Wayman Mitchell Influences My Former Church
Posted by: A Truth Seeker ()
Date: June 21, 2006 04:48AM

I spoke with "Jane Doe" today about the current news at Lighthouse.

The pastor who left is John Schmidt, who started the affiliate church in Hesperia, California about 15 years ago. His wife had been very ill with cancer for many years and had passed away in late 2005, leaving behind John and two children.

According to Jane, the standard practice of the Mitchell cult is that if a pastor's wife dies, the pastor must relinquish the church to another Mitchellite. And therin lies the problem, John did not agree with that practice.

So in time, pressure was put onto John by the thugs of Mitchell and Rob Scribner to resign from the church, even though John had done nothing wrong or sinful to have him remove from the pastorate.

John finally resigned from the church a week ago Sunday. He was then pressured to return to the Lighthouse Santa Monica, but John has refused to be manipulated anymore by Scribner and Mitchell's cult group, and John decided to no longer associate with them anymore.

Good for John.

I hope every member in the Lighthouse network of churches realizes that what has transpired is because of the evil and hurtful actions of Scribner and Mitchell.

"Jane Doe" will keep me updated, and I will post more information.

A Truth Seeker

Posted by: nitedork ()
Date: June 21, 2006 01:27PM

i did a little digging. rob scribner preached at john's church this past sunday. he is filling in until the replacement comes.

there were maybe 10-15 people at church. over 60 left.

backpedal a week earlier, rob scribner told john's congregation that he was absolutely as surprised as they were that john resigned that morning. i think after it leaked out that rob was part of the group that threw john out it was just too much for the 60 people to stomach.

john's x-best friend billy neil is supposed to take over the church. instead of doing what is honorable and saying "no thank you, that belongs to another man", he coveted the nice building and instant congregation. well.....nice building at least. the congregation has left.

rob has this wonderful unexplainable knack. everytime he pulls out his gun to shoot somebody, two bullets come out. one hits the target, and the other hits his own foot. this time i count 3 bullets - one for bill neil. he's a fellowship drone with 8 kids, no money and $400,000 of debt. he borrowed all the equity from his salt lake city house over the past few years to survive.

now this is the guy i'd surely put in charge of a thriving 10 person congregation. give it 6 more months. he'll be twisting in the wind.

truth - whacha got buddy?

Date: June 22, 2006 01:09AM

Wow, thank you for filling us in what happen this past weekend.

If you have anymore information, please post it here. I would like to know more about Bill Neil. Can you fill me in?

I am going to be out of town for a while. I will check this board from time to time. "Jane Doe" promised to call me if she had any thing new, and if I can, I will post it.

Truth Seeker

Posted by: naboth675 ()
Date: July 02, 2006 10:15PM

As the Door has been mentioned here and a couple of fellowshippers in that organisation have defended this organisation I would like to make a few points about the door's head church {or mother church} led by a pastor Harold Warner. Firstly Warner has fallen out with one of his pastors {Ken Haining} whom Wraner lied to and shunted out of the fellowship before this organisation succeeded in splitting the man's church.
Secondly, Warner took a $30,000 conference offering to launch a couple into Paris, France. He made many claims of the costs involved to the shock of the couple standing behind him on stage who knew that the company the man worked for {Coca Cola} were paying for the move. Warner made it clear to them that he thought this way of raising money was acceptable. He was exposed when Coca Cola changed their minds and the couple stayed. The congreagtion wanted to know why after a $30,000 offering was taken were this couple not going to France and what had Warner done with all the money.
Thirdly, approximately one third of that congregation has left over that and other violations, many of them now attending a Baptist church in Tucson. Wraner remains in charge of the church and his leader Mitchell will not do a thing about it.
Forthly, when a ministers wife is involved in adultery that is considered grounds for removing a man from ministry. After the well publicised fall of Warners wife, the Tuscon pastor remained in charge of the church. Less powerful men are not so lucky.
These are all facts. I have a copy of the letter Pastor Lee Stubbs sent to Warner and his claims of what went on. Furthermore I am in regular contact with former pastor Ken Haining. This doesn't make a scrap of difference to men like Mitchell. He just dismisses any critic of his organisation as 'psycho's' and 'Human waste'.

