Current Page: 23 of 27
Re: Praise chapel...a cult?
Posted by: silentnomore ()
Date: October 06, 2011 08:27AM

who gets the tithes from the baby churches pc or the assemblies of god or both or do they just split it down the middle?

if pc is apart of the assemblies of god does pc pay tithes to them or does the assemblies of god pay tithes to pc?

might sound like ridiculous questions but this is how franchises work

i wonder if all the regular people in the congregations know just how many churches, fellowships and other denominations are paying into the pc empire while their own pastors keep bilking their own congregations for more and more of their hard earned money in this current economy?

think about it - pc is part of a much larger picture then what they admit to which equals a huge amount of revenue but they never cease to continue to demand more and more money and labor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2011 08:35AM by silentnomore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kingmankowboy ()
Date: October 07, 2011 08:14PM

Here is a useful checklist to determne if your church is cultish or has cultish tendencies: If you cannot answer each question honestly or without reservation, your church may have a problem:

The following checklist of cultic tendencies by Charles Lesser was published in the October, 1991 Spiritual Counterfeits Project Newsletter. They are typical of a number of aberrational cultic groups and churches on the scene today.
Is your pastor fully accountable to a board of elders, presbyters, etc?
Is loyalty to Jesus and to one's own calling placed before loyalty to pastor and church?
Does your pastor encourage questions and suggestions? Is he approachable?
Does your pastor give equal attention to all kinds of people in his congregation?
Does your pastor readily admit his errors?
Does your pastor avoid boasting or hinting at a "special anointing"?
Is your pastor truly humble?
Are the sermons based on clear Biblical truths, not on "original revelations" or ax-grinding?
Does your church interact with other churches?
Does your church staff avoid secrecy?
Is power shared in your church (rather than preempted by a hierarchy)?
Does your church see itself as just one organ of the Body of Christ, and not the main one?
Is your church truly friendly?
Does your church emphasize ministry to people rather than church programs?
Are especially needy people cared for lovingly in your church?
Are church members encouraged and loved even when they leave?
Are relationships with former members encouraged or allowed?
Do the pastor and congregation avoid attacking and using as object lessons, former members or those who disagree?
Are families encouraged to stay together and spend time together?
Does your family worship Sunday service include children, at least for part of the service?
Are you encouraged in your own calling?
Are pleas for money rare and unemotional?
Are your children happy to attend church?
Are you happy to bring unsaved friends to your church?
Is there a diversity of classes, races, dress styles, ages, and occupations in your church?
Are people encouraged to hear from God for themselves?
Is there a single behavior standard for all people in the church?
Are all types of people considered welcome at your church?
Is the joy of the Lord present in your church?
Are you free from fear in your church?
Do you think more about God and Jesus than you do about your pastor and church?
Does your pastor include himself in any calls for repentance and forgiveness?
Are you clear that the pastors and elders never exaggerate or lie to make themselves look good?
Is your group encouraging of each other and free from gossip and rumoring?
Is there a humility of doctrine that points to the grace of God and His mercy for sinners?
Are you encouraged to serve in ministries or missions outside the local body?
Is there ever any pressure put upon members to give or lend money to leaders for their personal or business use (exclusive of church business or projects)?

Date: October 08, 2011 10:32PM

Here is a post from Escape from the Fellowship: potters house that perfectly describes praise chapel. They are mirror images of each other.

[groups.yahoo.com]

After all these years they never defiate from their strategy because unfortunately, it still works.

Here's another one:

[groups.yahoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2011 10:46PM by silentnomore.

Date: October 08, 2011 11:19PM

I stumbled on this post; very interesting. Its regarding pastor howard pennington he pastors praise chapel kingman az. Its funny the poster is talking about him 30yrs ago when he pioneered in potters house. Its the same kind of behavior that kingmankowboy describes at lenght now. Perfect example of how some things never changed or ever changed. Coincidence? I think not.

[groups.yahoo.com]

Date: October 09, 2011 01:03AM

[groups.yahoo.com]

This is a great group to belong to if you are an ex member of the fellowship, thinking about leaving the fellowship or have serious doubts about the fellowship. It was originally intended for ex potters house people, but being praise chapel there is really no difference.

