Current Page: 13 of 23
Wayman Mitchell Influences My Former Church
Posted by: confuzed1 ()
Date: November 08, 2006 12:30PM

Well, you keep saying that you are getting information from a "Jane Doe" so I assumed that it was all hearsay. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experiences there. I don't know what to say other than it may be easier to forgive and pray for those who have hurt you and then let God deal with them in His time. I've done that on numerous occasions at various churches and trust me, God does deal with them in a manner that suits Him. "Your ways are not My ways saith the Lord," Isaiah 55:
I would still attempt to speak to the pastor of the LH and get clarification on what has transpired there.
God bless you all.
A Truth Seeker
There have been other posters to this site such as Free Agent, Nightdork and others who have validated the same experiences at the Lighthouse.
It is not hearsay. As for speaking with Scribner, I was about to do that, but I got advice from other Foursquare pastors and they told me just forget it. He is stuck on Wayman Mitchell.

confuzed1
Not at all Truth Seeker...If they committed sexual immorality, then they should have been removed.
But are you implying that the pastor there has done something of this nature?
It seems that all of your 'truth' is hearsay evidence. "Jane Doe" said this or that...or a third party said this or that...
Doesn't sound like 'truth' to me Truth Seeker...
How about you come to the church and speak to the man yourself and get to the 'truth' of the matter?

A Truth Seeker
If you take the idea of the pastor being like King Saul or King David, and that their authority or actions cannot be question, then one condones attempted murder, murder and adultery with any consequence or removal from their position. Does that now mean that Ted Haggard, Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart and all the other immoral pastors should have never been removed from their position of ministry, because they were anointed by God for that position? I think that is totatlly absurd!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 08, 2006 12:44PM

Truth Seeker, don't you know that there are 3 doctors, 7 nurses and many other health professionals and dentists (Africa Medical Missions Ministry - look at their website: [www.lighthousechurch.com] ) and they have been present at these events and can testify to the validity of these miracles. We are educated individuals who just happen to have a life changing experience with the God of the Universe and believe what the Foursqare denomination believes, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever" Hebrews 13:8
The same Jesus who healed in the New Testament is the same Jesus who said, "He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. [b:b0b6613a32]And these signs will accompany those who believe[/b:b0b6613a32]: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; [b:b0b6613a32]they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.[/b:b0b6613a32]"

After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. [b:b0b6613a32]Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it." [/b:b0b6613a32]
I think that the real matter here is not the Lighthouse Church my friend...I think it is a matter of 'do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Virgin born, prophesied Messiah, Son of God, Savior of the world'? Because if you do, it shouldn't be a problem to believe that He is still doing the same thing He was doing 2000 years ago, only this time He is working through His disciples (believers in Jesus Christ) and people are still getting healed through His name and lives are being changed for eternity. Come on Truth Seeker, read the Bible...the Truth is in there...
Check out all these verses about Jesus healing people: [www.biblegateway.com] (oh, just to reiterate, the PEOPLE brought the sick to Jesus).
Take care.

A Truth Seeker
It is not that I don't believe in divine healing, it is that so much of what is done in these "crusades" is subjective and questionable. Why not have doctors there to verify the illnesses and the healings at these crusades. It would squelch the claims of emotionalism and manipulation, don't you think?

confuzed1
I agree with you about going to the hospitals and healing them...but truth be told, in the new testament (and old for that matter) when people sought a miracle they usually came to the Man of God to seek it out.
Many came to Jesus and asked Him to heal them...Crippled man, Blind man, others...
I met the woman who was at the healing crusade and she testified about her healing at church one Sunday...she even stated that her doctor was shocked to see her xrays because she was completely healed.
Also, prior to visiting the lighthouse, I attended many other churches of different denominations...I've seen other miracles too.
My dad was healed of cancer just by a prayer and faith. The doctors couldn't explain it. Two xrays, one with disease a month prior and another after prayer a month later clear as a summer day.
How can you explain that?
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument" -
You can argue all you want, but I've seen God heal people not just at the hands of Pastor Mitchell but at the hands of many other Pastors, laypeople and ordinary Christians like me...

