Current Page: 5 of 23
Wayman Mitchell Influences My Former Church
Posted by: A Truth Seeker ()
Date: August 21, 2006 08:26AM

Got word today that the Lighthouse has lost another long term family of the church. It is a large family of 11. They are moving to Texas. The husband was a church council member for a number of years. There aren't too many details the reason why they are leaving, but I was told that in the past they wanted to move to Texas and they had counselled with Rob and he told them they couldn't move. Maybe they did not ask him for permission this time?

So Rob Scribner are you going to attack this family and label them as spiritual adulterers for leaving your church to go to another? What manipulative fear tactics are you going to use on them this time?

We will find out and let everyone know here on this board.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 23, 2006 07:44AM

It is amazing to see all the page views on this thread alone. Over 2100 page views the last 30 days. There must be a lot of people interested in what Rob Scribner is up to at the Lighthouse. I will post more information as it comes in.

Date: August 24, 2006 03:00PM

Rob Scribner is promoting a crusade that Wayman Mitchell is having in Oceanside this weekend. Supposedly Mitchell heals people through his prayers a la Benny Hinn.

[pub45.bravenet.com]

Date: August 29, 2006 02:10PM

Over the last couple of weeks I have been in contact with a former Foursquare pastor. When I told him of my experience at the Lighthouse, he knew about it and said that many pastors/leaders in the denomination knew what was going on in there. Little could be done unless the church members spoke up to Foursquare and insisted that they do they do something. Unless that pastor is committing a crime or some sort of sexual thing, the denomination won't step in first and shut him down. Overall, the pastor could almost run the church anyway he wanted to. Scary huh?

I have an idea. A lot of people read this board, over 8700 page views now. Why don't you write Dr. Jack Hayford and tell him of your experience with Rob Scribner and the Lighthouse? Here is his address:

Dr. Jack Hayford
1910 W. Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026-0176

Date: August 30, 2006 02:00AM

I turned on the news today and found out that Mormon polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was arrested last night. One of the main points the broadcaster made about Jeffs cultic behavior was that he arranged marriages and really had people underneath his control.

Jane Doe told me about Scribner and how he would ask single men which women they liked in the church and he would try to arrange a hook up. Of course this was all done in the name of God because he is the pastor. Kind of freaky that a grown man would let another man pick his future wife don't you think? Makes you wonder what is really going on in the mind of Scribner.

Date: September 01, 2006 10:19AM

In the book, The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse the writers talk about the way manipulative church leaders use paranoia to keep people oppressed and attached to the church. They develop an us versus the world mentality and take it to the point that a person's life is in danger if they are sucked into the world and it's thinking. This kind of thinking can also be portrayed about other churches and ministries too. They are labeled lukewarm and spiritually cold and could kill your faith if you go to another church.

Scribner made this veiled threats in his sermons from time to time, to those people who are not following the party line that he dictated. Fear of losing God's blessing was always recurring theme. At times, after hearing him preach, you walked away thinking that Scribner alone was the mediator between you and God. This tactic uses paranoia to keep always wondering if they are pleasing God, because they haven't obeyed the demands of Scribner.

Everyone should go and get this book. It really explains clearly what is really going on in the Lighthouse.

By the way, don't forget my campaign for all readers of this board to write Dr. Hayford a letter about your experiences at the Lighthouse.

Dr. Jack Hayford
1910 W. Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026-0176

Posted by: naboth675 ()
Date: September 01, 2006 11:40PM

Hello .Some great posts here. I read a post by a lighthouse disciple about a year ago on a pro potters house message board. I didn't stir anything up. I just asked him how things were going over there and the group owner wiped my post off the board. He put it down to the need to 'protect the guy from such questions. ONE HAS TO WONDER WHY HE NEEDS SUCH PROTECTION.

I wonder if you would would mind me using the information you have provided to put on my website which details the controversies and corruption of the fellowship. If that's o.k with you then let me know in your next post. If you have any useful information on the fellowship, especially regarding corruption, croneyism and abuse then I would like to invite you to share that on the forum on the final page of my website. The address is below. {a lycos search will get you there if the link doesn't work} Anything you can say which helps people out of this abusive group will be much appreciated.

kind regards...naboth675

[www.habakkuk2-4.com]

Posted by: Free Agent ()
Date: September 02, 2006 08:16AM

John Schmidt WAS ROBBED of His church. 5 Families in the Congregation had a secret meeting, That John himself was not allowed to attend, with Rob Scribner. John was going to remarry and these families did not approve who He was going to marry (atleast behind his back). then they brought up other allogations against him and the woman's family, accusing them of favoratism and taking up all the leadership positions. How funny Most of the current Leadership positions at the LH are currently filled by These 5 families that caused this to happen. Yes, it was true that alot of people left, But were persuaded by these families to come back by misquoting scripture and telling even more lies. Wayman Mitchell had little to do with this...physically. This was the work of a jealous group of people who did not like the fact that John was loving life, about to start anew, and preaching a message of freedom in the Holy Spirit and not being condemned by religious wolves such as these. The sad thing is John showed trumendous GRACE on These very families in the past. Some of these should have been kicked out for various sins such as Sexual immorallity, Starting divisions, attempting to steal from other members in the congregation.....And John showed them Grace. Maybe wayman mitchell had something to do with this spiritually by his teachings, But this was done in Pharisitical fashion as unto Christ......They met secretly, betrayed him with a kiss, Brought john before (Rob) Pilate, basically took his life by taking away his church, and now persicuting John even after the fact. I leave you with this...for those of you who dont know John Schmidt, know this that...He was wronged by his congregation, They can Lie to themselves all they want THEY KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE DONE. AND ALL THE LEADERS THAT PARTICIPATED IN THIS OUTTA THINK BACK WHEN JOHN TOOK YOU UNDER HIS WING WHEN YOU WERE BROKE.

Psalms 41:5-9

My enemies speak evil of me
"When will he die,
and his name be parished?"
And if He comes to see me,
he speaks lies:
His heart gathers iniquity to itself;
When he goes out he tells it.
All who hate me whisper
togethor against me;
Against me they devise my hurt;
"An evil disease" they say
"Clings to Him"
"And now that he lies down
he will rise no more"
Even My OWN FAMILIAR FRIEND in
whom I trusted
Who ate my bread,
Has lifted up his heel against me....

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 03, 2006 09:14PM

Free Agent:

You sound as if you came here as an apologist for Mitchell and his crew.

They have no meaningful accountability to anyone through democratically elected church boards, or financial transparency through independently audited financial statements.

No one but Mitchell and those he selects know where the money goes within Christian Fellowship Churches.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This collection of press articles demonstrates that Mitchell's problems are long standing and serious.

Christian Fellowship Churches has a long and troubled history of bad press, complaints, church splits and litigation.

There have been many divorces and custody disputes linked to Mitchell churches and his various pastors.

Attempting to blame individual members for Mitchell and his crew's bad behavior doesn't change this. And hiding behind scripture isn't a meaningful defense.

Overwhelmingly, those that leave Mitchell churches remain Christians and they didn't leave over faith issues, but rather almost every time over the bad conduct of leaders.

The press stories linked through this database explain this in detail.

Mitchell has been repeatedly criticized by Christians for his behavior and the way in which he controls people.

Anything on this database can be quoted including posts here at the message board.

Posted by: Free Agent ()
Date: September 04, 2006 08:01AM

Just here to say Wayman mitchell Is not The Main reason behind john's leaving the church. Ive seen the damage Michell causes first hand. But it was The pack of wolves in the Lighthouse that caused this.

Current Page: 5 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.