Current Page: 11 of 27
Praise chapel...a cult?
Posted by: Joyce ()
Date: February 05, 2007 06:57AM

So you want to say that PC isn't a cult. Wow, I don't think you could be any more wrong. My sister and her husband have been involved in this church for two years now. My sister and I have never fought before, but after an altercation I had with her controlling husband, I received this letter from her. Please read it and explain to me where she's getting ANY of this from, and how it's even possible that she's not being controlled by this mockery of an onrganization.

To my Beloved Sister,

Joyce, I'm sorry that Jason hurt you. I'm sorry that I haven't called you, but really I feel that your attitude towards me has changed since your argument with Jason and I really can't deal with it, as I have too many other things to deal with. I know you are hurt by the things that Jason said to you. I'm sorry that you had to see him like that. Jason has many faults. He's far from perfect. He's supposed to be taking medication, but he doesn't. He's supposed to see his therapist more, but he's not doing that either. I'm trying to get him to go at least every other week, but he keeps postponing it. He gets paranoid, and it's not your fault, but you bring something out of him. You see, he's already insecure, andd you make him feel more insecure. The reason for this is because you left Noel, and probably deep down he believes that you had the right to, but externally he disagrees with it. The reason he disagrees with it is because if you have the right to leave Noel, then maybe I have the right to leave him. That's his deepest fear. So, in a way, you represent his deepest fear.

The Bible states in 1 Peter 5:8: "Be sober, be vigilant; Your enemy the devil prowls around like a rnarann lane dnnkinn for soinepi;rm to devnur." You see the devil roams about the earth looking for a slight weakness. When he sees one, he pounces. The devil saw and opportunity and went for it. I'm not trying to make any excuses for Jason's behavior. I'm just trying to help you to understand what really happened, and why.

Jason and I are in a spiritual battle. I know that this doesn't make sense to you, but let me try to explain it a little. Just because someone is a Christian, doesn't mean that they cannot be influenced by demons, especially when they already have such a strong hold on a certain person and/or family. There are such things as Spiritual Warfare, Demons, and Generational Curses. They are specifically mentioned in the Bible. These are things that my Pastor doesn't even hardly talk about, but things that I have read about, and talked to people about. I believe that this is what happened to Joe, and because the people he went to see about his condition didn't have proper education or knowledge of this subject they sent him away. If they had been properly educated regarding how to deal w/this, he may have been saved.

Jason's therapist is a man who knows of these things. He is a Pastor in another Praise Chapel. He trys to work with him to break the curses that are against us in our lives. He trys to help him free himself from the demons that are constantly attacking him. But time and time again, Jason falls for the devils tricks and fails. I'm hoping that he will be freed from his bondage at some point, but I'm not sure if he will ever be truly free. The only way he can do this is by totally surrendering his life to God, and so far he has not done this. God cannot work through him until he does this. The demonic forces within him are strong. They have what is called "a strong hold" on him. They know how to push his buttons and get him going. I can see it happening, but once he starts spinning, it's hard to get him back.

This is what satan does to people. It is all very well organized and calculated on his part. This is why the world is the way it is. Every time you see something horrible on the news, know that Satan was behind it. When you cannot understand how someone can kill someone, or rape someone, or molest a child, know that it is because of the demonic forces that are at work in this world.

Jason and I represent a potential church. A potential church represents souls saved, marriages saved, healing in the land, people getting off drugs, people learning to love instead of hate, etc... Satan does not want to see us succeed. He wants us to fail. Not only does he want us to fail, he would love to see us crash and burn. He doesn't want us around you either, because we
Page 1 of 4

may draw you into Gods kingdom, and he doesn't want that. So, this was a way for him to kill two or three birds with one stone. 1.) Jason acts like and idiot for all to see and ruins his testimony w/several people. 2.) You are so ticked off that you don't want anything to do w/him and apparently the kids and I are included in this. 3.) I may be so upset by this that it causes problems in our marriage, ministry, etc...

Initially, this was my reaction. However, I'm able to forgive my husband. I love him, and I know that I'm meant to be with him. This is where God wants me. I know what our purpose in this world is, and I'm not going to let Satan try to destroy what God has sent us to do. I know you don't understand a lot of what I'm saying, but I'm praying that one day God will open your eyes, and you will be able to see things with clearer understanding.

