Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Morningstar International
Posted by: HamrickCE ()
Date: October 05, 2003 10:49PM

I grew up in what today is the "heart" of Morningstar International. I have a quick testimony that really revels the heart of the church. Just because it looks biblical doesn't mean that Matt 7:21 doesn't apply. Reminder, this is just a short version.

After leaving the United States Marine Corps I invested more of my time on the intent to become a contract killer. Killing was the only thing I knew how to do with my background as a rifle expert and my training as a USMC Scout Sniper. My understanding of explosives, weapons, ballistics, camouflage, tactics, etc... gave me what I believed to be an excellent start in what appeared to be my calling.

February 2001 I lost everything. My girl friend, my job as a bouncer, I had no money, I was ready to take my life or other peoples' life. After a week of depression, not showering, sleeping 22 hours a day, and eating one meal, I heard in my mind, "Go see Joyce Meyer". I told myself "No, I don't want to do that" but I kept hearing it. After a while I realized that it was God talking to me. I went to see Joyce Meyer February 22, 2001. Consequently, I was filled with the peace and joy that only God can give. I went from depression to just feeling great instantly.

Since that night I have operated in the prophetic calling that God gave me. I got plugged into Bethel World Outreach Center, Nashville, TN to learn more about what God had placed inside of me. There was a lot of hurts that I needed God to heal that I knew I couldn't get in the bottom of a bottle. I started to study the word of God on my own and attend every service that Bethel had to offer.

I always had dreams during my life and knew God was behind them all. I would see something happen before it ever took place. I knew certain things about people that I could have never known separate from God. However, I found myself backing up the knowledge I was given with some sort of scientific reasoning. Even as I got out of the Marine Corps I prayed, I knew I had a calling on my life but had no idea what that was or how to step into it.

May 23, 2001 God spoke to me in a parking lot and told me that Lyndie Hughes was my wife. Testing this, I ran this prophecy by my pastors and friends. The pastors told me that it wasn't the season so I should lay it down. Respecting their authority, I did as they asked. Then, on June 6, God spoke to me and said, "Lyndie is at Bellevue Mall, go and talk to her." So, testing this and out of obedience to God, I went. I was lead by the spirit to Bellevue Mall, and further to the exact store where she worked. I now knew without a doubt that Lyndie was my wife. Lyndie, on the other hand had a different opinion.

One night at Bethel I saw Lyndie and told her that I felt like God was getting ready to move me out of Bethel. This prophecy came to pass on June 7, when a pastor from Bethel told me that he felt that it would be best that I found another place to worship. At this point I left Bethel. I started to minister more to my old friends, and only Greg Parks received what I had to say. Greg began to tune his ear to God and allow him to direct his steps. God placed it on Greg's heart to begin a bible study. So, the bible study began and I was lead to teach at it for a time until God moves me somewhere else.

As the Bible Study began to grow we were lead to Lipscomb University and began to minister to people there. God moved in many ways, bringing some to repentance, filling them with the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and even instantly healing others. After 2 months of doing God's work at Lipscomb, I found out that Lyndie was a student there. I talked to her as she continued to tell me that she was not my wife.

I made further attempts to talk to the pastors at Bethel but no reconciliation was available, the same answer remained, "We love you but stay away from Bethel, U-Church, and Lyndie!"

On November 25 Lyndie called me and told me that God showed her in a couple of dreams I was her husband. From that point we made plans and got married on December 14th. Since that time I continue to go where God calls me to be and I continue to teach with the prophetic ministry that God has given to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gail ()
Date: October 06, 2003 06:38AM

Yea? Well, according to David Berkowitz God talked to him, too!

Date: October 07, 2003 01:45AM

I suppose God can talk to any nut. After all God told the pastors of Bethel they Lyndie was not my wife. They told her the same thing repeatedly. I must have been the only nut. But when a woman calls you up and says that God showed her 3 dreams where God showed her I was her husband and she is willing in faith to get married... Not too many people are willing to do what they believe in.

As I also stated before, that is the short version. The information posted isn't up for arguement. You can't argue the truth. There are many other testimonies about that "body" of churches that show it to be less than "christ like". I'm sure those people post their expirences for you to gain some knowledge not for a smart comment.

Christopher Hamrick

Posted by: VTHokie ()
Date: October 07, 2003 02:22AM

I thought his dog talked to him.

Posted by: ginger38 ()
Date: October 07, 2003 05:09AM

MorningStar International

You know, I have only one problem with Rice Brookes. I have no idea if he is religious. I heard him preached a few times over the past 20 years everytime he comes to visit. I could care less for it, because you won't grow up in his preaching anyway. The only problem I had with him, He KNOWS the abuse thats going on. A few people have already told him regarding Phil's church instead Rice BRookes excuse is "Oh he (phil Bonasso) just runs it differently. He could care less about how destructive Phil is the way he runs his church.

