Every Nation, Morning Star Intl., Victory Campus Ministries
Posted by: yakapo ()
Date: February 09, 2006 01:44PM

This will probably end up really long so bear with me...

This will probably end up really long so bear with me...

First let me say that I do not believe Every Nation is a cult. However, they do have "cultish" practices.

I would dare to say that there are few people posting on this forum that were as dedicated or involved with Every Nation / Morning Star Intl. as I was. I joined the staff of a church under EN / MSI in 1999.

Let me first state that there are changes being made in this ministry and that not all churches in EN have erred in this fashion.

When I first joined a EN church, I did not notice any strange doctrines. However, as I became more and more committed, they began to teach me more of the doctrine reserved for those disciples that were "under authority" I remember the first time my pastor discovered that I was leading a Bible study on my campus. He was very angry. At the time I didn't understand why. (he didn't tell me why) Later I learned that I was supposed to ask permission for that sort of thing before initiating it. One day I told him I liked a certain girl in the church. His immediate response was a gesture of a zero (indicating I had no chance). The next day he very grimly told me to approach him if I heard an audible voice from God or saw handwriting on the wall. This may sound absurd, but I prayed consitently for a few years following that incident for God to speak to me audibly regarding that girl. Later another pastor prophesied to me that I should wait until I was 30 to get married. (I know now that this was not from God)

We were taught not to make any major desicions without speaking to our "discipler" Perhaps the most cult-like practice was the fact that they slowly and gradually introduce you to the more strict doctrines. (like the different chapters in masonism)

Another doctrine they teach is "God speaks through authority" The church I used to attend in Dallas has changed their dating doctrines. At some point they realized that singles were leaving in droves.

For those of you attending EN churches that would disagree with me on any of these matters, let me recommend a sermon from Steve Murrell to you. (i used to attend on of his discipleship groups) It is entitled discipleship boundaries. While listening to that sermon, I manifested a demon. Later, I received deliverance from strongholds of control and manipulation... The evangelist ministering to me told me that my situation was very similar to ministers from the church of christ.

I was about to write some other areas of immorality that I have witnessed but my conscience will not let me...

Those of you that attend EN churches...

Do you feel guilty if you visit another church or ministry?
Do you find yourself covering up when speaking to family or friends about EN's doctrines?
Is your church bearing fruit? (genuine souls saved)
Have you been told that you are divorcing the church if you leave? (Although there is truth in the "spiritual family" teaching it can be used to manipulate)

I have a friend who was told year after year to wait to date a girl he liked. He was in his late 20's.

If you disagree.... were you on staff or in leadership?

if you want to hear more just ask...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Every Nation, Morning Star Intl., Victory Campus Ministries
Posted by: zync ()
Date: July 31, 2009 02:49AM

Hello,

I have several questions regarding the Every Nation organization. I presently attend a church that has been exploring EN as a possible organization to connect with. However, I was given information regarding this group that was unsettling. Would you be willing to pass what you know about EN to me. I am concerned that the church I now attend (that is healthy) could become unhealthy if connected to EN. Thanks in advance for your reply.

zync

Re: Every Nation, Morning Star Intl., Victory Campus Ministries
Posted by: oncesaved ()
Date: August 31, 2013 09:26AM

i also do want to second what yakapo said that "I do not believe Every Nation is a cult. However, they do have "cultish" practices."
my experience with them has ben very similar .
i was pretty deep in, to the extent that i was even taken along to the philippines for the "campus harvest" festival. i was considered their "first fruit" in My country , i will not specify which one as that will automatically narrow down the options a to who i am . but they had just started to break into my country sometime in 2006 and had volunteers come obver form louisiana and the philippines where they already have the Victory fellowships and morningstar international presence.
they entered my college under the pretext that they were giving "leadership"seminars to the students, but while these seminars were conducted there was not a Whiff of any biblical text, i do vaguely remember that jesus might have been mentioned once as an example of a great leader but that was pretty much it . Now in retrospect I think back to the fact that those sessions were just a mere facade to get a foot into the college campus where they could find impressionable young youth to preach their agenda- it was all very sly and i don't like this modus operandi one bit.
i also agree with the statement that yakapo pout forth that:
"Let me first state that there are changes being made in this ministry and that not all churches in EN have erred in this fashion. "
which still stands true , i have met some amazing and truly well meaning people with no ulterior motives while i was in the church, some still remain pastors , but in a more secular / not very active sense. Some individuals that were in the same boat as me now look back and wonder "what teh hell were we thinking" or i personally feel that i was living a lie, dont get em wrong i loved the whole idea of "building a relationship " with christ , but as things progressed it became less about building a relationship with christ and more about building a relationship with a sort fo "big brother" figure who would have a strong hold on pretty much every aspect of you life . EN was big on promoting the idea of " discipleship" and having a pastor/ or "discipler" guide every crucial decision in your life, right from what you should "tithe" to the girl you dated, i found myself in a similar situation to yakapo where i liked this girl ( who btw was not part of the church) and they pressured me to bring her around which i did , then they wanted me to push the whole EN agenda on her , which i thought was a bit forceful- considering they only met her once, and eventually the pastor came to me and forbid me from dating this girl because he said that god had better /bigger plans for me , which again is nto something i feel was a direct memo from god almighty. it was then that i thought this was not for me and i started to fade away form the fellowship meetings etc.. i have to also agree with everything yakapo put as a cheacklist i was subject to all of the below:
Those of you that attend EN churches...

Do you feel guilty if you visit another church or ministry? ( i was actually roman catholic and i felt like i was cheating on EN if i turned up with my family to the RC church) they also did not encourage me to visit and i was very conflicted

Do you find yourself covering up when speaking to family or friends about EN's doctrines? ( - all the time, i was never upfront about it being a church, it was always pitched s a social gathering, a "leadership seminars" of sorts , but that gradually turned form the charade of leadership seminars to bible study groups, to one on one with your pastor to discuss your life in detail)
Is your church bearing fruit? (genuine souls saved) - not really , i could say that one or two out of ten recruits to the cause genuinely wanted to be there because of the christian agenda, the rest of us were kinda luke warm about the whole deal)

so thats my story. i would not encourage anyone to join the EN family or the victory christian fellowship, or the morningstar international banner, or a thing called "masters commission" in lafayette louisiana, not because they are all malicious people looking for mind control, there are genuine people there too , and well meaning ones as well but i honestly think that their energies and resources could be channeled to do some real goo in this world outside of the pretext of religion. i have not been going to church ever since and i have mostly abandoned religion together , except for the occasional christmas or easter Mass i never attend church anymore because its nothing against god , its GODS people that cna be manipulative and scheming sometimes using Gods name.

hope this helps someones years of being in a distasteful mess

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.