Under the Banner of Heaven
Posted by: bunnislippers ()
Date: January 17, 2004 12:12AM

I just started reading "Under the Banner of Heaven" by John Krakour and I was astonished to find out this was happening in America of all places. I am half way through the book and with each turn of the page my mouth drops open even farther! I felt compelled to find out what I can do to help the women of these communities. Why are so many people, who know that this is going on, turning their backs on them? They could have very productive lives with someone who cares about them as more than a baby machine! I guess it really angers me that so many of these girls never got to be just that, a child, a girl, a teenager! Why so some man can have 3 wives and assure his place in heaven? What about her? Someone give me some insight, please! For the life of me I cannot understand this!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: surfergirl ()
Date: February 01, 2004 02:41PM

Hi :)

I read your post and was glad to see another enlightened reader. Although I've not read "Under the Banner of Heaven" I know something about the polygmists in America. I was a 5th generation Mormon. Although my immediate family don't practice polygamy, I have relatives who do. My great grandfather had 2 wives and 25 children! The more people on the outside that know about Fundamental Mormons, and want to help the better.

Please see: [www.helpthechildbrides.com]

surfergirl

Date: February 01, 2004 02:45PM

There are people trying to help, but everyone is welcome. Please see: [www.helpthechildbrides.com]

surfergirl

Date: February 01, 2004 02:54PM

This book has done a good job in alerting people about the fundamental Mormons. Because of the public awareness of people like you, Utah is beginning to help people escape forced polygamy. Please see: [www.helpthechildbrides.com]

surfergirl

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.