Date: May 28, 2011 01:40AM

hey girl can you send me the web page link, please, I wanna check that out too

thank you,

jeff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Praise chapel...a cult?
Posted by: kingmankowboy ()
Date: May 28, 2011 01:50AM

My friend led me to this page, real interesting when the leader of praise chapel, although denying at every turn they are different and seperate from CFM (potters house) lists waymon mitchell the founder and leader of CFM as his number 2 influence, again they get caught in a lie,

[web.me.com]

jeff watkins

Posted by: silentnomore ()
Date: May 28, 2011 04:07AM

I have re-read the firsts posts on this thread starting in 2005, 2006 and I have to comment on the "The Throw-Up Church" in Montebello. It pains me greatly to admit that I counseled with this pastor and partook of this so-called "Deliverance Ministry" several years ago in the early to mid-nineties. When people say that they put trash cans at the altar and prayed people into throwing-up into them during altar call they are not exaggerating. That is exactly what happened.

This pastor seemed to only counsel women and we all had the "spirit of Jezebel." And/or several other spirits or demons depending on what kind of abuse we suffered growing up. He said he was a licensed counselor but funny enough I never saw or confirmed a license or any kind of degree. Back then I still believed whatever I was told. When you open yourself up to leadership and give them all the gorry details of your life and upbringing you are giving them cart blanche to manipulate, control and abuse you.

You think you are going "to be delivered" only to find out that alot of the emotions your went to get counseling for are now more pronounced and occuring more often because you have allowed yourself to mind-probed by people who are no better than fortune-tellers selling snake oil who make you more dependent on them. They use the most intimate details of your life to shame you into obedience to their agenda.

Last I heard this pastor and his wife and their church are under more scrutiny than ever and people are leaving; but somehow they still manage to drive around in a new Mercedes.

What I would like to know is why there aren't more people telling and sharing their stories regarding PCCF. I searched I don't see much but I'm telling you they are out there.

This is part of my healing process. When you read my posts these are annecdotal and my opinion. If they offend you then maybe you are on the wrong website or you are part of the PCCF disparaging comments police assigned by the headship of Praise Chapel.

There is not much to defend when so many can pretty much testify to what is happening - basically it really is a matter of public record. The leaders are just so arrogant they think this can go on and no one is ever going to say anything or they will never have to give an account for what they are doing to people who are searching for the True Gospel.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 28, 2011 08:43AM

To whom it may concern:

nawdew has been banned from this message board.

Posted by: alteredpilot ()
Date: May 29, 2011 05:03AM

rrmoderator
alteredpilot:

When you say "accountability" do you mean that your church has a democratically elected board voted upon by the general membership by secret ballot , which serves fixed terms, and has the power to fire and/or hire pastor?

When you say "financial transparency" does that mean your church publishes and distributes to all contributors an independently audited (by an outside accounting firm) annual financial statement/budget, which discloses in detail all salaries, compensation and all expenses paid out of church funds?

yes.
i do not doubt that our congregation is an anomaly in the fellowship, and because i have no business in any church i do not belong to, i cannot speak to how anyone else does things.

silentnomore
"I've been a member of a PCCF church for about 8 years now. However, our church does not carry the 'Praise Chapel' moniker in our name."

I am quoting altered pilot from his/her first post. If this is the case then I don't understand why you would even post on this particular site. In my opinion it doesn't make any sense. How are you a member of the fellowship if your church isn't called Praise Chapel? Does your church answer to the mother church in Huntington Park CA? Or Larry Neville ultimately?

There are a number of churches that are affiliated with PCCF and aren't 'called' Praise Chapel. including us, there are 2 others in our fellowship. we do not 'answer' to anyone. not Huntington Park, not Larry Neville. As to why I've posted on this site, i think i've made my motives perfectly clear. while there are folks whom have had negative experiences in PCCF churches, there are also many whom are experiencing something different, like myself. i understand that you and others have a viewpoint that is based on your experience, likewise so do I. because of my experience and the things i've observed in my fellowship, i would be remiss to let anyone who might read this forum believe that absolutely every Praise Chapel is the same as what you have experienced.

silentnomore
Something doesn't sound right to me. I'm glad you haven't experienced or think you haven't experienced the same things that we have but for you to end up on this site - your web search would have had to have had key words that would bring you here. This may sound paranoid but if I didn't know better I would think that you're pastor or a leader from the fellowship may have asked you to add a positive post. Based on what you posted - it still sounds like you pretty much don't know exactly what goes on in your church - its just that so far you are comfortable with what you allow yourself to see.

silentnomore, if you had read my earlier post you would already know how i wound up here, but just to make myself perfectly clear... a national group i belong to was trying to find a church or organization near coastal central florida to help a disabled veteran whom had reached out to us. i went to the praise chapel website to look for for a fellowship church in florida. i came up with the name a pastor (whom incidentally has posted in this thread) and googled his information. in that search his name came up in this thread. thats how i wound up here. without sounding like an attack, you are right, it is just paranoia.