For those of you still laboring under the delusion that Mitchell is actually accountable to anyone please check the names of the original council of leaders whom Mitchell personally hand picked. Every single one with the exception of Warner has left the fellowship and even Harold is no longer on the board. That should tell you just how accountable men like Mitchell really are. I wasted 10 years of my life in this organisation. I'm hoping that what I say here might spare someone a few years of theirs.

Take my advice. Leave the Door and find a church with a proper system of accountability. To this day, nobody knows where that $30,000 went.

Posted by: ConcernedMom ()
Date: July 14, 2006 05:19PM

Does any former member or anyone else have any suggestions on how to get my 18 year old daughter to open her eyes and see that she is being lied to and manipulated? She goes to a Potter's House church and panics if she can't attend every available activity. She has shunned school and won't even consider dating anyone who isn't a longstanding member of "the church".

She sees some of the lies but when anyone tries to pin her down she starts yelling and getting really upset, especially if you show her the truth in the Bible. How do we get through to her?

Thanks.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 14, 2006 07:28PM

See [www.culteducation.com]

Note "Coping Strategies" and "Intervention."

There is also a DVD that explains this.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Date: July 24, 2006 08:41AM

WOW! Over 6000 page views!

Who is reading this board?

Rob Scribner?
Harrison Sommer?

You think nobody reads this do you "Pastor Rob"? People are reading this - people in your church! They know that Mitchell's fellowship is no different than Hamas or Hezbollah. You are supporting spiritual terrorists who misuse the Bible for their own personal gain and who uses fear and manipulation to make people submit to their demands.

You are just like Mitchell.

You will reap what you have sown.

Date: August 03, 2006 09:30AM

One of the pastors at The Lighthouse Church is Harrison Sommer. He is not a full time pastor at the church, he is a personal injury attorney who is a partner of Burgland, Johnson and Sommer in the San Fernando Valley. Sommer is like Ed McMahan, he introduces Scribner before he preaches. It always was kind of weird that he would do this when you have the same people at almost every service. DUHHHHH, we know who this guy is, are we all senile or retards? I think it Scribner has Sommer do this because his massive ego needs constant stroking.

Anyways, I found Sommer's company's website. You can read his bio if you click on his name. It's humorus that he doesn't mention anything about the "greatest fellowship in the whole wide world" that he is apart of. And why doesn't he address the church as The Lighthouse Church? Maybe Sommer has something to hide?

[www.18004ifhurt.com]

More of my thoughts later.

Date: August 13, 2006 08:23AM

I had a great conversation today with Jane Doe.

She explained to me the Scribner doctrine of "spiritual adultery". Until today, I had never heard of this term.

Spiritual adultery is when you leave the Lighthouse and go to another church. You become an adulterer. Jane told me that Scribner uses this doctrine to scare people into staying in the church. He does this behind the pulpit and in his office. He would threaten people that God would cut off his blessing and that they were married to the church and you could never divorce yourself from the church because God had put you in the Lighthouse.

I asked Jane, where in the bible did Scribner come up with this doctrine? She just laughed. It did not come from the bible. She said he got it from Mitchell to manipulate the people who were thinking of leaving the church back when they had a split about 4 or 5 years ago. She says he still believes in the doctrine but is more sly how he presents it.

The moral of the story is this: don't think Scribner has a mind of his own, he needs Wayman Mitchell to tell him what to do and say, therefore you can't trust a single word he says.

Date: August 17, 2006 02:59AM

Just visited the Lighthouse's web site today. They are having revival this week with Fred Rubi. I heard that Rubi was Wayman Mitchell's assitant pastor in Prescott for a couple of years. He is now a traveling evangelist for Mitchell.

Scribner just can't get enough of Mitchell.

[www.lighthousechurch.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.