. I have interviewed several people who have attended the school called SOMA. I am surprised at the number of students that have dropped out each year their interviews have been very interesting. I have interviewed some staff members. Many people in this church are afraid to talk because they fear being exposed as a gossiper or slander. So please know this I will respect anyone wishing to remain anonymous.
I have interviewed two people who were posing as victims of the church and found out that they were spies. Please note I have interviewed two people who were posing as victims of the church only to discover that they were spies on behalf of the leadership. One of these people have posted in this blog and have been band form posting

Posted by: Vodnik ()
Date: August 25, 2007 05:22PM

"TMAC"
Mr or Mrs. Private Eye,

How do we know that we can trust you? I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but I am very suspicious about the timing of your post.

The best way to get a full grasp of RLC is to attend there. You will have to experience it for yourself. On the surface the church functions pretty much like a normal church. RLC resembles Jones Temple. So, you will not get much from that. Somehow you will have to infiltrate the inner circle. Attend a few house meetings, 2:42 groups, and prayer circles. They are hungry for new blood. Any new person walking through the door will be immediately welcome. Just spend some one on one time with a few of the "inner circle" people and you will begin to see that something is clearly wrong.

I do not think that anyone has rejected Christ just because of their experiences with RLC. We all have fully embraced Christ and rejected the teachings of man that is all. We are not angry at God.

The reason why Tony will not engage in conversations about his theological background is because Tony does not hold a degree from an accredited university in Theology, Bible Teaching, etc. I thought most pastors are required to have that. His theology is base upon his visions, dreams, and other "spiritual gifts" that he gets from God. If God tells Tony to plant churches, then a few of his folowers leave their homes and go do it. If God tells Tony this is how your suppose to discipline your children, then his followers do it. They do it because they think Tony gets these inspirations by God to "Disciple" them.

Basically, if you read about Jones Temple, the Discipling & Sheparding Movements, then you will get a clear picture as to how things are operated at RLC. RLC is sort of a combination of those three with a few of Tony teachings.

Holy crap. Read this person's post closely. It's quite disturbing. It goes between them, we, I and they. To PrivateEye, whatever you do, do not attend one of their "group" meetings. I beg of you, don't do it.

Posted by: Vodnik ()
Date: August 25, 2007 05:28PM

And I beg of the rest of you, don't listen to Private-Eye. It is one of them. And I stress "It".

Posted by: TMAC ()
Date: August 26, 2007 12:51AM

The point that I was trying to make Vodnik is that Private Eye will need to examine the church and not bother the posters on this thread. I use "I" to speak for myself and "We" to speak for the others who have posted about their experiences with RLC. So, sorry if my previous post was not clear. Actually, I was the first person who began to speak out against the church and to question its teachings. My original post last year encouraged others to share their experiences and to warn other people. People were afraid to come forward. I took the bull by the horn and posted on a few cult websites along with Rick Ross about RLC. So, other posters on this board have assisted me with warning others.

A person who is truly a private investigator will not post something on a public site. They will work within the church by using cameras, voice taping, and other technological methods. That is the only way that a true investigator can build their case. The words on this thread is not visual or audio proof to display to the public. However, if this investigator was legit he will go about those methods.

Yes, I totally agree with you that Private Eye is probably someone from RLC. I just do not think that an investigator who conducts a secret investigation will announce it on a public site. With all the modern technology that is available today why not use that to gain solid evidence?

Posted by: EmeraldMyst ()
Date: September 04, 2007 03:26AM

Some friends of my son and daughter-in-law stopped by for a visit last night, and the wife (I'll call her "Mary" and her husband "Frank") shared the story of her sister's induction into the inner circle of the Radiant Life cult. It gave us goosebumps! This is a full-on, real-life, brain-washing cult, the type you only read about in books but never expect to see up close and personal. I never attended this church myself, but "Mary" and "Frank" did attend it for awhile. My daughter-in-law, who I'll refer to as "Kim," had attended it a few times with Mary, and for the most part, it seemed normal enough on the surface. Kim did mention something about lady who, upon meeting her for the first time, suddenly wanted to make dinner for her and bring it to her house. She thought that was kind of strange, but she didn't think that much of it at the time. Frank and Mary eventually left the church when they began to realize something was not quite right about it. Apparently it isn't until you are part of the inner circle that the weirdness really begins, but by then you're so deep into it, you don't really realize just how weird it is.

When kids turn 18 is when they become serious targets for discipleship under Pastor Tony. They are told that their families don't really love them and the church is now their new family. Pastor Tony will move 18-year old girls in with him and they do a ring-swapping ceremony of some kind. It seems like a marriage of sorts, but then he arranges marriages for them, and they are expected to put up with whatever is dished out by the spouse - unless the spouse starts showing signs of breaking away from the church, and then the faithful member is told to leave the spouse. They are not permitted to use birth control and are expected to have a minimum of 5 children. The women are expected to stay home and the men only have part-time jobs. They also move groups of these young people together into million dollar houses that are owned by the church, although the kids are led to believe that they are part owners of the house because they are all paying the mortgage together. They don't find out until they try to leave that the house they have been helping to pay for is in no way theirs and that all they've been doing is paying rent. Apparently the church keeps buying up homes in this one area out near Camden Park in Elk Grove, in an attempt to make it a Radiant Life community.

The really sad thing is that when people do leave the church, they require "deprogramming," and they find it difficult to function because they can't even make simple decisions for themselves. The police won't do anything about it because these people are of age and they are there of their own volition. Once they are part of the inner circle, they don't want to leave because they are so mind-controlled that they can't even see how sick it is. This is an extremely dangerous cult and it is important that people know this upfront before ever getting involved with it.

Date: September 04, 2007 07:47AM

Does anyone know if Tony Cunningham is any relation to Loren and Darlene Cunningham, founders of "Youth With a Mission"? And their son, David Cunningham, director of "Path to 9/11"?

Also, I'd heard that Pastor Tony had another cult-type church in Washington, but he had been kicked out and told not to try it again. Does anyone know anything about that? (I'm not sure now if it was Washington state or DC.)

Date: September 04, 2007 05:40PM

Another thing I wanted to ask about - I'd heard there was some sort of weird connection between Coca-Cola and Radiant Life Church, and one of the things you are not permitted to do if you're in the inner circle is to drink Pepsi-Cola products - it had to be Coca-Cola instead. Does anyone know if this is true or what the reason would be?

Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: September 06, 2007 02:42AM

All I have to say is... what?!?

By the way, face to face I'll meet you any day.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.