I know that you have many hurts in your life. I know that you have been mistreated and abused. I know that you have suffered great losses. I have suffered these things as well. However, there is a huge difference between you and me. You harbor bitterness in your heart, and I have forgiven those that have hurt me. Yes, even our grandfather I have forgiven. I had too. It's the onlv way to true freedom. Mark 11:26 states "if you hold anything against anyone, for~-ine him, so that your Father in heaven maye foigive you your sins. " How can we expect our father in Heaven to forgive us of our sins, if we cannot forgive others? Is our forgiveness greater than Gods?

I'm not saying this to exalt myself over you. I'm trying as best I can to find the words to help you understand these things. I know at times you feel lonely, alone, empty, cold, tired, sad, angry, unloved, unappreciated, etc... I know that at times you feel despair in your heart? I believe you must feel like maybe you are missing something, or a part of you is missing? I have watched you search and search for happiness over the years. I know you must feel some of what I'm speaking to you. Let me tell you sister, I love you. I do. With all my heart I love you and I
want to see you truly happy, for maybe the first time in your entire life. However, number one you have to be ready to go through a battle. It's hard to get rid of those demons who haunt you. You have to be willing to forgive those that seem unforgivable. True forgiveness doesn't benefit them, it benefits you. You are the one who will reap the benefits of it. You are the one who will be set free. Don't you long for peace?

I truly believe with all my heart that Satan has been trying to destroy you and your children from the day you were born. Before we were even born, we had a generational curse on us. This is why our family fell apart. "The children will pay foi• this sins of the parents who hate God to the third and fourth generations, but he will show love to those who love Him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations" (Exodus 20:5-6).

Are you going to let satan win? Are you going to continue to pass on this generational curse that our family was put under? At this point, you're not even putting up a fight. You're just conforming to the ways of the world. Believing all of their lies. It's ok to have sex out of
marriage. It's ok to live with someone too. Drugs are cool, drinking is.fun, having a child out of wedlock is ok, there are no real consequences for these things, it's all about what makes you happy, what you like, what you think is fun and ok. So, maybe that's what Rapists, Murders, and Child Molesters think. Maybe that's their philosophy. Are they wrong? Who's really to judge these things anyway? Of coarse I'm not comparing your sins to those; however the Bible states that God sees all sin equally "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." (James 2:10). The Bible states that God will righteously judge all who do not believe in his Son, and the only ones who will be saved are those who have accepted Him as their Lord and Savior.

Tell me, do you know where you will go if you die? If you died today, would you be in paradise with your savior? Or, would you go to Hell. What about Angela and Jessica? Where will they go if they die? I believe that if, God forbid, something happened to Tristan, he would indeed go to Heaven, but what about when he's 10, 15, or 20? Unless he's taught about the Lord, he will
not. "For the wages o f sin is death. " (Romans 6:23)

Maybe you don't care if you go to Hell. Maybe it doesn't scare you, or at least not scare you enough for you to change your beliefs. Maybe you don't believe in Heaven or Hell. Maybe you think like some people that Heaven and Hell are here on earth, or something to that effect. And that's fine. You can have any philosophy you want. It's called free will. God gave it to us and he'll never take it away. However, for me personally, I would rather live my life believing in these things to find out I was wrong, then to live my life the other way and end up in Hell. Hell is Hot and Eternity is a long time, and I cannot see myself ever being there. And let me tell you that Hell isn't the worse punishment you can receive. The worst punishment I can think of is to find your self in Hell with your children, and/or grandchildren telling you that they followed you there.

Maybe you think you are a "Good Person" and why would you follow a God who would send someone like you to Hell. First of all you cannot go to Heaven for being a good person, for who is to judge what is good and what is evil? The Bible says, "For ALL have sinned and fall shni°t of' the glory of God. " (Romans 3:23). What we judge or perceive to be good, is not good, for mans eyes are corrupted by the world, and our separation from God. Only God can judge good and evil. "If we say that we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and refusing to accept the truth. But if we confess our sins to God, He can be depended on to forgive us and to cleanse us fi^om every wrong. (And it is perfectly proper_ for God to do this for us because Christ died to wash away our sins.) If we claim we have not sinned, we are lying and calling
God a liar,.for He says we have sinned. "(1 John 1:8-10).

I don't want to see you or my nieces and great-nephew going anywhere but Heaven when they die. It's bad enough that I don't know where our father is. I couldn't live with myself, if something happened to any of you, and I didn't tell you these things.

