Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Opinions about the UPCI
Posted by: Brandon_T ()
Date: January 31, 2006 07:45AM

I would simply like to hear about what you have to say about the UPCI.

I am about to become a minister in this Organization, and would like to know what other people think and feel about us.

From reading articles and other things on this sight I have found that many people have been hurt from "Oneness" believers. I would like to state though that the Bible does say "Judge not, Lest ye be Judged likewise." I would just like to hear what you have to say so please dont "Bash" my beliefs and I wont Bash Yours.

I would like for this forum to be just for information of what other people feel and think. I will answer any questions you post so be free to ask.

God Bless

Bro. Brandon Tittswoth

Options: ReplyQuote
Opinions about the UPCI
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 31, 2006 08:44AM

Opinions about the UPCI
Posted by: ohmygosh ()
Date: February 02, 2006 07:30AM

There is much that I can tell you about this organization
both from personal experience, the experiences of others that have posted to various web based forums, and from the newspapers.

you state that you don't want anyone to "bash" your religion
so, I can not tell you what I know to be true,

but, as you are about to become licensed with them,
and out of my concern for you,

I would say, the only advice that I can give you at this point

don' t sign the life insurance policy

last time I checked, the life insurance policy was a requirement for licensure with the UPCI, I believe this is posted on their web site.

please note that I am not "bashing" your religion
but, if you are seeking salvation

maybe it would be better not to sign the life policy

Opinions about the UPCI
Posted by: Wright_Again ()
Date: February 03, 2006 11:45PM

I think part of the problem with a lot of denial about whether something is a cult or not is colored by the idea that a cult is exactly like what happened with Jim Jones and the mass murder/suicide that happened there. Most cults are not that extreme and so many cult members are in denial about whether they are involved in a cult or not.

I would say that the UCPI does fall under the category of a cult.

If you are interested in actually working in a ministry, think about finding another venue to work under.

I would also challenge you to read John 14:6 and 1 Timothy 2:5. I would think that trying to act in either capacity would place you outside the Grace of God.

You might also take a look at footwashing as a symbol of service. Many cults have this conceptually backwards. It was Jesus that performed this for his disciples and admonished them to do likewise. Any group that fails this test is not following the clear direction set out in The Scriptures. It follows that if that test is failed, then most likely almost nothing else of value is to be found in such a group with regard to following clear instructions found in the Bible.

Think about it...

Opinions about the UPCI
Posted by: Lutherius ()
Date: February 14, 2006 09:59AM

To know more about the UPC, please see Thomas Fudge’s unbiased book, “Christianity Without the Cross: A History of Salvation in Oneness Pentecostalism.” See here:

[www.amazon.com]

I was a Oneness Pentecostal for over 20 years, and I am now the President of a Non-profit organization call the Association of Former Pentecostals. If the owners of this site do not mind, here is our main website:

[expentecostals.org]

(I hope I am not breaking any rules here with the link.)

When people leave these Oneness Pentecostal churches, they go through a tremendous amount of emotional turmoil. I estimate that most people take from 5-7 years to recover from certain types of Pentecostalism, and in particular, Oneness Pentecostalism, of which UPC is the largest organization. There appears to be an excess of power and control in the Oneness organizations.

As the moderator has posted, the Rick Ross site has a good amount of information on the organization. You need to get Fudge’s book for a serious scholarly perspective, then you will see that this is an organization with more problems than you might be willing to deal with.

Regards,

JPI

Opinions about the UPCI
Posted by: Jerrellman ()
Date: February 17, 2006 08:39PM

Go to college. Take some courses in Philosophy, Sociology, World Religions, and Psychology. Take them with an open mind, then decide whether or not to be a UPCI licensed preacher.
This is coming from an ex-preacher (never got a license) from the UPCI that one day decided to see what was outside the box.
I'm glad I did. When asked, I say I am agnostic these days. Not because I hate God or religion or anything relating, I've merely realized that just because I was third generation in a religion should not be the reason I believe in it. Although I still have not concretely found what I believe, I know that after some basic education in school and life, the UPC is quite flawed.
An interesting side note here, when I was UPC, I found myself in immoral situation after immoral situation and believe me, I sought forgiveness every single time I went to the alter. Today, I don't even think about those things that were immoral, not because I don't believe they are wrong, but because I have no desire to partake in them. (Think hand in cookie jar)

Please, feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Opinions about the UPCI
Posted by: Jerrellman ()
Date: February 17, 2006 08:41PM

You should have included "Former UPCI" in your poll, but ya didn't and therefore I didn't answer.

Secondly, I have to give you props on posting on a basically anti-UPCI site. I just discovered this site today out of boredom. I started out looking for Fantasy Basketball info. haha

J

Opinions about the UPCI
Date: February 20, 2006 11:37PM

I would like to add one more thing to my statement above.

The church I attend is a UPCI church as I have already stated, but we do not belive in religion we belive in being Apostolic. What I mean by saying this is that everything we belive, teach and preach is biblical. In fact we dont even "Interperet" the Bible as so many people are prone to say we do.

We belive everything it says every word the Lord said and every word his apostles said. Most "Christians" are Trinitarians, which in itself is not true because nothing in the Bible supports the Trinity belief. If you would I would like to know how someone can call themselves a "Christian" and not belive what the Bible says.

Does not the book of Revelation 22:18-19 say:

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him plagues that are written in this book:"-18

"And if any man shall take away from the words of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." -19

This is only for those of you who profess to be "Christians", please find and prove to me that the "Trinity" is Biblical Because it is not and those verses state what will happen if you add or take away from the Bible. And teaching something that you say is from the Bible and its not is wrong.

I challange you all to find out what the Bible says and not what other people tell you the Bible says that there are "wolves in sheep clothing" so beware what you hear and find out for yourself. dont take the word of someoone else.

God Bless
Brandon Tittsworth

Opinions about the UPCI
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 21, 2006 01:57PM

Brandon:

Interesting.

Every bible based group from the Waco Davidians to Jonestown believes their view of the bible is correct and not an interpretaion.

What the UPCI believes about the bible has been disproven many time.

The UPCI leaders had a debate on national television years ago and lost quite badly. In the debate they defended the "Oneness doctrine."

The UPCI belief in baptism has also been rejected and is based on its interpretaion of scriptures.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Note the section on Baptism.

The UPCI has a very troubled history and seems to have repeated problems regarding the behavior of its pastors and leaders.

Perhaps if the UPCI impelemented elected church boards that could fire bas pastors or discipline them this would change.

But for now each pastor rules over his flock like something of a tyrant and has no meaningful accoutability to the congregation.

Opinions about the UPCI
Date: February 22, 2006 12:54AM

My father is the pastor in spiro and he is anything but a tyrant.

in fact every pastor in oklahoma that i know isnt a tyrant.

THe fact that a few are tyrant once again does not prove that all UPC pastors are tyants.

God Bless
Brandon Tittsworth

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.