Life Christian Church St.Louis, Mo.
Posted by: contending ()
Date: February 26, 2007 01:51AM

Has anyone ever visited or been involved with Life Christian Church in St. Louis, Mo.? The pastor there is Rick Shelton; my understanding from a mutual friend living there that there was a huge church split, which was blamed on EveryNation trying to take over. However, there are people including my friend, who wonder if this wasn't a convenient excuse to cover what really had happened even before EveryNation came on the scene? According to him/her, there was fraud, misuse of money, lies, firing of innocent people who knew too much, etc.

Does anyone know if this pastor has repented and done so openly and reached out to these hurting and abused sheep? My friend and some others he/she knows are among those who are hurt to the point that they question their salvation. It is a sad thing when a huge position, huge salary, and an unwillingness to be corrected allows a man to be put on a pedestal, especially at the expense of the souls of others.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 01, 2007 05:13AM

I wonder what the results would be if every Christian dedicated all the time that is currently spent on gossip, on prayer instead. Wow, what a concept, "Pray for the fallen man", imagine that!

Posted by: contending ()
Date: March 02, 2007 04:21AM

Yes, blessing, I too wonder how it would be if we all would spend much more time praying for those that have fallen. I would be the first to admit I need to be continually before the Lord asking for forgiveness ;and I certainly do. And I do pray daily for those who have fallen, some by name if I'm certain; I definitely do not think I know everything. God forgive me if it came across that way, but He does tell us to 'test the spirits' and how else do we know other than the fruit?

I do take your advice and pray for all those that have fallen. No man belongs on a pedastal, for the pride of life, lust of the flesh and lust of the eyes can take us all down. BUT, we must remember to pray for the innocent souls who have been cut down because of this type leadership.
These little ones have given their lives to these ministries, God help them to run to Him for strength to continue their walk and relationship wih Him. That is the only point I'm trying to make. It hurts me and those I'm speaking about to know that the church (not necessarily the one mentioned only) but many churches----kill their wounded. Is this the life Jesus exampled? Is this walking in true LOVE? Let's put aside our differences and see that LOVE covers a multitude of sins and only by love can we carry on as one family in Christ.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.