Current Page: 23 of 23
Re: Wayman Mitchell Influences My Former Church
Posted by: tom58 ()
Date: April 18, 2008 07:55AM

Actually I think the original name was the "Arizona Fellowship" I also was manipulated by this fellowship. I am so happy I found this web site. Thank you Rick Ross. My wife and I asked Jesus into our hearts in April of 1983. We were told to find a church and be with other Christians, at that time we were told about a new church where we lived in Lowell, MA. So one Sunday we showed up at this church "Victory Chapel" For the first few months it was great, the pastor and his wife took us out for coffee, we talked, joked, laughed and asked questions. I was given more responsibility as time went by. My wife and I were invited to a bible conferance in Yuma, AZ. we were so excited and met many people. Actually I really liked the first two pastors we had. To cut to the chase. I backslid in 1991, I messed up and left the church on my own. My marriage went down hill and we seperated in 1993, both of us ended back in the alcohol and drug scene. My wife passed away in May of 1999. That added to my guilt and pain, I thought for sure I was going to hell, and there was no hope for me. I almost died a few times myself, alcohol poisening then a cocaine heart attack. I ended up homeless. Then in 2003 I voluntarally when in to a phsych hospital, from their I went into a Salvation Army Rehab. I spent 9 months there, got myself straightened out. Attended a baptist church for a short time. But I don't feal comfortable in any church now but I do love God. He is more merciful than I thought. My life goes well now, I met a wonderful woman and am very happy and sober. There is life after this money hungry fellowship. I don't get evicted from apartments any more trying to keep up with tithes and offerings besides. I would like to talk to anyone more about these churches.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Frank Sumatra ()
Date: September 12, 2008 08:06AM

Does anyone know the whereabouts of John Schmidt the pastor who was cheated out of his church by Rob Scribner?

What about Pastor Schmidts background? I take it he was a Foursquare pastor in good standing.

It would be interested to locate him and ask him how much support Foursquare gave him in this matter. Certainly his imediate superior ie District Supervisor at the time, would have had some say in the matter.

Foursquare is a victim of it's own politics in this case and it serves them right. The thing is the people don't deserve to be treated this way!

Frank

A Truth Seeker
I spoke with "Jane Doe" today about the current news at Lighthouse.

The pastor who left is John Schmidt, who started the affiliate church in Hesperia, California about 15 years ago. His wife had been very ill with cancer for many years and had passed away in late 2005, leaving behind John and two children.

According to Jane, the standard practice of the Mitchell cult is that if a pastor's wife dies, the pastor must relinquish the church to another Mitchellite. And therin lies the problem, John did not agree with that practice.

So in time, pressure was put onto John by the thugs of Mitchell and Rob Scribner to resign from the church, even though John had done nothing wrong or sinful to have him remove from the pastorate.

John finally resigned from the church a week ago Sunday. He was then pressured to return to the Lighthouse Santa Monica, but John has refused to be manipulated anymore by Scribner and Mitchell's cult group, and John decided to no longer associate with them anymore.

Good for John.

I hope every member in the Lighthouse network of churches realizes that what has transpired is because of the evil and hurtful actions of Scribner and Mitchell.

"Jane Doe" will keep me updated, and I will post more information.

A Truth Seeker

Posted by: truthseekers ()
Date: August 21, 2020 05:12AM

Is there any information on this church and it's pastor from back in the 90's? They were very scary back then, and just ruined my sister. Are there any forums from back them?

Thank you

Posted by: 11wedowhatwewant ()
Date: September 06, 2020 06:40PM

truthseekers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there any information on this church and it's
> pastor from back in the 90's? They were very scary
> back then, and just ruined my sister. Are there
> any forums from back them?
>
> Thank you

Yahoo had a couple of groups on the wider overall churches a number of years back. Think it was early 2000s though.

Date: December 07, 2020 03:35PM

Reading this description, I could not understand how I know the name of the Church, it turned out that my husband is from there...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2020 03:37PM by ElizabethWattenberg.

Posted by: LeslieSmith05 ()
Date: May 25, 2023 08:41AM

Anyone have any experiences at the Light House church please post them here.Names would be much appreciated thanks!

Current Page: 23 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.