Please do not stereotype
Posted by: jamacro ()
Date: November 15, 2006 09:26AM

I think it's sad that people judge others because of something bad someone else has done to them. I have heard a lot of sad stories and a lot of people that were suppossed to be Christians don't always act like Christians. Just because one person or even a few people who say they are Christians act like jerks doesn't mean all Christians are bad people. People on this website are saying they don't like being judged. I don't either. I think respect is earned and not demanded. I was always taught to think for myself and to search the bible for answers. In other words I am not a brainwashed robot and I do think for myself. I wish that everyone would just get to know people first before assuming that they are jerks because of the type of church they go to or what they believe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Please do not stereotype
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 15, 2006 11:28AM

What group, church or leader are you referring to?

Please do not stereotype
Posted by: wizeone ()
Date: December 07, 2006 05:41AM

huh

Let me tell you about spiritual abuse and the effect its had on my life. The most accurate comparison I can find is "spiritual rape". I've been out of that church for about 10 months now, and it still impacts on my life.

Do I put all christians in the same box, heck no. However I deserve to have space where I can heal without someone who knows nothing about my situation preaching at me.

Not that I would wish my journey on anyone, even my worst enemy, however come back when you've developed some more indepth understanding about the profound impact spiritual abuse has on peoples lives.

Especially when its done by people claiming to be christians

Please do not stereotype
Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: December 09, 2006 03:22AM

I agree with wizeone. My wife and I were in an abusive group, the Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas (there is another thread about them on this message board). Part of the process of our healing has been us speaking out about what happened to us--my wife even wrote a book about it, [i:84b6715829]I Can't Hear God Anymore" Life in a Dallas Cult[/i:84b6715829]. It has a kind of chilling effect on people who need to talk about their experiences for someone to come along and say things like jamacro is saying.

Please do not stereotype
Posted by: wizeone ()
Date: January 08, 2007 02:27PM

I cant paint every one in my former church with the same brush. It would make recovery so much easier if I could.

I believe the sign of a healthy leadcership, is a leader who can tolerate a differing point of view and not be threatened by it. People need to be able to talk through their stuff without having to be guilted for feeling bad about ranting about their bad treatement

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.