Current Page: 11 of 23
Wayman Mitchell Influences My Former Church
Posted by: A Truth Seeker ()
Date: November 07, 2006 12:25PM

I just read Haggard's repentance letter. He says he is submitting to Jack Hayford, Scribner's overseer. Hayford needs to first take care of the problem in his own backyard and don't worry about what is going on in Colorado. Hayford knows what Scribner is up to but refuses to take action. He needs to clean up his own house before he starts telling others how to clean their house. No wonder people are so hurt and wounded by what has transpired at the Lighthouse. Reread that nasty letter Rob wrote that demanded that they submit to him and the Wayman Mitchell cult. To me, that says it all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: confuzed1 ()
Date: November 08, 2006 12:48AM

A Truth Seeker
Uywhan
We all make mistakes Truth Seeker, even in our personal lives. Unfortunately, all of us tend to forget Pastors and Leaders are only human too even if they do hold an upright position. I actually read in the bible before I entered this site that God told us to obey those he puts in leadership, even when we think they are wrong, because GOD will have his way with them. And, my Pastor always encourages me to read my bible for answers if I don’t understand things or question certain ideas he may have. When I look back at the whole situation now, I think about how great GOD is that he gave us his Word, the Spirit of Truth. It’s a hard walk the Christian walk and yes, sometimes we tend to forget about our salvation, our personal lives and concentrate too much on the Work of GOD, which all in all, requires balance. Because all of us have been affected (in my church), we are never turned away if we have something to question. Whether it’s something the Pastor has said or somebody else, we’ve been taught (and with GOD’s grace and meditating with him) that it’s not wrong to do this you know? We’re not turned away anymore like how we use to be. Maybe that's what everyone needs to remind themselves of including myself.
quote]

Hi U,

This paragraph popped out to me.

Are you trying to tell us that you must continue submit to your pastor even if he is wrong or in sin?

So, if your pastor decides to murder someone, he still should be regarded as a pastor and you should still submit to him? I know it sounds extreme, but your statement bears this out.

And to think that you are suppose to let "God will have his way them" is to me a cop out.

It is quite disturbing you think this way.

A Truth Seeker

I'm new to this site and have a few questions for Truth Seeker...
Truth Seeker, tell me why King David submitted to Saul even though Saul was trying to kill him? David had an opportunity to kill Saul but he refrained because he knew that that was God's anointed leader (even though he was doing wrong!) and that God would remove him eventually.
Its not a cop out...Its obedience to God first.
As a former soldier, we always listened to our superiours first and obeyed commands and took comfort in knowing that we did what we 'signed' up to do and did a good job in the process.
Its the same way in the church. We want to obey God so we do it in faith...
:idea:

Date: November 08, 2006 12:51AM

A Truth Seeker
I ran into very nice Lighthouse person the other day, she doesn't believe in the shunning doctrine that they preach there - ha ha ha ha! Anyways she said that the Wayman Mitchell video they put on the web site recently has made a few people in the church upset. Quite a few people there don't like the guy. Mitchell really sets off the women, he is chauvenistic and very derrogatory when he speaks about them in general. I have been reading the other web sites about Mitchell and have learn he can very nasty from the pulpit. He believes there is some sort of spiritual conspiracy by the female race that intends to bring down pastors through adulterous liasons intentionally setup by these women. This conspiracy is worldwide and threatens his global church empire, so he is constantly pining about these so-called pastor killers. Obviously this lunatic dogma is consumed by the faithful as gospel truth and then revomitted on innocent victims.

So if you want to see the boring video of Mitchell here you go:
[www.lighthousechurch.com]

Hey Truth Seeker,
I saw that 'boring' video and it was actually quite interesting...
It looks like this guy Mitchell REALLY heals people! Amazing...
But its all done in the name of Jesus Christ...
Do you know of any other religions or religious leaders who are healing people like that in the name of their god(s) or leaders? Imams healing in the name of allah? Buddists healing in the name of buddha? Help me out here because I see bonafide miracles happening here and I'm getting a bit confused about all that is being written...

Date: November 08, 2006 02:14AM

Wow...I didn't know all this happened before.
I've just started visiting the lighthouse after i got a flyer at the 3rd st promenade.
I've actually enjoyed the sermons they preach. But I would like to know more about the division that happened in the church before i place membership there.
thanks truth seeker
A Truth Seeker
In my last post I mentioned a conversation that I had with a lady who had been in The Lighthouse Church for approximently 10 years. She has now moved out of the area, but still lives in the state and still keeps in contact with a few of her friends that were in the church, and some who still are in church today. She told me so many things that happenned at the church during her tenure there, I had writers cramp from all the note taking. Before we finished our conversation I asked her for permission to write about some of her observations and experiences at the church. She agreed as long as I referred to her as "Jane Doe" so that she could remain anonymous.

Jane Doe told me of the "big split" that the church had a few years back. She told me that the church lost over 300 people when the pastor sent out a letter to the churches members and demanded they give their loyalty and submission to Wayman Mitchell and the Potter's House group. You see, there were some people who voiced a concerned about how the church was becoming like Mitchell's group - meanspirited, controlling and oppressive.