The bible clearly states that the only way to enter the kingdom of Heaven is through Jesus "I am
the way and the truth and the Zife. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6). God loves you. He died for you. He died for Angela, Jessica, & Tristan too. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. " (John 3:16). He wants to wipe the slate clean and have a fresh start with you. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2°a Corinthians 5:17).

Do you want a fresh start? Are you ready to break the curse on your life and those of your children and grandchild? Are you ready to be free, to have peace, to be happy? All you have to do is say Yes. Just say Yes, my beloved sister. Yes, Jesus is Lord, Yes I believe in Him, Yes I know I am a Sinner, and need Jesus to cleans me. When you believe these things with all your heart and soul say the prayer on the following page out loud:

Heavenly Father, I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now to come in to my
life and be my personal Lord and Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the day's of my Life! Because your word is truth, I confess with my mouth that I am Born
Again and Cleansed by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amenl.!1

I hope you have now said this prayer, and received Jesus into your heart, and if you did CONGRADULATIONS. The bible states that when one person accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior, that all of Heaven celebrates. I hope that they are celebrating now. I hope that the next time I see you, you will be a new creature in God. Your salvation alone, cannot save your children, but it's a step in the direction of salvation for them. If they see you do it, then maybe they will as well. I will continually pray for all of you.

I wanted to let you know that I'm leading worship on Saturday (1/20) at Women's Ministry (it's like church, but there are oniy women there). It starts at 9:00am. I know it's short notice, but I hope you can still come anyway. I hope that even if you haven't received the Lord, that over time what I've been trying to tell you will sink in, and you will come to understand it one day. Either way, just know that I Love you and miss you and the kids. You all have presents waiting at my house. I wanted to take them to Angela's, but I just haven't had time. I hope to see and/or hear from you soon.

Love Always, Lorraine
"Enter through the narrow gate. F'or wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to fife, and onCy a few find it. "(,,-Watthew 7:13)

Options: ReplyQuote
Praise chapel...a cult?
Posted by: Frank Sumatra ()
Date: August 25, 2007 06:54PM

My wife and I have been attending a Priase Chapel church out here in Arizona for several weeks. I have to modify my comments about the nature of PC. In previous posts I have taken up for PC churches in my belief that they are not all the same, and certainly not all cultic in teachings & practice.

While I am still persuaded the church I have been going to here is not a cult, I have to say that there are some things that really bother me. For one this pastor was saved under Wayman Mitchell and he served as a CFM pastor way back before they left Foursquare. This pastor still has many things that are reminiscent of the old 'fellowship' when he was part of Christian Fellowship Ministries, pastoring a Door Christian Fellowship Church.

What I am trying to say here is the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. In many ways it's as of Mitchell is still in the wngs calling the shots from Prescott.

There is still an emphasis on tithing though maybe not as strong, but it's still something that gets a lot of pulpit time. There is also an emphasis of activities, night after night after night. It's toned down a bit compared to CFM.

The pastor authority issue has been mentioned in passing but not with the usual descriptor 'headship' which is one of the more heretical doctrines from Mitchell and his control freak pastors. The PC pastor just casually mentioned that God installs leaders & pastors in the church to rule over the people and they should pray for them. It was about a five on the Mitchell scale in regards to that abominable sheperding/discipleship distinctive Mitchell obviously stole from Bob Mumford, Don Basham, Derek Prince and etc (the Ft Lauderdale Five) back in the late 60's. Even though it was a small mention of this stuff my eyebrow still raised to my scalp!

Most offensive of all and the last straw for us was last Saturday PM service the pastor preached a message which holds the record for being the most redneck, most male chauvinistic piggish and the most women bashing misogynistic message I have EVER heard in my life! The whole thing was a blast of women in the workplace, women in the church and women in the home who don't know their place because their men are too sissified to put them in it. He told the men in the congregation they are supposed to fight and demanded that they start acting like they possessed the anatomy that defined their gender. He used rodeo cowboys as the example of men and even showed a brief filmclip of celebrity bull riding. The point is we are to ride the Bull - not the other way around.

I have never heard a message like this before and frankly I never want to hear another one like it. This guy made light of the meek whom Jesus said would inherit the earth and so on. I fully expect that swinging vines have been installed in the church by now for the menflk to swing on during service!

My wife was definitely insulted as was I! My intelligence and my spirituallity were both insulted and I will not go back to his church!