A Truth Seeker
confuzed1
A Truth Seeker
I ran into very nice Lighthouse person the other day, she doesn't believe in the shunning doctrine that they preach there - ha ha ha ha! Anyways she said that the Wayman Mitchell video they put on the web site recently has made a few people in the church upset. Quite a few people there don't like the guy. Mitchell really sets off the women, he is chauvenistic and very derrogatory when he speaks about them in general. I have been reading the other web sites about Mitchell and have learn he can very nasty from the pulpit. He believes there is some sort of spiritual conspiracy by the female race that intends to bring down pastors through adulterous liasons intentionally setup by these women. This conspiracy is worldwide and threatens his global church empire, so he is constantly pining about these so-called pastor killers. Obviously this lunatic dogma is consumed by the faithful as gospel truth and then revomitted on innocent victims.

So if you want to see the boring video of Mitchell here you go:
[www.lighthousechurch.com]

Hey Truth Seeker,
I saw that 'boring' video and it was actually quite interesting...
It looks like this guy Mitchell REALLY heals people! Amazing...
But its all done in the name of Jesus Christ...
Do you know of any other religions or religious leaders who are healing people like that in the name of their god(s) or leaders? Imams healing in the name of allah? Buddists healing in the name of buddha? Help me out here because I see bonafide miracles happening here and I'm getting a bit confused about all that is being written...

There were no doctors there to verify before or after these claimed healings. Sorry to be so pessimistic, there is no accountability here to these claims.

Have you ever thought of this: If Mitchell is such a great healer, why isn't he visiting every hospital in America healing these people from their afflicitions? Why isn't he using this supposed healing gift to it's fullest extent? Why does he need to have healing crusades? Does he healing gift only work in tents or church buildings?

If Mitchell has a real healing gift, then he should welcome to have a group of doctors with him to verify the affliction and verify the healing. This would lend credibility to the claims and prove that he has a healing gift. All this is suspect.
[]

Posted by: A Truth Seeker ()
Date: November 08, 2006 02:56PM

Hamas and Hebollah believe that they are doing God's justice by hurting and killing people in the name of God. The Lighthouse pastors believe that they have the power to bring God's justice down on to people. Case in point, read Free Agent's last point what happen to Pastor Schmidt.

confuzed1
"Mitchell's fellowship is no different than Hamas or Hezbollah. You are supporting spiritual terrorists"
Now Truth Seeker...you know that Hamas and Hezbollah are killing innocent people by strapping bombs on their bodies and blowing themselves up. To compare Christians who sincerely believe that people are going to go to hell without being born again is not the same as blowing people up and killing them. Come on 'Truth Seeker'...
Lets call a spade a spade and call terrorists what they are cold-hearted, cowardly killers. Bible believing Christians may not be perfect and they may even be hypocritical (I know I have been) but they aren't killing people in the name of God. They may offend some people, they may hurt some people, and they may even cause people to stumble but at least they aren't plastering bits and pieces of their bodies over cities because of a suicide bomber...Please dont' compare Christians to Terrorists Truth Seeker...OK? Thanks...
A Truth Seeker
WOW! Over 6000 page views!

Who is reading this board?

Rob Scribner?
Harrison Sommer?

You think nobody reads this do you "Pastor Rob"? People are reading this - people in your church! They know that Mitchell's fellowship is no different than Hamas or Hezbollah. You are supporting spiritual terrorists who misuse the Bible for their own personal gain and who uses fear and manipulation to make people submit to their demands.

You are just like Mitchell.

You will reap what you have sown.

Posted by: nitedork ()
Date: November 09, 2006 07:25AM

free agent:

tack this onto the beginning of your story:

rob had approved the marriage of john and alysa back in early '06.
2 CFM conference pastors confronted rob and told him that the age difference was breaking fellowship pattern and would not be tolerated.

rob was threatened. either he reign in john or that was it for rob.

which bridges us nicely into your accounts of events.

Date: November 09, 2006 07:35AM

confused1:

thanks for joining the board and keeping truthseeker on his toes!

let's do this differently. why don't you ask "pastor" scribner a couple of simple questions:

1) did you initially approve of john's marriage and then get bullied into destroying him? if he denies it then i'll email you the names of the bullies and you can ask them yourself. if he confirms it, then ask yourself if this is the kind of man you want to follow.

