UCONN Students-Please read and tell others
Posted by: Terry ()
Date: April 02, 2007 04:24PM

Some of you are being drawn in to a dangerous situation by visiting a small church in WINDSOR, CONN. called PRAISE, POWER and PRAYER TEMPLE on Kennedy Road.

At present, what you are experiencing with this small group is what is called "Love Bombing". Please look up the term on this site or others. It is Step One of luring unsuspecting people into cults and aberrant churches.

You are the second generation of college students to be so lured. I am one of the first generation. There were a lot of us, happy, young people just beginning our lives, looking for meaning, for spouses, for truth. We were intelligent and talented, like you are, with our lives before us.

This space will not allow me to tell the horrors that followed us as we committed our lives to this church. But look around you. Where are those former students and their families now? I will give you the short version: they were psychologically manipulated, drained of self-esteem, accused of heinous sins, robbed of their money and, when they began to smarten up or tried to get away, they were "cast out" as evil-doers.

Most have had extreme emotional problems. Marriages were split apart, children abused. Many are in counseling, many face life-long problems, a number of the children who were brought up there have attempted suicide. Many suffer depression. A good number want nothing to do with God or any church.

Please stay away from these people. DO give your lives to Jesus Christ, but not here. Please get away now while you can.

They want your money, people. They want to add on to that small little building. The "pastor" is a sick and angry, violent man who holds his own wife and children under severe oppression. IT IS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS. THEY are not what they seem. Feel sorry for the two sons at UConn who are urging you to come to the church-but get away!!

No one who has been fodder for their mill wants to see this happen to another generation of young people. THIS IS A CULT!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: UCONN Students-Please read and tell others
Posted by: Heather52884 ()
Date: November 13, 2014 03:52AM

I was sexually abused by one of the "PASTORS" of this so called church PPCS/ PPT

Posted by: Servant Victoria ()
Date: July 22, 2017 01:56PM

My dear Heather, thank you for speaking up... even if only a sentence to say what happened to you. You don't know how that may have helped someone.

My heart breaks over what you experienced. May you find healing.

Prayers and blessings...

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 24, 2017 09:55AM

'Love Bombing" is the accepted term for recruitment aimed at you.

But 'Love Bombing' makes it seem obvious, bringing to mind a
mob of people all running toward you screaming "We love you, we love you
we love you...."

Love Bombing brings to mind something so obvious that we are sure we'd
recognize it immediately and not be taken in.

No. Love bombing is subtle. It resembles courtship. Love bombing it
to Christian love what counterfeit money is to real currency.

Forgers put a huge amount of research and many, many hours of work
into creating bogus currency.

Terry tells us that this church has been recruiting for two generations.

Two generations means years of experience.

Love bombing is better described as blandishment, beguilement, flattery.

And patience.

Love bombing means listening to you in a way you've never felt listened to
before.

An attentive recruiter gets you to spill the beans, and talk, talk, talk about yourself, your hopes and your dreams.

Another angle: Suppose you have a friend or room mate who has fallen into the clutches of a love bomber who is a skilled listener.

That person may tell the recruiter about herself. But that person may also
tell the recruiter about YOU.

If your buddy (who is unaware of this) brings you to a church event, you may
find it magical that someone comes up who seems to understand you perfectly.

It is not the Holy Spirit at work. It means you've been researched. We
reveal so much of ourselves on social media.

The intensity and 'wrap around' friendships offered by outreachers of
predatory churches often leads us to drop friendships that seem
boring or lacking in holiness by comparison.

Fact check everything on Google. And - unless your family and friends
are involved in harmful hurtful activities, God will not disrupt
those relationships.

Anyone or anything that disrupts your existing family and friendships
and that instills discontent with existing churches is very likely
not "good news'.

Posted by: liminal ()
Date: July 25, 2017 11:52PM

A review concerning their Praise Power & Prayer Christian School:

Bad idea to send your kids there. I am a former student, I left when after I finished my 9 grade year. Things may have changed some by now , but I doubt the changes are significant. To understand the school you must understand the church. The church is very unstable, and kicked out alot of people, my dad included, forcing them to confess to "witchcraft" Supposedly God shows certain people these things. "If God told you, it must be true, so I must have done witchcraft". This had a suttle but negative affect on the school. The principal was also the pastor, and he had alot of anger which he took out on the students every morning during chapel, because of misbehavior. He and other teachers were not calm and collected in their disciplining of misbehaved students. I do not recommend PPPCS for anybody. Find another christain school to send your kids to. You will get just as good education at one of those.

[www.greatschools.org]

The pastor/principal is Raymond McMahon. He has a family choir that is used to raise money:

The McMahon family has been singing praise and worship music since Ray and Sally (Dad and Mom) met at the Hartt College of Music in West Hartford, CT, in the 1970s. Today they have 10 children, ranging in age from 14 - 30, who enjoy making a joyful noise together. For 22 years, Ray has served as pastor/principal of Praise, Power, & Prayer Temple & Christian School in Windsor.

[www.windsorcc.org]

In 1980 his company was registered as CHURCH OF THE KING OF KINGS, INCORPORATED. In 1988 he changed the name to POWER AND PRAYER TEMPLE, INC..

(Connecticut company search can be done here: [www.concord-sots.ct.gov] )

Posted by: howgodmadeu ()
Date: June 12, 2018 02:04PM

To whom it may concern:

We are here to help anyone who is fighting the good fight against McArthurism. We have been wanting to help, but wasn't sure how to do it. We have also been affected by McArthurism through our family...they were manipulated into following this cult by being recruited to visit other churches throughout the world. Our immediate family was hurt by our own family because we wanted to help. We decided to take a stand and not let McArthurism take our power away...we want to act, and not be silent any longer. If there is someone who is willing to take a stand with us, we can discuss further what we would like to do.

Imagine
by John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Posted by: artistic68 ()
Date: February 23, 2019 04:53AM

Is there any way to report Mr Aldrich for
Molesting me from ages 13-19. And ronrepiet Ray McMahon for his Verbal
And spiritual abuse , is there a way to even report my aunt??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.