From what we gather this pastor is having a bad time with the City Council over some zoning laws or something and particularly a woman seated on the Council. All this talk about "fight" and not once did he quote any scripture to support any of what he had to say, not even "Fight the good fight of faith" or "put on the full armor of God" or any other relevant scriptures that could have been used as an object lesson to teach faith to his flock.

One thing more that really bothered me was the fact that unqualified people are doing things. Especially offensive to me is the fact the person in charge of the ministry of addictions/substance abuse program at the church has never had any substance abuse issues; he's never drank or taken any drugs. Perhaps the guy has secular college or something; I dunno.

In any event we will not be returning to this Praise Chapel to hear Pastor Redneck Biker! I cannot find a way to include redneck misogynist idealism into my theology! I expected him to play the race card any second!

I think I'll search for a church where you are expected to bring your own snakes!

Frank

Re: Praise chapel...a cult?
Posted by: pastorJW ()
Date: May 13, 2009 12:19AM

I've read some of the messages, now i want to give some answers that are the truth. I was there in the beginning of Praise Chapel and i am still there! I've been around since 1978.
Mr. Ross, feel free to contact me. I will give you the facts!
For those who are Calvinists i know your are already down on Arminian, trintiarian, pentecostal churches. So they fact that you cling to the tulip position doesn'tt make Prasie Chapel cult.
Origins: Maywood Pentecostal Church of God, Went i first walked in the door that's what is was. It became Maywood Praise Chapel, and then we dropped the name of the city. We sarted hiting the streets, Preaching and doing concerts in the Parks. The home Bible studies exploxed! We were growing when God spoke th the church to follow the book of Acts example. And we planted our first church in Ontario, Ca. We went to a youth meeting at the Pentecostal Church of God. It was there a lot of people didn't like the idea of planting a church and the different speakers through the day made little remarks against the new work. We then started to stay away from thier meetings. At the time we were hearing of reports of the Foursquare Gospel Churches in Arizona were into planting churches too. Our pastor Mike Neville started going to the conferences and taking top notch disciples with them. I went one year and could see a mighty move of God. (now you critics! listen up ! the Arizona Foursquare Gospel Churches (the Door in Prescott, Az. haven't left the foursquare Gospel association yet!) I was excited to see youngmen rise up and go to pioneer a church in a city and lead many to Christ! Our fellowship (PCCF) and Victory Chapel (now New Harvest) fellowshiped with the Arizona Foursquare Gospel Churches. Eventually The Churches in Arizona, pulled away from the Foursquare Gospel Churches, they turned over the buildings back to the FQGC., and rented thier own buildings. We continuted to fellowship BUT we were always independent. and a split came down in the late 80"s And the Door/Potter;s house shut the door of fellowship with us. The main issue was that many a pastor who rebelled to the authority of Prescott was removed and families were told not to associate with the "fallen disgraced Pastors" . Pastor Larry Nëville resigned over the things he saw going on and he left the CFM. The word was put out on Larry Neville. (Attention all, Stay away from Larry Neville!) And over this Pastor Mike Neville (Larry Neville's brother) said no, and we were "86ed".
Now wew have not been, not ever been a part or under the authority under Pastor Wayman Mitchell. You could say we were friends of that fellowship until they gave us the boot! This is 2009, our ties were severed in 1989, THAT WAS ALMOST 20 YEARS AGO! But i noticed that you'll like to bunch us together. Which is ignorance on your part.
Our doctrines are still Pentecostal,Trinitarian, Arminian, and just a wee little bit different in church government.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 13, 2009 10:50AM

PastJW:

Does each Praise Chapel have a democratically elected church government, i.e. elected boards that serve for fixed terms that can discipline and if necessary fire a pastor?

Is there a published annual budget distributed to all donors that discloses in detail all salaries, compensation and expenses paid out from church funds?

What educational requirements must pastors meet, i.e. accredited college degree and/or seminary degree?

Please spell out what denominational accountability exists that can hold each Praise Chapel accountable to agreed upon ethical guidelines.

What means do congregants have to address grievances concerning pastors?

