Rodney Howard Browne Revival....Flakey?
Posted by: milkandhoney ()
Date: April 03, 2006 04:45AM

Hello My name is laura I am new here I hope I am posting this in the right place...I was wondering if Rodney Howard Browne is a flake?I dated someone that lives in flroda went to his Bible collage and goes to church there he has been apart of the church for quite awhile he has said and done some weird stuff...He was a little odd while he was here in Idaho but nothing to weird,now since he is back home he has been really odd and not the person I know very mean...I am pregnant with his child so thats why I am wanting info on there belifes,and that stuff I am quite concerend with the stuff he has said concering our situation and stuff he said before he went back to his flock as he said.. I have looked up alot info on RHB it seems weird but I dont want to judge or try not to judge just yet..... :? :? :?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: April 04, 2006 07:12AM

Well, in my educated opinion, R Howard-Browne is not necessarily a fake, but indeed to me he is a [b:b441b03a71]flake[/b:b441b03a71], and quite a deceptive and harmful person. I have watched several videos of his services that were held at Kenneth Copeland's center, and at somewhere else, I can't remember.

The 'spirit' that comes over him and the people that he ministers to I believe is an influence from Africa, as several of the characteristics of his actions mimic those of African witchdoctors. Please believe me, I have watched the videos several times. :roll:

In the videos, RHB laughs at just about everything, and says crazy un-worshipful stuff - like [i:b441b03a71]"Let that bubble outchya belly!''[/i:b441b03a71] . I don't believe actions like that bring glory to God. I believe they are mocking God, and pullng the wool over all the follower's eyes. :cry:

The healings he claims to have happened cannot be documented. :?

Before I saw the videos and researched RHB and his influence on the [b:b441b03a71]Toronto Blessing [/b:b441b03a71]movement, I was an advocate of that movement and it's associated organisations. After being at a conference held by [i:b441b03a71]Catch the Fire[/i:b441b03a71], a part of [i:b441b03a71]Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship[/i:b441b03a71], studying RHB, and being involved in a cult-like mission group, I am trying to get as far away from the TB movement as I can. :shock:

My two cents, for what it is worth, is to [b:b441b03a71]stay away[/b:b441b03a71] from any group that has been influcenced by RHB. The spirit he operates under is not a good spirit. :twisted:

Posted by: contending ()
Date: February 23, 2007 03:55AM

This is for Laura --Please let me know if you get this. I have been in a situation where I saw behind the scenes some of the 'stuff' that goes on at Rodney's meetings, with his money, etc. It is sickening. Please run as fast as you can from him and those that follow him. The bible warns us to judge the fruit of someone's life..or ministry...even the apostles did that. There is much bad fruit in his ministry, many destructive teachings, deceptions, misuse of funds...and worse of all, yes, much of his 'anointing' is based on voodoo or satanic spiritual conjured music and tactics. It is a very scary place to be, I myself was almost enticed, but the Lord delivered me in time, esp. after I saw with my own eyes what really happens. He is a false prophet and false teacher that was reserved for these times as it says in Timothy 2.

Now as far as your child is concerned, my heart breaks for you. Your message is almost a year old, so I assume your baby has been born. How are you doing? Did you keep he/she?? Is the father helping you finacially in any way at all? I know this is none of my business, and you don't have to answer, but please know that these things should be happening, and yes, according to the word of God. Please know that I would love to help you if I could, if only to lend an ear. I long to keep anyone else from falling into his 'trap'. Realize more than anything that the Lord wants us to DISCERN ... which means to judge these ministries, teachings, and see if they line up with His word. RHB does not in any way. I used to be afraid to say a bad word about anyone who said he or she was called of the Lord, but these are dangerous days and the Lord DID tell us to 'contend for the faith...the truth'. Please know I will pray for you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.