2) and this is too easy.......... why did the city tear down the little house?
if rob includes the part about getting caught for installing counterfeit electrical panels then he gets 10 points. if he omits this little fact then maybe we need to drudge up the public records again.

i doubt he'll score 100% on his honesty quiz. and you'll get a chance to see a real live pastor fibbing right in your face. it's very creepy.

baby steps my friend. i'll give you another set of questions when you bring me the broomstick.

Date: November 09, 2006 08:39AM

][img:5251558048]http://us.inmagine.com/168nwm/imagesource/ev009/ev009004.jpg[/img:5251558048] LOL...

You are kidding me right?
"getting caught for installing counterfeit electrical panels"???
Do you actually think that he personally installed these 'counterfeit panels' himself? Dude, do you think he was even supervising the installation of these panels? He is a busy man...I'm sure that they hired some outside contractors to do the job as they always do for jobs around the church.
You can't blame the man for that one...
Gosh, I've done worse things than that!

As far as the 'bullying', how do you know that John Schmidt didn't just decide to start all over with a new young wife? Have you talked to him personally about this matter? I know that if I was in his shoes, I too, probably would have walked away from the pain and heartache of the past...
Don't always assume that he got 'bullied' into leaving.

nitedork
confused1:

thanks for joining the board and keeping truthseeker on his toes!

let's do this differently. why don't you ask "pastor" scribner a couple of simple questions:

1) did you initially approve of john's marriage and then get bullied into destroying him? if he denies it then i'll email you the names of the bullies and you can ask them yourself. if he confirms it, then ask yourself if this is the kind of man you want to follow.

2) and this is too easy.......... why did the city tear down the little house?
if rob includes the part about getting caught for installing counterfeit electrical panels then he gets 10 points. if he omits this little fact then maybe we need to drudge up the public records again.

i doubt he'll score 100% on his honesty quiz. and you'll get a chance to see a real live pastor fibbing right in your face. it's very creepy.

baby steps my friend. i'll give you another set of questions when you bring me the broomstick.

Posted by: Free Agent ()
Date: November 09, 2006 10:02AM

"rob had approved the marriage of john and alysa back in early '06.
2 CFM conference pastors confronted rob and told him that the age difference was breaking fellowship pattern and would not be tolerated."-nitedork

I remeber John telling me that Rob asked How she was and has he talked to her...BEFORE JOHN EVEN TOLD HIM ABOUT HER! bring that up also confuzed.

Confuzed...Please use alot of caution when you ask rob, in paticularlly about John ...He is a master Manipulator and has a "Gift" in switching his words.

Oh buy the way..He'll probaly tell you They tossed John because These Families accused John of Handling the Finances irrisponably, Be aware ROB HIMSELF CLEARED JOHN OF THAT ACCUSATION...EVERY DOLLAR AND CENT WAS ACCOUNTED FOR!

His words were to John You have a choice...either you dont marry alyse and you come back to santa monica for "redirection" or marry her and lose the church. WHAT?!?!?!

Who is ANY MAN TO DECIDE WHO ANOTHER MAN MARRY'S?

Iam absolutly possitive there are members in Santa Monica, MAYBE HESPERIA, and in CFM that are still chapped about what happened to John. But they live in fear of being thrown out of the fellowship and called a rebel. How a person can know about and see what happened to this innocent man and stay in this organization, is baffling.

And through ALL THIS...John's side of the story has never changed.

Posted by: Free Agent ()
Date: November 09, 2006 10:18AM

"As far as the 'bullying', how do you know that John Schmidt didn't just decide to start all over with a new young wife? Have you talked to him personally about this matter? I know that if I was in his shoes, I too, probably would have walked away from the pain and heartache of the past...
Don't always assume that he got 'bullied' into leaving."-confuzed

How do I know? I TALKED TO JOHN ABOUT THIS HOLE ISSUE WITH HIM AND HIS NEW WIFE!

I was there when John broke it to us That rob and harrison gave him the ultimatum.

I know more than you think.

Date: November 09, 2006 01:50PM

confused, have you done your homework assignment yet?

Date: November 09, 2006 02:14PM

i give bill a year or two until he declares bankrupcy.

his utah house is saddled with $180,000 of debt, and "worth" maybe $165,000 and declining fast

his tucson house is saddled with $200,000 of debt. the new home builders are undercutting him by at least $25,000.

doesn't bode well for a guy with 8 kids, no job skills, a declining housing market and an underperforming congregation.

Current Page: 13 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.