Current Page: 6 of 23
Wayman Mitchell Influences My Former Church
Posted by: A Truth Seeker ()
Date: September 04, 2006 10:58AM

Free Agent
Just here to say Wayman mitchell Is not The Main reason behind john's leaving the church. Ive seen the damage Michell causes first hand. But it was The pack of wolves in the Lighthouse that caused this.

Hello Free Agent,

Thank you for posting the information about what Rob Scribner has done to John Schmidt.

From what I have heard from multiple sources, is that Mitchell and Harold Warner were putting pressure on Scribner to remove John Schmidt because he did not step down when his wife died. I found out that Mitchell's group has a doctrine that if a married man loses his wife, he can not pastor a church. It is so sad a guy goes throug the loss of his wife, then he is forced to give up his church. A double whammy! How hard can that be?

So in the end, Mitchell had Scribner do his filthy, evil work. I hope that God reminds Scribner day and night the wickedness he has done to a widowed pastor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 04, 2006 02:38PM

Also, I bet Scribner never even thinks the same thing could happen to him too. Of course not! Cold hearted and impish men like him and Mitchell could care less how they hurt a widower.

Anyone who has more information about how Scribner destroyed Schmidt please write Dr. Hayford and tell him what you know. Expose the fiendish acts of this imposter of a "pastor".

Dr. Jack Hayford
1910 W. Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026-0176

Posted by: Free Agent ()
Date: September 05, 2006 02:04PM

Rob DID NOT destroy John...But made him stronger! John is STILL serving Jesus, John Is Free from fellowship condemnation, and john is going to get remarried!

How is this a destroyed man? All he lost was a building and a congregation that is so weak minded to believe anything the fellowship or these wolves tell them about John, and then turn their back on a man that poured his heart out for them? Its more like Rob destroyed his own church.

Jesus is alive!!! John is Free...We are Free...God is bigger than a fellowship!

Posted by: nitedork ()
Date: September 06, 2006 06:50AM

rob is suffering a slow demise. here is a man who took hard-fought ministries away from people who labored from scratch and handed them over to his closest family members.

consequently, god has been taking things from rob.

he has lost 200 to 300 members since 2002.

the school has dropped in enrollment from 220 to maybe 110

the high-school is rampant with alchohol

his number 1 disciple (john s) left this year

his number 2 right hand guy is suffering from mental insanity and has abandoned his wife and 4 kids this year

he just lost his top family to texas (this week)

and as a humorous daily reminder, the city of santa monica just demolished an illegal structure on the church property (this week)

Posted by: escaped_cfm ()
Date: September 06, 2006 01:22PM

I know John Schmidt quite well since I used to attend a CFM church fairly close to him. I had nothing but respect for the guy. If you know where his church is meeting or have any contact info for him can you post it or send me a private message. I'd love to meet up with him and show my support. Thanks a bunch.

Posted by: Free Agent ()
Date: September 07, 2006 03:09AM

how do you know if He started another church? Last I heard, The LH was making it nearly impossible for him to restart?

Posted by: naboth675 ()
Date: September 09, 2006 02:28AM

quote "Mitchell and Harold Warner were putting pressure on Scribner to remove John Schmidt because he did not step down when his wife died" unquote.

So if a ministers wife dies then the minister must relinquish his church and therefore his ministry. However if your name is Harold Warner and your wife sleeps with a couple of blokes in the congregation that can be overlooked and Harold's ministry continues unabated.

Warner recieved favour which should quite legitimatly have been taken away from him under the supposed rules. The same man now sticks the knife into a man whose wife has died. Does this wicked man even believe there is a God?

regards...naboth675

[www.habakkuk2-4.com]

Posted by: d0ub7ful0n3 ()
Date: September 09, 2006 01:09PM

I can attest to much of this first hand as a 10 year member (excuse me, “ex” member) of the lighthouse church.

Brief intro:

First attended the LH 10 years ago.
Married in the LH 6 years ago.
Kiddo starts attending LH school 6 years ago.
Separated from wife in LH 4.5 years ago.
Asked to attend “Daughter” LH church 4 years ago.
Divorced from wife in the LH 2 years ago (her initiation).
Forced to move to “Daughter” LH church 1.5 years ago.
Actively involved in Daughter LH for past 1.5 years.
Remarried 1 year ago.
Wife’s kiddo starts attending LH school 1 year ago.
Wife is VERY actively involved in daughter LH church.
Find out wife is pregnant 4 months ago.
Ex-wife (who is a part time church-goer at best) persuades Rob to boot me, my wife, my kids out of the church, and kiddo’s kicked out of the school.

Ok, so while I could whine about my bad shake, I figure “Praise GOD for getting me out of there.”

Here is my question though:

After making a ten year commitment to an establishment how does one trust a new establishment with the well-being of his family? I feel like the wife who finds out that her husband has been cheating on her for the better part of their marriage – very untrustin. And while a site like this is wonderful for pointing out the negative, perhaps an equally valuable resource would be a list of respectable establishments.

-doubtful one

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 09, 2006 07:27PM

dOub7fulOn3:

The overwhelming majority of churches do not hurt people.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This link outlines some basic "warning signs" of a potentially unsafe group.

The more checks and balances that exist the safer you are.

A democratically elected church government with bylaws to protect its members, such as a church board that can discipline a pastor or if need be fire him.

Financial transparency through independently audited and annually published financial statements that disclose in detail all salaries, compensation and expenses of the church keep things open and honest.

Educational requirements for pastors that include college and seminary provides for a process that often produces more reliable pastors.

Denominational accountability provides another layer of safeguards.

Larger denominations such as the Southern Baptists, American Baptists, Church of the Nazarene, Evangelical Free Church and Assemblies of God, would be examples of churches that typically have these safeguards in place.

Most large Protestant denominations have such layers and provisions for accountability.

Date: September 12, 2006 02:46AM

Free Agent, Nitedork, Naboth and Doubtful One:

Thank you for posting all your experiences and information about Lighthouse and Rob Scribner. I want to encourage you all to write Dr. Hayford and let him know your stories. Also, I want anyone who has had any experience with Wayman Mitchell and it's fellowship of pastors to write Dr. Hayford too.

Dr. Jack Hayford
1910 W. Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026-0176

I think the time has come to put even more pressure on the Foursquare denomination to take serious action.

Readers of this message board: Please post your stories. You can remain anonymous. Let the world know what is going on inside this place.

Truth Seeker

Current Page: 6 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.