Bethel Church in Redding, CA
Posted by: grace_y ()
Date: July 01, 2017 01:12PM

Hello I was wondering if anyone has any information about Bethel Church in Redding, CA? A couple of my dear lifelong close friends recently moved across the country to be a part of that church, and I have heard some dangerous stuff. Including a leader of the church laying on a famous preachers grave to receive the dead preachers anointing...?

Since they moved, I have talked to my friends much less often but that could be because I don't see them as much.

Just very concerned and could use some information or advice about how to talk to my friends.

Thank you for any help.

Grace Y.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bethel Church in Redding, CA
Date: August 05, 2017 06:56AM

I have now done my research, actually traveled to visit the church with my friends, talked with attenders and obtained other resources which have convinced me of this: I have no reason to be concerned about my friends attending Bethel church. This is a vibrant community of people passionately pursuing the will of God to see it accomplished "on earth as it is in heaven". Is it perfect? Probably not, but what does the Bible say:

Where no oxen are, the manger is clean,
But much increase comes by the strength of the ox.

The "ox" in this case would be zeal with which people seem to be pursuing Jesus here and seeking His glory.

Regarding the issue of "grave sucking" that I referenced in my first post, this video just posted, and in it the pastor Bill Johnson directly responds to the issue: YouTube

During my visit there I experienced loving and welcoming people, excellent Biblical teaching, powerful worship and fairly common charismatic behaviors that I have been exposed to before (these might be somewhat uncomfortable for someone who has never been to a pentecostal church).

Anyway, I hope this benefits someone who may have heard some of the rumors like I did (but doesn't have time to travel and investigate like I have been fortunate enough to be able to do).

Grace Y.

Re: Bethel Church in Redding, CA
Date: August 08, 2017 05:21AM

Didn't realize my YouTube link was messed up. Let's try again: https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=NLq6O6tLzAc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.