I have a mission, and that is too see these fellowships closed down and out of business, so that they cannot make any more victims. Again I am waiting to debate any of the PC pastors that want a go with me, I am here waiting on ya, so come on.

Jeff Watkins
kingman kowboy

Date: October 09, 2011 01:46AM

[wyattroberts.blogspot.com]

This is interesting, Larry Huch, now a big time word of faith cult preacher, has been reported as saying Jesus Christ is not the only begotten son of God. See the above posted link. As you know Larry is an ex pastor and leader of the christian cult the potters house fellowship,

Things that make you believe the apple dont far too fall from its start huh, kinda makes you wonder what praise chapel pastors are preaching or teaching to their congregations. By the way Praise Chapel Kingman Arizona pastor Howard Pennington and Larry Huch are great friends and play golf together sometimes. Again a house is known by its company.

Jeff Watkins
kingman kowboy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2011 01:47AM by kingmankowboy.

Date: October 09, 2011 05:02AM

I want to post thread from Escape from the Fellowship - its a truthful history of pc and potters house. I started going to pc in 1987 and remember wayman mitchell and his boys preaching at conferences, revivals and church services. Everything this guy is saying about the book Harvest Generation is true I read the original.

This is where pc came from. This is what pc still is. We have so many so called ex-potters house pastors in our fellowship that still follow the exact same game plan as potters house - how can it be said they ever left? I will say on some level pc is more subtle and have covered their tracks better that potters house but not by much.

[groups.yahoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2011 05:13AM by silentnomore.

Date: October 31, 2011 01:15AM

True Definitions of praise chapel "catch phrases" and words:

Evangelism & Outreaches: Recruiting new victims for their Pyramid Scheme

Church Planting: Opening a new franchise location to Recruit new victims for their Pyramid Scheme

Submitting to leadership as unto the Lord: Allowing someone who has an alterior motive (controlling your life and finances) to tell you every move to make

Covering/leader/sheepfold or Biblestudy leader: your handler (person who is responsible for the maintenance of your indoctrination)

If you are not tithing you are robbing God: If you are not tithing leadership can't pay their own rent; or make their car payment (for a car that is way better than yours) or not go on that vacation they were planning, etc...

If you do not submit to headship you are rebelling against God: you are intelligent have a mind of your own and are labelled a rebel and must be watched and browbeaten into submission so you can't contaminate those who are easily lead and controlled

I could go on and on but you get the idea. The longer I am out the more at peace I feel. I don't feel inadequate and anxious. I would go to church and always feel that I was letting God down and never doing enough for the Kingdom - or giving enough. I always felt worse when I left. That didn't make sense to me. It doesn't line up with the Word of God.

Date: November 26, 2011 01:27AM

Hi everyone,

In this time of Holiday celebration and great financial upheaval I would ask that you would take notice of the following: When attending any praise chapel church service, bible study, prayer meeting, men or women's dicipleship and/or any other congregation time I would like you to start a count and keep record of how many times you are asked for money (in any way shape or form). I would like you to be consciously aware that no matter what is being preached or in the timing of the service how it always go back to appeals for money; or how as a congregation you are not paying your tithes and offerings. I would like you to note the date and time of service and start a running tally throughout whatever type of service you are in; any mention of money, giving, pledging, anything that goes back to finances. I would like you to note how the sermon starts - what it is about - even if it starts out about something else - how the it always come back to money/giving.

Now they will say it was the Lord that led them that way; but think about it, the Lord is the Creator of the Universe do you really think He so desperate for your money that He would bring it up multiple times in every service?

If you take the time to do this objectively you will begin to see the pattern that has been in place for decades but is only becoming more prevalent due the current economic downturn. We do indeed live in perilous times and need to use caution and wisdom when it comes to our livelihood and support of our families. Don't not pay your bills, buy food, pay your rent and make needed repairs to your home and car so you can give your money to a church that preaches a false gospel and uses your collective offerings to live a standard that you cannot even come close to and then look down there noses at you like you are mindless peasants. I know this sounds harsh but if you really pay attention to sister neville and other leaders when they are in the pulpit this is exactly how they come across.