Date: May 13, 2009 11:51AM

1. Each Praise Chapel is to have a democratically elected board. Now whether they follow that rule is to be determined by The Fellowship headquarters board. In other words they are suppoed to have one.
2.By law everyhting is to be recorded and put on paper, and each Praise Chapel is to get thier own Fed.I.D. Tax Number.
3. Some have college degrees, some don't (i have an associate in theology, plans to further my education are in the works) The Mother Church in Huntington Park, Ca. has an accredited Bible School and so does Praise Chapel Paramount, Ca. Alot of pastors were launched out early in the ministry with out Bible College training, They were relying on the anointing of the Holy Spirit and Prayer. Some have been very sucessful. It is my wish that the pastors and teachers of our fellowship attend a Pentecostal Bible College.
4. Prasie Chapel board of directors have had to step in and remove certain Pastors who were into open sin. A few cases I know of-Adultery, fleecing the flock financially, and on through the pressures of the ministry( that was his story) a Pastor was using herion again.
5. They can call the Headquaters in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. andaddress their concerns to the Leader of our Fellowship, Pastor Larry Neville who will do some investigation.
Thank You for your time
Pastor J.W.

Date: May 13, 2009 12:12PM

rrmoderator
PastJW:

Does each Praise Chapel have a democratically elected church government, i.e. elected boards that serve for fixed terms that can discipline and if necessary fire a pastor?

The Local Praise Chapel does not have the authority to fire a Pastor, we set up our organization like the Foursquare Gospel Church, The fellowship office or the mother Church sends the replacement pastor. And the Mother Church or the Fellowship board will "Pull" that pastor if it is deemed necessary.

Is there a published annual budget distributed to all donors that discloses in detail all salaries, compensation and expenses paid out from church funds?
There is supposed to be an annual Buisness meeting once a year to open the books to the menbership of the local body.

What educational requirements must pastors meet, i.e. accredited college degree and/or seminary degree?
We really don't have a policy on their education but there is always encouragement for a better education.

Please spell out what denominational accountability exists that can hold each Praise Chapel accountable to agreed upon ethical guidelines.
An agreement to follow the gidelines and if there is a breech,, and complaints are made. a full investigtion is made by the Mother Church or the Fellowship Board. One more thing let me be clear on the term the mother Church. The main Mother church is in Huntington Park, Ca. and I also use the term the mother Church for a Church that has planted Churches... Example: Los Angeles has planted over 50 churches, now one of the churches required the mother Church to step in and replace the pastor. That mother Church that planted that work would replace the Pastor with a new Pastor. If the mother Church did not have a canidate available then the Felowship board would replace the Pastor.

What means do congregants have to address grievances concerning pastors?
Call the Mother Church (the one who planted you)or call the Fellowship office in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.

Date: May 23, 2009 10:18AM

Mr. Ross:
There are a few "Praise Chapels"in the CFM, When we used to fellowship with them and a couple of pionering pastor's liked the name and asked if they could call their new works Praise Chapel, which at the time was alright with us, but after we got the "boot" we did not request a name change for those body's who used the name "Praise Chapel".
May I mke a sggestion, That when investigation the abuses of a particular Prasie Chapel churches being reported, a little questioning of Are they Afflillated with CFM or PCCF (of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.

Thank You, Pastor JW

Posted by: thefallenone ()
Date: July 20, 2009 05:58AM

I liked Praise Chapel. But lets say Praise Chapel did noT like me.....

I was reading all the post about Praise Chapel and I have to write this. i want to tell my story because it sounds a lot like the stories I have read. First off pastorJW i want to inform you that the abuse that i went through did occur at a Praise Chapel affiliated with Rancho Cucumonga CA or in other words Pastor Larry Neville. I Also WANT TO INFORM YOU THAT i WROTE A LETTER TO LARRY NEVILLE BUT NOTHING CHANGED AND THE PASTOR THAT I WAS UNDER IS STILL PASTORING.

Let me share my story. About six years ago I started going to Praise Chapel that was in CA. I went faithfully i paid my tithe i was involved in the worship ministry. The pastors were very nice to me referring to themselves as my spiritual parents as paul was to timothy in the Bible.

About a couple of months later i met a man at school and he started going to church and was highly involved in ministries. A couple of months later we were put into a place of leadership over a Bible study. And everything seemed good. After a year the man I met wanted to marry me and our pastors counseled us and told us to pray to make sure it was God. So we did and then we married a year and a half later.

