The Satanic Temple
Posted by: zukie ()
Date: February 19, 2016 02:55PM

The Satanic Temple, co-founded by Malcolm Jarry (NYC) and Lucien Greaves (Boston), was officially registered as a religious organization in February 2014 with the State of Massachusetts as United Federation of Churches, LLC d/b/a The Satanic Temple. 

Since that time, The Satanic Temple has opened chapters in 3 countries and 21 states with at least 30 domestic chapters most of which have sprung up in the last year. Members change their names when they join. By way of example, Lucien Greaves has several aliases

Proclaiming they do not believe in any gods, including Satan, who they acknowledge as a symbol of rebellion.

At the same time, they follow the Sabbat Cycles, conduct Black Masses and other rituals praising Satan, and engage in carnal activities as an acknowledgement of the carnal nature of man.

Symbolology used in their organization includes pentagrams, statues of serpents and Baphomet.

I began researching this oeganization when they successfully shut down a 65-year tradition of invocation at the City of Phoenix Council meetings.

The organization has challenged other city/state governments/schools.  Their activism and expansion is so broad that I decided to create a Facebook page. New posts are added almost daily.

The Facebook page dispenses with personal opinion/dissertation.  It is a repository of articles, interviews, videis, chapter information and includes supporting links to the information.

The Facebook page can be found at [www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Satanic Temple
Posted by: SoulSearcher ()
Date: October 08, 2016 12:32PM

My understanding of this group is that they are just trying to stop the fundamentalists from taking over. As the original poster noted, they have nothing to do with Satan. I do think the name of the group is extremely unfortunate, but the purpose is the separation of church and state, which is a worthwhile goal.

Posted by: SoulSearcher ()
Date: October 23, 2016 12:52PM

<<My understanding of this group is that they are just trying to stop the fundamentalists from taking over. As the original poster noted, they have nothing to do with Satan. I do think the name of the group is extremely unfortunate, but the purpose is the separation of church and state, which is a worthwhile goal.>>

I should add to my posting that I have no personal knowledge of this group--somebody I met on Facebook claims to know a female founder of the group and says this woman doesn't believe there is such a thing as the embodiment of evil and the group was named as a "joke" in their mission to promote 1st Amendment rights

My own personal opinion is that anybody who denies the existence of evil is blind or disingenuous.

Posted by: howgodmadeu ()
Date: June 12, 2018 02:13PM

To whom it may concern:

We are here to help anyone who is fighting the good fight against McArthurism. We have been wanting to help, but wasn't sure how to do it. We have also been affected by McArthurism through our family...they were manipulated into following this cult by being recruited to visit other churches throughout the world. Our immediate family was hurt by our own family because we wanted to help. We decided to take a stand and not let McArthurism take our power away...we want to act, and not be silent any longer. If there is someone who is willing to take a stand with us, we can discuss further what we would like to do.

Imagine
by John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.