They were given three days to make a decision, and if they had said anything against the pastor or Mitchell, they were suppose to repent or they were suppose to leave and not to ever mention anything about the letter or its demands because saying anything would be coming against God!

Jane said people who got the letter just proved beyond the shadow of any doubt that Rob Scribner had become the puppet of Wayman Mitchell. It proved that they were going to become full fledge member of the Potter's House cult. (BTW, Jane is sending me a copy of the letter in the mail. I will post it when I get it.)

Jane said during this time Scribner preached about people being rebels and being in rebellion to leadership. Submission and church discipline were also topics. This thinned out the ranks week by week. She said he would start off sermons on one verse of scripture, then just start ranting, and never going back to scripture or even misapplying the context. Nobody knew who to trust anymore. People were suspecting each other insubordination. There were secret meetings in the pastors office. People were called by the leadership and confronted about their allegiance to the church. She said it was a nightmare.

All these things are typical of cults and abusive church movements.

I write all of this to expose the truth about The Lighthouse Church because as a new visitor to the church, I did not know the recent history of the church. If I had known about what the past was of this place I wouldn't have given one dime or attended one service. Thank God I did not waste a lot time here.

More to come later.

A Truth Seeker

Date: November 08, 2006 04:00AM

confuzed1
A Truth Seeker
Uywhan
We all make mistakes Truth Seeker, even in our personal lives. Unfortunately, all of us tend to forget Pastors and Leaders are only human too even if they do hold an upright position. I actually read in the bible before I entered this site that God told us to obey those he puts in leadership, even when we think they are wrong, because GOD will have his way with them. And, my Pastor always encourages me to read my bible for answers if I don’t understand things or question certain ideas he may have. When I look back at the whole situation now, I think about how great GOD is that he gave us his Word, the Spirit of Truth. It’s a hard walk the Christian walk and yes, sometimes we tend to forget about our salvation, our personal lives and concentrate too much on the Work of GOD, which all in all, requires balance. Because all of us have been affected (in my church), we are never turned away if we have something to question. Whether it’s something the Pastor has said or somebody else, we’ve been taught (and with GOD’s grace and meditating with him) that it’s not wrong to do this you know? We’re not turned away anymore like how we use to be. Maybe that's what everyone needs to remind themselves of including myself.
quote]

Hi U,

Are you trying to tell us that you must continue submit to your pastor even if he is wrong or in sin?

So, if your pastor decides to murder someone, he still should be regarded as a pastor and you should still submit to him? I know it sounds extreme, but your statement bears this out.

And to think that you are suppose to let "God will have his way them" is to me a cop out.

A Truth Seeker

Truth Seeker, tell me why King David submitted to Saul even though Saul was trying to kill him? David had an opportunity to kill Saul but he refrained because he knew that that was God's anointed leader (even though he was doing wrong!) and that God would remove him eventually.
As a former soldier, we always listened to our superiours first and obeyed commands and took comfort in knowing that we did what we 'signed' up to do and did a good job in the process.

You should re-read what you just wrote. You are implying the pastor is like a king. No where in the Bible does it say, the pastor is the king of the church and NT doesn't teach this idea. This is a false teaching that has come out of the shephereding cults from the 1970's and 1980's.

Date: November 08, 2006 04:18AM

confuzed1
A Truth Seeker
I ran into very nice Lighthouse person the other day, she doesn't believe in the shunning doctrine that they preach there - ha ha ha ha! Anyways she said that the Wayman Mitchell video they put on the web site recently has made a few people in the church upset. Quite a few people there don't like the guy. Mitchell really sets off the women, he is chauvenistic and very derrogatory when he speaks about them in general. I have been reading the other web sites about Mitchell and have learn he can very nasty from the pulpit. He believes there is some sort of spiritual conspiracy by the female race that intends to bring down pastors through adulterous liasons intentionally setup by these women. This conspiracy is worldwide and threatens his global church empire, so he is constantly pining about these so-called pastor killers. Obviously this lunatic dogma is consumed by the faithful as gospel truth and then revomitted on innocent victims.

So if you want to see the boring video of Mitchell here you go:
[www.lighthousechurch.com]

Hey Truth Seeker,
I saw that 'boring' video and it was actually quite interesting...
It looks like this guy Mitchell REALLY heals people! Amazing...
But its all done in the name of Jesus Christ...
Do you know of any other religions or religious leaders who are healing people like that in the name of their god(s) or leaders? Imams healing in the name of allah? Buddists healing in the name of buddha? Help me out here because I see bonafide miracles happening here and I'm getting a bit confused about all that is being written...

There were no doctors there to verify before or after these claimed healings. Sorry to be so pessimistic, there is no accountability here to these claims.

Have you ever thought of this: If Mitchell is such a great healer, why isn't he visiting every hospital in America healing these people from their afflicitions? Why isn't he using this supposed healing gift to it's fullest extent? Why does he need to have healing crusades? Does he healing gift only work in tents or church buildings?

