"How specifically is theophostic not in line with the Bible?"
Posted by: wheels ()
Date: April 14, 2009 10:13AM

I am in seminary and I do not purposely engage in any "church" activity or teaching that does not line up with the Bible in at least several places. I was asking the question, "How specifically is theophostic not in line with the Bible?" because I have received healing by theophostic prayer at a place here in Houston, Serenity Retreat. I have found that Serenity is Biblically sound. The woman who started the place goes above and beyond in making sure that this is the case.

Like in any church denomination or group, just one nut-job can foul up the waters. I am wondering if that is what has happened with theophostic prayer in some places around the country, or if there is evidence that the theophostic technique is unsound itself. I'm not alarmed about what's-his-name getting money from selling his books on theophostic prayer. The sermons/Bible studies I want to download off of the Internet from people like Chuck Swindol, Beth Moore, Tony Evans, etc..., usually cost something---they aren't free, but that doesn't send reg flags up about them.

I do know that many people have been delivered from satanic cults by the Lord through theophostic prayer, and it is rumored that these cults have retaliated by spreading false claims about theophostic. I'm trying to weed through the false claims and the true ones. I am on the quest for the truth, so any specific and concrete evidence that theophostic itself does not line up with the Bible is appreciated.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2009 08:15PM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "How specifically is theophostic not in line with the Bible?"
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: April 18, 2009 11:23AM

Sir, I keep going back to this thought
"When people create terms, phrases and paradigms, then get they fixated on that activity. They then put God into there newly created Paradigm, They put God in a BOX. They create terms and paradigms that the Bible does not address....approach with caution."

Most likely it is someone who is mixing in a new and different teaching, that's why it is NOT mentioned or taught in the bible.

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them-bringing swift destruction on themselves.
Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping. 2 Peter 2:1-3

Stick to the Word of God.
Know why you believe in Christ and Know that you can trust him. Know how to Defend what you believe and why.

If you have put your faith in Christ buy Asking him to forgive you of your sins.

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: April 18, 2009 01:39PM

Christian Research Institute did a two part article on TPM back in 2006. Part One was largely positive, Part Two outlined problems. I've only been able to locate Part One online, but CRI could likely provide you with this information, wheels. CRI seeks to be balanced, and the first articles reveals that the writer actually went to observe TPM as practiced/applied by its originator and interviewed him extensively. It's probably the most balanced and thorough article you'll find "out there."

wheels
I am in seminary and I do not purposely engage in any "church" activity or teaching that does not line up with the Bible in at least several places. I was asking the question, "How specifically is theophostic not in line with the Bible?" because I have received healing by theophostic prayer at a place here in Houston, Serenity Retreat. I have found that Serenity is Biblically sound. The woman who started the place goes above and beyond in making sure that this is the case.

Like in any church denomination or group, just one nut-job can foul up the waters. I am wondering if that is what has happened with theophostic prayer in some places around the country, or if there is evidence that the theophostic technique is unsound itself. I'm not alarmed about what's-his-name getting money from selling his books on theophostic prayer. The sermons/Bible studies I want to download off of the Internet from people like Chuck Swindol, Beth Moore, Tony Evans, etc..., usually cost something---they aren't free, but that doesn't send reg flags up about them.

I do know that many people have been delivered from satanic cults by the Lord through theophostic prayer, and it is rumored that these cults have retaliated by spreading false claims about theophostic. I'm trying to weed through the false claims and the true ones. I am on the quest for the truth, so any specific and concrete evidence that theophostic itself does not line up with the Bible is appreciated.

Thanks

Posted by: wendyjduncan ()
Date: August 02, 2021 03:55AM

Anyone else participated in this retreat or in Transformation Prayer Ministry?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.