Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
LONELINESS OUTSIDE THE CULT
Posted by: sistersoap ()
Date: August 19, 2007 02:22PM

Dear Friends on this Board,
What do you do when you want to talk to someone about Thieme and your life before during and after? How do you find someone to talk to about it? It is very hard to do. It seems the people around me don't want to hear it. They seem to think that talking about it should be OVER with once you leave. NOT SO.

I have spent a lot of time the last week or so reviewing this board, and other sources about what I used to believe and how it affected me and NOBODY here seems to realize how important it is to keep talking about it.

If it were not for you here on this board, there would be virtually nobody at all who knows what I am talking about.

I am so thankful to ORANGE who started this thread! And to the Rick Ross web site for providing the forum in the first place.

There is one difficulty you might be able to help me with and that is the size of the print on the screen. I wish I could control the size of the print. To read these posts I have to copy and paste into a word processing program, enlarge the print and then read it. Cumbersome!

Suggestions, anyone?

Sistersoap

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ezdoesit ()
Date: August 20, 2007 11:29PM

If you have a "View" tab on your toolbar, the drop-down menu should offer to increase or decrease the size of the text.

It's easy to see how these groups prey on people by offering a "family," "friends," and a social group. Have you tried something like Craigslist to see if there are any others near you who have left the cult?

EZ

Posted by: EmeraldMyst ()
Date: September 04, 2007 08:59PM

Sistersoap,

In regard to your question about changing the text size, go to the "View" pull-down tab, select "Text size" and choose a larger text size until you find one that works for you.

Date: September 04, 2007 09:01PM

Oops, sorry - your question had already been answered. Silly me! :)

Date: September 05, 2007 06:44AM

Hi EmeraldTryst

Thanks for advice about text size. I just tried the drop down menu on my tool bar, and selected larger size text, but nothing changed. Do I have to restart or something? Is this supposed to change the size of the print on this forum message board?

Thanks for all ideas!

Date: September 05, 2007 06:48AM

EZDOSIT you said:

ezdoesit
If you have a "View" tab on your toolbar, the drop-down menu should offer to increase or decrease the size of the text.

It's easy to see how these groups prey on people by offering a "family," "friends," and a social group. Have you tried something like Craigslist to see if there are any others near you who have left the cult?

EZ

REPLY:
No I never thought about Craig's List. What would I look for there? cult recovery? Is it a message board too?

My particular group is fairly obscure, but I could post for anyone who has left that group locally who wish to correspond or even meet....Hmmmm. I will go there and check it out now.

Thanks,
SisterS.

Date: September 05, 2007 11:44AM

I haven't had much luck trying to find support groups, but you might want to go to this site, where you can select your city or zip code and the category that best describes what you need therapy for and it will give you a list of therapists in your area that might be able to help you:

[therapists.psychologytoday.com]

Good luck!

Posted by: MsR07 ()
Date: September 11, 2007 01:06PM

Sister, i agree with you about the loneliness. My family doesn't even know yet that I'm in disagreement with some of Thieme's major topics. I dare not tell my non- "thiemite" friends what i'm feeling, because to someone who has never been exposed to it, it seems easy to say "oh that's crazy, its not the truth, just ignore it." But when you've come to associate your entire faith with the teachings of one person, disagreeing with what they say makes me feel lost. What I have been doing, because I am still a Christian, though I'm trying to separate the Biblical truths from the oddities of colonel thieme's teachings, is praying that I will find the truth. I have lived a happy life, full of blessings that are apparent to me; and I'm convinced that's because, though I've come to question thieme's methods, my family and I undoubtedly love the Lord, and lived Christian lives, whether we have practiced the mechanical naming of sins, etc., or not.

Date: September 11, 2007 07:26PM

MsR07
But when you've come to associate your entire faith with the teachings of one person, disagreeing with what they say makes me feel lost.

I suppose this is what it comes down to - the fear of being lost, cut off from those you love who are still caught up in the delusion, is what holds you captive more than anything else. Would you agree with this statement? If so, then the discovery that ones castle is built upon a foundation of sand brings one face to face with a huge and horrifying dilemma. Either you risk being shunned by your loved ones when you try to show them the man behind the curtain, or you play along in order to get along, all the while knowing that by doing so you are betraying not only yourself, but everyone you care about. It's not a very nice position to find yourself in, is it?

Date: September 11, 2007 09:06PM

REPLY:
No I never thought about Craig's List. What would I look for there? cult recovery? Is it a message board too?

My particular group is fairly obscure, but I could post for anyone who has left that group locally who wish to correspond or even meet....Hmmmm. I will go there and check it out now.

Thanks,
SisterS.[/quote]

Sister,

There is a discussion forum at Craigslist, but I'm not sure that will help you much.

Have you taken a look at [www.meetup.com]? You can stary your own meetup group, if they don't have what you're looking for in your area. Good luck!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.