Assemblies of God
Posted by: grma66 ()
Date: July 26, 2007 08:50PM

Who has had experience with this group? Judging from the background and methods of the man taking my daughter and grandchildren into a community forming from around the world, they are in some danger. He has a history of drug abuse, violence, spousal abuse and possibly pedophilia. Yet, less than a year after his latest drug and violent behaviors he was made a pastor by AG and is now forming the community. He brainwashes (hypnotizes) them with fake speaking in tongues and keeps total control. I and other family members are devasted and exhausted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Assemblies of God
Posted by: malleeboy ()
Date: July 27, 2007 06:50AM

I attended an AOG church in Australia, for seven years, the church I attended was the oldest pentecostal church in Australia. AOG denom is one of the oldest pentecostal denom's. (Although Americans generally do tend to be more enthusiatic about religion then Australians are.) They do have a tendency to appoint on annointing not on ability, so sometimes inappropriate people bubble to the top.

Firstly AOG's aren't exclusive, they'll generally mix and sawp with other trinitarian pente's. Secondly they tend to church plant at the drop of the hat so there will probably be another AOG not to far from you. Thirdly most AOGers are religious nuts but generally mostly benign.

You could also take your concerns up the church structure, it might at least get the guy more supervised. Or go to another pentecostal church in your area and express your concerns, the pastors will generally all know each other and at least know who to approach.

If you really are unhappy with this particular pastor can I suggest the following....

1) Suggest to the family that they move to another AOG or pentecostal church with a pastor you feel more comfortable with.

a) If it is smaller use the line that they could do more good helping grow a small chruch.

b) If it is bigger use the line that i will have better facilities for the kids.

2) If your not a Christian or not pentecostal, hint that if they family move it will make you more likely to attend or at least check it out. (Which since you seem to really dislike this current pastor is true) Pentecostal's are basically evanglelicals with a twist, so getting people saved is nearly always number one priority, they'll bend over backwards if they think it might get you or other members of your family saved and/or baptised in the spirit.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.