Current Page: 25 of 27
Re: Praise chapel...a cult?
Posted by: silentnomore ()
Date: July 17, 2012 02:27AM

Never a dull moment.

It never ceases to amaze me how that pc blames people who left for other people leaving. Never taking responsibility for what they do to cause these people to leave in the first place. Its always someone else causing the problems or the leaving or the turmoil that is a constant. Never them.

Oh and prayer meetings or should I say the meeting together to speak destruction over those who have the strength to separate themselves from the demonic deception that is their doctrine and structure. Does that sound biblical to you? They justify their behavior with the Word of God using scripture to back up their deeds. This is the very essence of deception that Jesus spoke of in the New testament.

If people are leaving maybe its time for some introspection. Maybe its time for them to ask themselves if it could be them. But that seems to never happen; especially if the church is the main source of their income and identities which is a total conflict of interest but that's another term that never seems to enter into their consciousness.

Its always the same old rhetoric "they left because they were in sin or bitter or angry or didn't want to pay their tithes." Same old thing. And if you do dare to leave they pray the most ungodly prayers over you because you are now their enemy and will take others with you. The reason a lot of people stay are because they are afraid to leave because they hear the prayers and the rumors that are spoken over the defectors. Did Jesus ever do that? Absolutely NO!

These people are pitiful but its hard to feel sorry them because of their thug-like behavior which makes them completely untrustworthy. If you have left and run into any of them; they will tell you all the gossip and whats being said about you at the church and act like they don't blame you; trying to get you to open up and then whatever you say they broadcast back to headship. The gossip they provide is actually what is really happening - so doesn't that mean they are doing the same thing that they are accusing you of doing? Oh, but that's ok because its for the good of the church.

Do whatever is necessary to protect and serve pc even if it goes completely against the Gospel they purport to preach. This the very definition of a hypocrite. This is the very definition of false preachers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Etta Mockenhaupt ()
Date: October 29, 2012 05:16AM

I've never been damaged by this church, but have, however, been severely wounded by those in the more conservative churches, such as the Conservative Baptist who have shredded my reputation from the pulpit, which has never been rectified and is still taking place within many of these churches today, which has made me suspicious of all cooperate churches.

I'm a godly woman who takes great pride in caring for not only my elderly mother, but also my husband whose fallen ill and it would be of great help to have a church body I could rely on; but instead I find support within online believers who not only give me the daily support that I need, but also hold me accountable when I need it which I'm truly grateful for.

As for Praise Chapel, I never had a problem with them personally, though I find myself there from time to time, where I know I won't get noticed and I can sit alone in God's presence to allow Him to heal those gaping wounds that have developed within my soul, like only He can do.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 29, 2012 06:09AM

Etta Mockenhaupt:

The key issues are meaningful accountability and financial transparency.

A safe healthy church has democratically elected government. That is, a board elected to fixed terms by the general membership. This should be mandated through the church constitution and bylaws and also evident within its corporate filings as a nonprofit with the state. The board would have the power to hire and fire staff, including the pastor, and manage church funds.

Financial transparency means that there is an annual published budget that is independently audited by an outside accounting firm. The budget is distributed annually to all contributors and discloses in detail all salaries, compensation and expenses paid out from church funds.

If you don't have democratic church government and financial transparency as described above, then the church has no meaningful safeguards and is potentially unsafe.

Date: January 08, 2013 04:38AM

Hi Everyone,
Couldn't help but notice this new thread. Also see: Praise Chapel...a cult?, and the ones that have Potters House or Wayman Mitchell in the the title.

Michael Neville was my pastor (and i am being generous) from 1987 until his death. I went to pc huntingtonpark ca for over 20yrs.

The brainwashing statement was merely a play on words in a few sermons over the years kinda like a joke in response to outsiders calling us brainwashed. He would say that yes indeed we were brainwashed that our brains had been cleansed because we were their in the church 24/7.

In my opinion he was not an apostle or a pastor or a preacher. He was just a man who from birth had been groomed in the tent revival era/bible belt to be a pastor/preacher with no credentials, education or accountability. He and his brother Larry came straight out of pottershouse/wayman mitchell. Albeit both of them have more charm and charisma than wayman. Split or no split praise chapel is a carbon copy of CFM/potters house. He and his brother were/are salesmen who made this pentecostal pyramid scheme lucrative for themselves and many others who do not have a conscience about living on others peoples money.

People were so devoted to him that even a comment like this brainwashing one almost became doctrine. What really blew me away the most; is he knew exactly what he was doing and knew about everything that was going on in the church but acted like he didn't and had nothing to do with it. He let his acolytes do the dirty work and take the heat. He had a whole group of people that he would compensate to do so. So he could maintain this image of being this peaceloving, friendly and righteous man of god. He knew exactly how seriously people took even the most so called benign statements; so if he was ever called to the carpet on anything he could say it was taken out of context or he was just trying to lighten the mood.

Posted by: pastorJW ()
Date: June 24, 2013 12:16PM

How nice to run down Pastor Mike Neville, So you say your a member for over 20 years at PCCF H.P.? So am I probably more years than you, and a teacher of New Converts, Discipleship One, the Cults Class, the Bible college, Sheepfold home bible studies and so on, I have never heard a pyramid teaching or known of Pastor Mike Neville fleecing the flock. I counted the offerings for a few years and there has always 2 people counting according to the federal laws. To say that Pastor Mike was a thief is just plain Hatred on your part. He was ordained by the Pentecostal Church Of God. and only left the organization when they gave him the cold shoulder. If you had been at H.P. for as long as you say you would know the facts. but you don't and you are making statements with no facts backing you. He also went to Bible College but again you said he's uneducated. PCCF were friends with the Prescott movement and I remember I said we think we ought to join up with them but He said to me, "no we are friends only" paid dirty workers come on now your stretching the truth about this.
If you care to know who I am, I'm Pastor Jerome Weymouth and I've been a member of PCCF H.P, since 1978, and around a lot longer than you

Date: June 24, 2013 09:40PM

pastorJW:

Again, the key issues are meaningful accountability and financial transparency.