Posted by: Gail ()
Date: October 07, 2003 11:53PM

John Carr's black lab talked to David, delivering a message from Carr (who thought he was God). That was a claim in his insanity defense, anyway. Ol' Dave hated Carr and wanted him dead; so why didn’t he just kill him. Was he more afraid of the mind-control cult than he was of going to prison?

Sorry . . . wrong converse for this forum.

Date: October 08, 2003 07:37AM

Hamrick,

Quite frankly, I don't doubt that God spoke to you regarding your wife. When you submit that to the leadership is the right thing to do, but its the way it was pursued I had problem with.
Bible said this He is the author and the finisher of our faith, well God did initiate ( God told you who your wife going to be ) You have to let Him finished it. (when your wife had 3 dream about you , that you will be the husband. ) A lot of times when God told us to do something, we would immediately do things our own way. Bible said, Trust in The Lord and LEAN NOT UNTO YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING. in other words, don't try to figure things out your way. Example Jacob is the one whom God has calling upon his life, but its way he does it. Deceiving his brother and father to get his blessings. instead of letting God bring it to him on a silver platter. Like David did . Because of what Jacob did, He reap what he sows, Laban cheated him regarding which sister he would marry and cheated him a hundred times in business and yet Jacob finally learned to trust God. Even when he was cheated. But I am glad that the God brought Lyndie to you, your wife. Like He will always does , and He always give it to us on a silver platter. without our effort. Just trust Him next time. I am pretty sure that God have a calling in your life and you will learn and able to lean more on Him, God Bless !

Date: October 08, 2003 08:13AM

I grew up in Bethel since I was about 10, it was the only church that actually had something going on in Nashville. Rice Brooks would come and preach back then. I don't remember much that went on back then, serving God was really the last thing on my mind at that age. However, my mother said the same thing about Rice.

Now that rice has become the Senior Pastor with his "Apostolic" calling (which I do believe he is called to do) everything became different. No he isn't religous from a legalistic point of view, just controlling in a sort of Anti-Christ way. He looks awesome on the outside but inside, very deceptive.

All this is hard to explain typing it out.

I know the Lord was with me during the 16 weeks I was there showing me the hearts people who say they care but they really don't. Telling me that I had an awesome calling but not really believing it themselves. Taking my $150 dollars for a conference in California, asking me to leave the church and not refunding my money. Telling me I was no longer a part of their "family" and not to attend the conference.

As for David Berkowitz I understand that man to be repented and forgiven of his sins. So I know now perhaps he is hearing the voice of God.

Date: October 09, 2003 01:01AM

Ginger,

You misunderstood how I persued the word I recieved from God. I did what anyone would do, test it. Obvously the first person I would talk to about this was my pastors... in which they were not supportive. Talking to my wife they had another man for her lined up that wasn't myself. They like to control stuff like that I understand from reading testimonies of people who were members. When my pastor told me it wasn't the season to leave it at the alter I was willing to do just that. However something didn't feel right and talking to my mother about the deal she asked me if God told me to do something that was against what a pastor said would I. "Of course" was the answer.

After talking to Lyndie finally gave them a reason to ask me to leave because of how rebellous I was. Now the faith part... I didn't persue her after this point. I taught at a bible study and people that we were meeting and getting saved and healed just so happened to be friends with her.

It was my, or God's, word against the pastors word. The only way to know who was hearing from God was the outcome. As I said before, that testimony is the short version. There is so much more to the story than I was about to type without boring people. I have a long version that I wrote when I was in Jordan that I would be happy to send to anyone who wants it. So they don't feel like with the limited knowledge given to them they have to pick it apart and quote scripture.

Hamrick

Date: October 09, 2003 01:31AM

Hamrick,

its amazing that you mentioned regarding the $150.00, we had the same problems. A friend of mine from Washington send $200 to a missjionary tot he Philippines, and it never reached them. The man called them up several times for 2 months, they kept saying that they have already sent it . But you know, the missionary never received it. Finally they(missnionaries) just let it go. It was not the first time, it happened a few times. We found out that if your name is not on the mission list ( people who give 12%-13% administrative fees) then they(morningstar) will keep the money.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean regarding Rice. He has a charisma , You can WIN people through Charisma but you can never DENY anointing, Thats what Rice Brookes never has. He never have any anointing just charisma.
He has the charisma. 2 cor 12:12 (read this) A SIGN OF A TRUE APOSTLE were perfomed among you with signs , wonders and miracles .... If he is truly an apostle then he should have those but he did not. So I don't believe he is an apostle.

Yes, and I did misunderstood, sorry about that.

I have one question though, I have a friend who goes to Bethel and told me when the original pastor step down and gave the church to Rice, the church grew, while I have another friend told me that when the original pastor step down, 1,000 people left because they don't like Rice. Which is true ?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.