As i write this my mind keeps telling me to just stop. all i can say is that me and my husband did not leave the church, that we attended for 6 years, but we were what they called "released" from our home church. it baffled my mind as to how this church could ask the most faithful members they had to leave the church. they had a problem with my husband because he was being rebellious. when in fact my husband was not being rebellious but was sick and tired of being treated like a doormat. when we would go to church the pastor would play mind games. if he was mad at you he would ignore you and be down right rude. if you said hi he would just give you this look of anger. This was labeled as "discipleship" but in reality it was not.

there was another couple that used to be in leadership with us. They left the church stating that they had prayed and belived God was leading them somewhere else . The pastors called this couple rebellious and stated that they did not here from God. After the couple left our pastor called the pastor that they left to and told them all about how the couple was so rebellious. he then told us to stop talking to the couple.

There are many more examples that I could give. Me and my husband were very hurt by this church. My husband believes that they are cult-like.

After we were asked to leave the praise chapel i wanted to find another one. but they all seemed to be the same. They emphasized preaching and no teaching. We actually went to one PC and the pastor said he was not a teacher but a preacher and that he seen no use in teaching his congregation ( full of new converts). it was all hype and no knowledge. all spirit and no truth of the word of God. God's word sets people free if it is not being taught how can people be delivered?

I have to admit that i am going to a praise chapel right now but me and my husband were listening to frank pastore on kkla last week and he was going through the check list of what a cult was and i could not deny that almost all the earmarks of a cult were what we experienced at the praise chapel we attended. and that is when i started doing research about the fellowship and was surprised to find a lot of people went through what we went through.

i even know pastors from praise chapel personally and they know how my old pastor treats people and yet they do not do anything. he is still pastoring and still running the church his way because he is the pastor and no one can question his authority. it is sad and it sickens me! Shame on all you praise chapel pastors that can not admit when one of your fellow brothers in Christ are not loving their flock but beating them and using guilt and fear to control people and they call it "discipleship"!!!!!

dear pastorjw there is no check and balances going on at praise chapel in regard to newer pastors and older pastors. they do what they want and say that they will answer to God. I DO pray for my old pastor that he does change or if not that the fellowship, that you belong to for such and such years, wakes up and realizes that God does not like when pastors abuse their authority. but wait they say it is the member that is wrong and the pastor is never the one with the problem. That is what my pastor use to always say and that is what the pastor at the praise chapel i am attending says. Me and my husband were not just ordinary members at our old church we seen what went on between other pastors and how some of them did not get along and did not have unity amongst themselves sad!

is there a good praise chapel out there that believes and teaches the Bible the one and only truth. you tell me. i have been to about five now and they are all the same. i will not keep silent anymore

Date: July 21, 2009 09:11AM

Dear Young lady;
I want to be the first to apologise for the rough treatment you and your husband have received. It was never the intention of Pastor Michael Neville for the church or churcjes to act this way. Apparently some still have the heavy duty discipleship ways ala Prescott, Az. Now i believe in teaching and have always been a teacher and at times "put down" for my teaching abilities, ("don't ya know that we is suppose to preach and not teach?!") But those who ridaculed me are long gone and I am still around.
In the mother church there has been a Bible College since 1992? And i was an instructor there fore over 5 years ad received an Associate of Theology degree. These fellows that come down on teaching are showing their ignorance and bias. The word of God teaches us to "study to show thyself approved unto God" So these people who say they don't believe in teaching gift to the local Body are just plan nuts. If you are willing i want to suggest to You that you (if you live close to Huntington Park or Paramount, Ca.) that you move over to one of these sound churches. Both have a balanced Discipleship program and both have a Bible College. So there is a balance there between the two churches and i personally know the deans of Both schools and their views concerning a higher education.
I am presently reading a book on Ethics and will seat Down with Larry Neville and give him my reconmenations, It is my feeling that we need to have a good conduct and good ethics in order to grow and not offend the menbers of our churches and destrroy their faith in whom Christ Jesus Died for.
We will be praying for your recovery and ask you not to dwell so much on the hurts but dwell upon the Heavenly Healer !
God Bless You, Love Pastor J.W. Downey, ca.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 21, 2009 09:55PM

pastorJW:

How is the bible college you mention accredited?

Is its accredited in the same process as are schools such as Fuller Theological, Moody or Wheaton?

Please explain how degrees from the bible school you mention are accredited and by what accrediting body specifically.

Would an "Associate of Theology" degree from the school be accepted by schools such as Fuller and Moody towards a higher degree within their programs? Would the associate degree be recognized for credit by a state college or university?

Current Page: 11 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.