If Mitchell has a real healing gift, then he should welcome to have a group of doctors with him to verify the affliction and verify the healing. This would lend credibility to the claims and prove that he has a healing gift. All this is suspect.

Posted by: Free Agent ()
Date: November 08, 2006 04:21AM

"Wow...I didn't know all this happened before.
I've just started visiting the lighthouse after i got a flyer at the 3rd st promenade.
I've actually enjoyed the sermons they preach. But I would like to know more about the division that happened in the church before i place membership there. "-Confuzed1

First off I'll be Honest with you..I think you're up to something. Sorry But What I have just been through at the lightHouse in Hesperia..I TRUST NO ONE That is attending ANY LIGHTHOUSE.

All I can say is Run while you still have a fresh mind. Rob and friends will bully you beyond belief. They Will LIE to cover thier butts, which I have witnessed first hand, The will manipulate God's word to keep you in check, I seen What they did to my Pastor, and just because He followed what God Wanted for his life and Not CFM...They took 18 years of his labor away and turned about 75% of his congregation against him. Rob will tell you different..to cover himself...But I seen This all go down first hand. The Hesperia LH Is moving not on a spirit of "Revival", But a Spirit of Gossip and Slander. And all of it is Rob's doing. What kind of "Man Of God" post's a letter in the church hallway for everyone to see slandering and LYING about "Thier version" of what happened to John schmidt. To this day That congregations message is not Christ love...Its "Let me tell you about the rebelion of John schmidt." If you are sincere, I will tell you more...If not God will expose your motive somhow...It always happens!

One more thing...Let NO MAN tell you God only moves on those that attend a CFM church. Jesus loves you for who you are. AND YOU SHOULD NOT FEEL OBLIGATED to only feel right with God if you "serve and obey" Rob Scribner. You will soon know why this thread is up.

Run while you can.

Date: November 08, 2006 04:22AM

Goto page 2 of this thread and read the 10th post down. There is a 3 day demand to repent letter written by Scribner talking about the recent division in the church.

confuzed1
Wow...I didn't know all this happened before.
I've actually enjoyed the sermons they preach. But I would like to know more about the division that happened in the church before i place membership there.
thanks truth seeker
A Truth Seeker
In my last post I mentioned a conversation that I had with a lady who had been in The Lighthouse Church for approximently 10 years. She has now moved out of the area, but still lives in the state and still keeps in contact with a few of her friends that were in the church, and some who still are in church today. She told me so many things that happenned at the church during her tenure there, I had writers cramp from all the note taking. Before we finished our conversation I asked her for permission to write about some of her observations and experiences at the church. She agreed as long as I referred to her as "Jane Doe" so that she could remain anonymous.

Jane Doe told me of the "big split" that the church had a few years back. She told me that the church lost over 300 people when the pastor sent out a letter to the churches members and demanded they give their loyalty and submission to Wayman Mitchell and the Potter's House group. You see, there were some people who voiced a concerned about how the church was becoming like Mitchell's group - meanspirited, controlling and oppressive.

They were given three days to make a decision, and if they had said anything against the pastor or Mitchell, they were suppose to repent or they were suppose to leave and not to ever mention anything about the letter or its demands because saying anything would be coming against God!

Jane said people who got the letter just proved beyond the shadow of any doubt that Rob Scribner had become the puppet of Wayman Mitchell. It proved that they were going to become full fledge member of the Potter's House cult. (BTW, Jane is sending me a copy of the letter in the mail. I will post it when I get it.)

Jane said during this time Scribner preached about people being rebels and being in rebellion to leadership. Submission and church discipline were also topics. This thinned out the ranks week by week. She said he would start off sermons on one verse of scripture, then just start ranting, and never going back to scripture or even misapplying the context. Nobody knew who to trust anymore. People were suspecting each other insubordination. There were secret meetings in the pastors office. People were called by the leadership and confronted about their allegiance to the church. She said it was a nightmare.

All these things are typical of cults and abusive church movements.

I write all of this to expose the truth about The Lighthouse Church because as a new visitor to the church, I did not know the recent history of the church. If I had known about what the past was of this place I wouldn't have given one dime or attended one service. Thank God I did not waste a lot time here.

More to come later.

A Truth Seeker

Date: November 08, 2006 07:35AM

If you take the idea of the pastor being like King Saul or King David, and that their authority or actions cannot be question, then one condones attempted murder, murder and adultery with any consequence or removal from their position. Does that now mean that Ted Haggard, Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart and all the other immoral pastors should have never been removed from their position of ministry, because they were anointed by God for that position? I think that is totatlly absurd!

Date: November 08, 2006 08:01AM

No. I am not implying that the Pastor is a "King". But he is the authority we are to submit to in the church.
I just wish I know more about this church and its leadership before I get caught up in the confusion...
A Truth Seeker
confuzed1
A Truth Seeker
Uywhan
quote]

Hi U,

A Truth Seeker

You should re-read what you just wrote. You are implying the pastor is like a king. No where in the Bible does it say, the pastor is the king of the church and NT doesn't teach this idea. This is a false teaching that has come out of the shephereding cults from the 1970's and 1980's.

Current Page: 11 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.