New Life Fellowship in OK
Posted by: ptdrummajor ()
Date: March 04, 2007 04:43AM

I was a member of this church in OK while I was growing up that taught some pretty intense things that really haunt me still today. Like they taught that if you didn't believe what they were saying, then you "had demons" and if you do anything wrong, then God punishes you by letting something really bad happen to you, and that if you don't believe everything as they said it, then you would burn in hell, and all this other stuff that really bothers me still today... What do I need to do about this? How do I "get over it"? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Dana

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: midwest.momma ()
Date: June 03, 2007 10:20PM

I was really saddened to read your post. Telliing you that you will be punished is a way to control you.

Please know that God/Higher Power does not punish people. Bad things happen for a reason, but not for punishment. An all-knowing, all-loving God/Higher Power knows you are not perfect and you're going to goof up. And it's okay that you goof up. We all do.

Trust your inner feelings/instincts--one of the things that cults do is to destroy a person's inner instincts on knowing themselves and what is right and wrong for them.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 03, 2007 10:26PM

ptdrummajor:

See [www.culteducation.com]

This is a section within the database devoted to recovery from destructive groups and leaders.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

You might find some helpful books on this reading list.

Posted by: abigail1977 ()
Date: June 05, 2007 01:33PM

Im very sorry to hear that you were taught wrong things about God. Seems they left out the power of the cross, grace, mercy, love etc.

A good christian church give you a balanced view of God...these people harmed you.

My best suggestion for you is to join me and my friends at this online support group. I was also taught simialr things in a charasmatic christian cult. Thank God im gone.

[www.christianrecovery.com]

you will find people that can relate to you confusion and are still hanging onto Christ even tho...

abbey

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 05, 2007 08:03PM

Please remember that there is no preaching at this message board.

Don't promote your personal religious beliefs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.