I'm going to word this as carefully as i can, because my intention i not to insult you. based on what i posted, you cannot make any assumptions about about what i know about the church i attend. I know that it is difficult for you to believe that there is at least one church that is not only healthy, but flourishing, let alone believe that there just might be a handful. in reading your posts, i cannot see any reason to dispute the fact that you have had a negative experience, and that you expect everyone who reads this to believe that your experience is real and valid. however, you will not accept the fact that someone might simply and actually be a part of something that is different from your experience. i understand that it comes from a place of hurt, and i sympathize with you. but please do not project your experience into a situation you are completely unfamiliar with.

silentnomore
This is not an attack - its just my opinion. You said you read the whole 14 pages - well so did - and the only reason I could get through the whole thing is because I had many of the same experiences and could instantly relate to the others. If you are happy and have not experienced any of this then I don't understand why you would find it necessary to express your experience at such length and detail when you have nothing in common with the rest of us.

so are you saying that it is a pre-requisite to have your opinion if i wish to share mine? that is is not acceptable to say anything other that what you have come to say? sounds to me like you're doing the same thing that people on this board are accusing others of, but thats just my opinion.

i don't have to have anything in common with you to post my personal experience. nowhere did i see a rule which stated that you cannot post unless you share the negative opinions of some of the posters in this thread. in fact, the title of this thread is a question; a question to which the answer will be subjective, based on personal experience. my personal experience is different than yours. my right to post my experience is just as valid as yours. neither are necessary.

i'm not trying to argue with you about your experience, so please do me the courtesy of not arguing with me about mine. you have no more knowledge of my experience, my church, or the goings on there than i do of yours.

blessings.

Date: May 31, 2011 08:46PM

Dear Silent No More,

I did not realize that PC had sunk this bad into funkyness, I mean we all know they are out there, but throwing up in garbage cans, the old fall back on the deliverance ministry trick. could you please send me a private message and tell me which huntington park moron diciple is pulling this crapola.

It is scary we got caught up in this stuff huh, I never would have thought I was a mark for a cult, little long be dumb enough to pastor several churches in a cult. Scary, Scary, Scary Stuff.

Jeff Watkins

Date: May 31, 2011 09:03PM

Altered Pilot,

If you are associated in any way with praise chapel, you are not a healthy church or wont remain one, Its corrupting influence gets everyone who hangs with them. I get that you are an affiliate with praise chapel and do not go under the pc name, we had lots of guys and churches like you even when I was pastoring in the fellowship, sooner or later they get to you and you become cloned. Its like the old body snatcher movie, dont fall asleep in the light, or pow, praise chapel pod person.

Now if you are someone else pretending to be an affiliate, but just being a pc flunky, thats ok too, either way keep reading these posts, maybe somewhere the light will come on and you will run from the fellowship, run for your life and not waste years in something very dangereous and evil.

Jeff Watkins

Date: May 31, 2011 09:33PM

Frank,

What you said about praise chapel not following the sheparding movement is false, they just changed the name a few years ago, they recommended a book entitled, the armour bearer, this was a new spin on shepherding, it still goes back to being your pastors slave and doing all you are told to do without question.

So keep on spinning the praise chapel doctrine my friend, cause there aint no one here buying it anymore.

All these words are interchangable, it really is all semantics, cult, armor bearing, shepherding, praise chapel, pottershouse, all interchangable dude.

Jeff Watkins

Date: May 31, 2011 09:38PM

Funny,

The questions no one has asked,

1.why did mike nevelle leave the pentecostal church of God?
2. did he leave on his own or asked to leave
3. what is the nevelle history with other churches before founding praise chapel and larry nevelle entering the potters house?

I talked to mike years ago about the fellowship he left before founding praise chapel, he did not want to discuss it. I should have known then, that is was time to research and investigate someone I was getting involved with.

things that make you go hum

jeff watkins

Date: May 31, 2011 10:50PM

Altered Pilot:
This is a quote from you to silentnomore:

silentnomore, if you had read my earlier post you would already know how i wound up here, but just to make myself perfectly clear... a national group i belong to was trying to find a church or organization near coastal central florida to help a disabled veteran whom had reached out to us. i went to the praise chapel website to look for for a fellowship church in florida. i came up with the name a pastor (whom incidentally has posted in this thread) and googled his information. in that search his name came up in this thread. thats how i wound up here. without sounding like an attack, you are right, it is just paranoia.

I'm going to word this as carefully as i can, because my intention i not to insult you. based on what i posted, you cannot make any assumptions about about what i know about the church i attend. I know that it is difficult for you to believe that there is at least one church that is not only healthy, but flourishing, let alone believe that there just might be a handful. in reading your posts, i cannot see any reason to dispute the fact that you have had a negative experience, and that you expect everyone who reads this to believe that your experience is real and valid. however, you will not accept the fact that someone might simply and actually be a part of something that is different from your experience. i understand that it comes from a place of hurt, and i sympathize with you. but please do not project your experience into a situation you are completely unfamiliar with.

You tell silentnomore not to project their experience in a situtation, of course we are going to project our experiences into all situations, afterall this was part of our brainwashing by praise chapel.

And then you wonder why people might suspect you are really nothing more than a planted spy on this forum: Which is ok too, I am hoping all with the right or wrong intentions get some center and truth from here, and if you were paying attention mr. altered pilot you would notice that there is a common thread to most folks posting here, all the stories are simular, hold the same stories and abuse, and most folks here feel the same way, we dont trust anyone.

So I will pose the same question to you that silentnomore posted: IF YOU ARE SO HAPPY AND YOUR CHURCH IS SO HEALTHY, WHY ARE YOU STILL POSTING HERE? If you were really looking for information for a disabled vet, all you had to do was read a couple of postings to know you would not find that information on this site, and yet you remain here. Sorry my friend, you sound like a plant, really I think your church is a praise chapel and we see wolves in sheeps clothing real well now. We are trained, we are educated and we are aware of you.

Now feel free to call me paranoid too, but I call em like I see em.

Jeff Watkins

Current Page: 16 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.