Larry Helong is a false prophet
Posted by: renworb ()
Date: August 25, 2013 05:10AM

I could write a book detailing all the traumatic and horrific incidents my family and I experienced during the four years I was a member of Larry Herlong's cult. He also had a couple directly under him; Matt Swogger and his wife Leah Swogger. This is a very small, so-called Christian "Bible-based ministry" in Southern Cal. I am out of it now, thank God, but want to post this to warn people about how much harm they caused. Extremely manipulative and self-serving and would distort scripture and use verses out of context for their own self-serving purposes. They are all the very definition of "wolves in sheep's clothing".
Larry claimed to be a prophet whose every word came directly from God. He said many times: "You can tell if a prophet is the real thing, if the things he says come to pass". Well, then one can also concude that if NOTHING[u[/u]he says comes to pass (and years later still hasn't) he must NOT be the real thing! Simple logic. They would never take any responsibility or be accountable in any way when their ridiculous "prophecies" didn't materialize. They would just heap piles of blame on me/us and say its my lack of faith or doubt and unbelief, or would say "well I never said when!"
Larry and the Swoggers are very dangerous and destructive so BUYER BEWARE! Don't fall for the fake love they pretend to shower you with at first. (all this is very typical cult behavior, by the way). My eyes were finally opened when we spoke about this with some genuine men and women of God at our local church, who were shocked to hear that people who were so spiritually abusive could even call themselves Christians! Whenever I questionned or expressed doubts about what they were telling us in any way whatsoever, they would tell me that's just the devil lying to you because you're about to have a major breakthrough or receive a huge blessing! Or, would make some fear-mongering threat about what God would do to me if I didn't stop (questioning). I realize now that's another typical cult technique to control.
If anyone out there is involved with him/them, or thinking about becoming involved, and yet you hear that small voice inside telling you that something just doesn't seem right....LISTEN TO IT!!. I wish I had, I could've saved myself and family much anguish and torment, not to mention extreme financial lo$$! Thank you for taking the time to read this and it is my sincere hope and prayer that this post will spare someone(s) what we went through and are still dealing with emotionally and financially.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Larry Helong is a false prophet
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: October 25, 2015 02:06PM

Wow dude, it seems to me that all the cultists go to the same cultists training center, because all of that is right out of the cult leader's handbook.

By the way, I am no apostle, I made up that name mockingly, I am going to talk with Mr. Ross about changing that name and maybe put in my own name instead. But I just wanted to comment that you are doing the right thing to start this thread, and I hope that you are successful in helping others. I congratulate you for getting out of that cult and for having the guts to speak up.

Re: Larry Helong is a false prophet
Posted by: renworb ()
Date: January 03, 2016 05:34AM

Thanks Apostle Dog, for your kind words. You are absolutely correct in what you say about the cult leaders handbook.I wish I had read that book sooner and I would have seen right through all their manipulative garbage!! All I can do now is use my past stupidity and misfortune to warn others.Take care!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.