A safe healthy church has democratically elected government. That is, a board elected to fixed terms by the general membership. This should be mandated through the church constitution and bylaws and also evident within its corporate filings as a nonprofit with the state. The board would have the power to hire and fire staff, including the pastor, and to manage church funds.

Financial transparency means that there is an annually published budget is distributed\, which is independently audited by an outside accounting firm. The budget is distributed to all contributors every year and discloses in detail all salaries, compensation and expenses paid out from church funds.

If you don't have democratic church government and meaningful financial transparency as described above, then the church has no meaningful safeguards and is potentially unsafe.

Date: June 25, 2013 05:59AM

[www.praisechapel.com]

I got a kick out of this.

Date: August 02, 2013 07:58PM

See [www.cultnews.com]

The Rick A. Ross Institute for the Study of Destructive Cults, Controversial Groups, and Movements has officially changed its name to The Cult Education Institute for the Study of Destructive Cults, Controversial Groups and Movements.

The new domain name entry point and gateway to the Internet archives of the institute will soon be culteducation.com.

The Cult Education Institute archives is a library of information about destructive cults, controversial groups and movements, which was initially launched in 1996 and has continued to be under construction and expansion for the past 17 years.

The public message board attached to the The Cult Education Institute will soon only be accessible through the domain name culteducation.com. More than 100,000 entries from the former members of destructive cults, controversial groups and movements and others concerned has accumulated at the board over the past decade. The message board content continues to grow daily and it serves as a free speech zone for those who wish to share their insights and concerns about the topics listed.

Date: June 09, 2014 09:05PM

Data lost through a backup failure some months ago has now been restored to this message board.

This board is also now open for indexing by search engines such as Google.

Information posted on the board should soon be appearing in searches as this is a public resource.

The data recovered and restored included many individual posts and some threads.

Lost membership registratio was not restored. Old members not currently listed must register as new members again in order to become active members of the message board.

Date: June 11, 2014 02:30AM

Hi Everyone,
Its been awhile...
There's definetly a lot going on especially in the church world. I see that praise chapel has been embracing some interesting new things. New for them or it's been going on for awhile but it's starting to come to light. As all things do in the Kingdom of God.

I would like to ask the congregants of pc fellowship: do you ever look up or research the people that your pastors bring to your church to preach or teach? Or find out where they get there research materials, recommended reading and ideas from? Or do you just accept it because they say so? Do you read your own Bible for yourself or do just receive from your pastors and leaders?

Why would you do that when the Word of God expressly tells us to "...test the Spirit and we shall know them by their Fruit?"

These are very basic and very important questions that people at pc are programmed not to even consider.

Here are a few interesting things that I have observed without really trying too hard to find. If I can find them anyone can. Therefore, I am not going to provide any links. Just follow the crumbs...

Ever heard of the Emergent Church, Ecumnenical Movement and Rick Warren?
How about Benny Hinn?
Or IHOP and Gnostic (New Age) Christianity? Mike Bickle or Jennifer LeClaire?
Or Mars Hill, Bob Jones or Mark Drischoll?
How about Potter's House, HillSong and Plantangent Family Church Australia?
How about the Hebrew Roots Movement?
The Shepherding Movement?
Contemplative Prayer or Spiritual Warfare?
Morning Star Rick Joyner, Cindy Jacobs or Todd Bentley? Spiritual Mapping?

Well these are things that anyone attending pc should be aware of because from what I have observed they have "been let in." And if you find yourself not understanding what is going on around you or seeing things that you do not recognize as the pure Word of God; maybe its time to start asking yourself: What's going on?

Now you may not have even heard of any of the above in the context above but they are in your church and fellowship and your pastors and leaders are embracing some if not all of the above. They just don't call them exactly what they are so on the off chance that anyone may actually have a mind of their own might recognize and question what is happening.

First know that pc is a family business, franchise first and always has been. Just like any modern company that wants to stay in business it changes and adapts with the times to stay relevant and properous. Thus embracing all of the above in a subtle way so as not to alarm the faithful.

Larry Neville quotes Rick Warren author of Purpose Driven Life and originator of Pastors.com. Find out what this man stands for it may conflict w/your convictions but he does have a mega church.

Praise Chapel Hollywood Florida is in the same building as IHOP FT Lauderdale and Jennifer LeClaire is part of the Leadership.

Praise Chapel Kansas City sent out Praise Chapel Chicago and the the Pastor was saved thru IHOP.

David Diga Hernandez is linked with Benny Hinn.

Ned Davies was a pastor at potters house australia then left to go to Hillsong and is now at Plantagenant Family Church Australia but also preaches at praise chapels. Bob Jones prophesied over this church. Bob Jones and Mark Drischoll are from Mars Hill (look them up and see what they are about). Larry Neville recommends a book by Mark Drischoll.

Has your congregation observed Passover or had Messianic Jewish teaching? Is there all of a sudden a lot of talk about supporting the current state of Israel? Trips to the Holy Land? Observing Shavuot? The Old Testament taking precedence over the New Testament?

Why does a praise chapel have the Eternal Flame for its logo?

One of the pc pastors has a charity that is linked to a irish canadian pastor whose fellowship is linked to Morning Star.

This is alot for now. But my question to you is "Do these things matter?"

Yes they do and you owe to yourself to find out.

Current Page: 25 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.