Immanuel fellowships Australia
Posted by: malleeboy ()
Date: January 09, 2007 10:28AM

Does anyone have any information on the Immanuel fellowship, we have some friends who attend one at Nhill, we actually attended a service one day but they did give us some very strange looks?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matilda ()
Date: February 05, 2007 07:46AM

Nhill folks are usually friendlier than Horsham folk but they were probably just curious. Nice people generally. Did you mean to say they gave you a strange look or was it a strange book?

Date: February 05, 2007 10:55AM

Matilda,

I used the name "Immanuel" my friends called the group (most of the family had left the this church about two decades ago and had moved to the AOG) but after several hours of searching the net I came up with www.mcf.net.au (a picture of the Nhill church is at that site) as their website and www.defenceofthefaith.org/BCF2ed.htm as an opposing one.

The strange looks occurred I think because we took communion, if you read the second website and it is accurate, they probably didn't look too well on this.

Wimmera people are great, as you may have guessed by my name I'm from the Mallee, (I usually say Swan Hill but in actual fact I'm from half way between Swan Hill and "Quambie" My mum went to school with John Williamson and my psuedonom is based on one of his songs.)

Date: February 05, 2007 11:43AM

From reading the second website I discovered that they changed their name from Immanuel to Christian Fellowship in 1977.

The other information is that Waverly Christian Fellowship, which is now called City Life, split form these churches in 1970. (This is now the largest church in Melbourne, Victoria around 6-7000 members) Although they have largely adopted AOG doctrine and practices.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.