VCC or IBLP - good or bad?
Date: March 28, 2007 11:28PM

I was given your website from a member of HEAL after I contacted them about my concerns. I have also copied my husband's work email address into this email since it is his sister that we are concerned about. Below is my original email to HEAL.

My sister-in-law is involved in a "church" in Tulsa that I just don't feel right about, and I was wondering what information you might have on it.
The name of the church is Victory Christian Center [www.victorytulsa.com]
My sister-in-law has just changed so much since she has been with this group and I just want to make sure that she has not gotten into something bad.

HEAL responded by saying that they did do a search on Victory Christian Center and found it listed on a Cult Watchdog group list of suspected cults. Unfortunately, the
website is no longer available, and they just found the listing by chance.

A few days later I contacted HEAL again with the below email . . .

Thank you so much for your response. I was wondering if you could help me again.

We got the invitation to my sister-in-law's wedding yesterday, and I noticed that the return address was not the one she had given us as the
place she was living.

The return address said . . .

(sister-in-law's name)
RR 1 Box 466
Skiatook, OK

. . . so I googled the address, and it went to this Institute in Basic Life Principles, Eagle Springs Training Center.
(here is the link, or just google the address [iblp.org])

The founder of this Institute of Basic Life Principles is Bill Gothard. Do you have any information on him, IBLP or the Eagle Springs Training Center?
My sister-in-law did tell all of the immediate family that they do not need to get hotel rooms because they can stay at some cabins that someone knows
owns, and I am thinking that these cabins may be at this Eagle Springs Training Center.

If this is a cult, my next question is how do we go about getting her out of it, especially when she trusts these people so much, and her father has
met them and thinks that they are all very nice . . . they might not be able to see beyond the "nice" outside to see what this group is about on the inside.

Again, thank you for any help you can give us,

It was after this second email that HEAL suggest I contact you. Is there any chance that the "changes" we have seen in my sister-in-law are just a coincidence, or do we need to be concerned that she has gotten into a cult like situation? I don't want to be paranoid, or to upset things if my sister's way of thinking is just "different" than what mine is, but I want to know that her thoughts and feelings are her own and not the influence of others, especially if those other people are not a positive influence.

Thank you for any information that you can give me on these organizations.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 20, 2007 09:28PM

I got an email message that there was a reply to this post. If someone tried to post info but it did not work for whatever reason please feel free to contact me directly.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 20, 2007 09:51PM

There are two ways to contact people through this board other than posting on it directly.

1. The private messaging system, which is only available after 10 completed posts

2. email feature on your profile. That is, if you include an email contact through your profile.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.