Take care of your children, homes, vehicles and families - save your money, Pray and read your Word and the blinders will come off.

God Bless you.

Date: December 12, 2011 12:42AM

I have a story.

Its not first hand experience. Its all from things I observed on the internet by googling certain names, phrases and places. Now, would you take all this information like it is the gospel truth or would you investigate and research it for yourselves? This is a very pertinent question due to the fact that most of us (when in the pc fellowship) did whatever we were told without question.

On the praise chapel international website larry neville is telling pastors to report and seek counsel from a CPA named Robert Lauzon. Most of them will do it without question without even researching exactly who this CPA is or where he comes from. His website is very neutral. When I googled him I found his website and it is professionally done and he and his wife deborah are pictured there. His picture matches the picture on the pc website. This office is located in Flagstaff AZ. Now for me this was a redflag but I still conceded it might just be a coincidence. Seeing how Flagstaff is in the heart of wayman mitchell/potter's house country but maybe I was just being a bit paranoid. (Aren't there any accountants in California)?

I wondered if Robert Lauzon went to a fellowship church or was part of a fellowship church but nowhere does larry neville state this. So I googled Robert Lauzon Flagstaff AZ and found that on other websites for business and/or accounting firms that he is listed as an accounting authority for Places of Worship and was a senior pastor for 16years. Senior pastor for who or what church or fellowship could not be found. Another red flag but still could be benign.

I googled several different phrases and names and combos of info until finally I googled pastors robert and deborah lauzon and low and behold up came a link to Grace Fellowship Full Gospel Church - they are home study leaders but when you click on the link the churches website comes up but they do not but there is a mike lauzon who also has a home group with his wife (maybe his son?). Now you may be saying So? and What's the big deal? As I did.

But when you google Grace fellowship and potter's house you get a link titled IRS Lien(paraphrase). Its on a website titled Life after Potter's House and guess what Grace fellowship used to be a Victory chaple and a potters house. Yeah it was 20years ago and they conveniently left potters house fellowship what about the same time as the IRS lien was happening but who cares. Oh and this particular potters house victory chapel grace fellowship just happened to be the treasury headquarters for the entire potters house fellowship but that was decades ago and they split. But considering all the history and websites proclaiming the abuses of this fellowship and the works it has spawned isn't all of this just a little too coincidental?

Now you could say that how do we know this is true? Well it would be a matter of public record and the website did provide copies of the lien but hey i guess that could be false also. I do find it interesting that they split was at the time of the lien but hey it could just be a coincidence. But here we are 20plus years later and now the head of the pc empire is directing all his pastors to report and take counsel from a CPA that attends a church with this history. Coincidence?

The pastor of this church is joe weidinger and he was a 2nd or third generation potter's house pastor. He has preached at praise chapel conferences and churches. Sister neville's father, Don McCamesh preached a couple of services in November for this church. I wondered under what fellowship is this church affiliated with? Its not on their website. So I googled it with praise chapel and wow something interesting came up. Praise chapel world outreach who has planted 9 full gospel churches (this is listed on a cached copy of its fcebk page). So now pc is affiliated with Full Gospel, Assemblies of God and Foursquare but somehow never really mentions it at the mother church or duing conferences?
Praise chapel world outreach is affiliated with praise chapel international at least that's what it says on their fcebk pg.

Everything I find is all on the internet but it took over an hour because its not just forth coming. I just don't believe in this many coincidences. Do you? I didn't provide any links because it can be done by anyone it you take the time. Bottom line all these churches, fellowships do is change their names and affiliations on paper but in my opinion it just one ginormous conglomerate where all their locations and outreaches overlap so if one doesn't get you the other will and they share a percentage.

Don't feel like Mickey D's today then go to Brgr King. It would be funny to find out there are all owned by the same parent company.

Just something to think about.

Current Page: 23 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.