Current Page: 21 of 27
Re: Praise chapel...a cult?
Posted by: silentnomore ()
Date: August 12, 2011 01:01PM

I would like to share some thoughts that have been coming to me; this may seem disjointed but they will be expressed the way the come out.

Leadership in praise chapel - there is such a decline in the attendance at pc huntington park and so many people who were once in leadership coming to their senses about giving over their entire lives over to the church that they do not have enough leaders. So now its whoever is willing can become a leader or be in ministry. To a degree it had always been this way anyway but even more so now. It doesn't matter if the actual leaders are actually having physical altercations with their own family members outside the church during service and the police are called. They will be able to continue their ministry and maintain their position. The victim will be encouraged not to file a restraining order against said leader because then that leader will not be able to attend church.

praisechapel.ning will no longer be up and running on the internet due to lack of financial support; yet pastor donna neville continues to travel the world on unnecessary missionary trips to places such as Iraq and Nicaragua with her inner circle during this severe recession and still appealing to the congregation for more money. The lady accompanying her to Nicaragua is from one of the most prominent families in the fellowship and has never dated, never been married, has only ever appeared interested in women and treats people terrible.

Her son pastor jason neville is the president of praise chapel downey - started with 10 longterm faithful tithing families from the huntington park congregation. Without ever having to know what it is to any kind of longterm employment outside of the church or ever having to pioneer pastor from scratch like so many other pastors in the fellowship. PC downey has jason neville listed as president and as an independent entity separate from the fellowship with no board of directors or any one else to be accountable to. its a business that has been made to look like a church. Separate so when it flourishes - its his and his only - no matter who the leaders are in the church. Look it up on the internet (let me know if I'm wrong).

There are pastors who are pastoring right now that have been caught in adultery on more than one occasion but because they are part of one of the main families in the fellowship and/or get the job done they are allowed to still pastor. Living in houses that are much nicer then their congregants. Traveling and living the good life. They have children from previous relationships that they have never acknowledged or supported.

The people at pc hp treat each other with such contempt that it is appalling to watch. They are in such competition with each other for the favor of pastor neville, her family and inner circle they will stop at nothing to throw each other under the bus. All the while manupulating the people they are leading to fit the praise chapel mold and get the results necessary to keep the church running. There is no confidentiality - anything personal that is shared is discussed and dissected in order amongst leadership in order to keep that person pliable to the needs of the fellowship.

There is a current pastor that has been pastoring for over twenty five years and has lived with his wife and another woman for at least 15years yet no one ever directly says anything. It always been a joke that this pastor has two wives.

I could go on and on but this is enough for now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ravenbynight ()
Date: August 13, 2011 12:36PM

I am always bouncing back and force with my opinion of Praise Chapel and it is really sad I know. Sometimes I think of all the fun times that I had and then think that there are actually people that they are helping and these people go on to stop using drugs and live productive lives. Then other times I think about how they have also damaged lives and are not held accountable for anything and I start becoming a little bitter. Today I was listening to the radio and heard a shout out to PC westminister and it turned my stomach. I was like they are getting recognition and infiltrating real christian events not just pc ones and I was just super upset. I think to myself the people that only get chances are the ones related to the head leadership or the pastors in some way everyone else is really just their to be their slaves and it is sad and disheartening I wish there was a way to get the word out about just how horrible praise chapel is and how they damage many lives but at the same time I do not want to live in the past and live in bitterness and waste the little life I have left. What do you all think?

Date: August 14, 2011 12:53AM

I think what you are feeling is normal and valid. I believe that you had good times and experiences there; I did too. There are still people their that I care about. When I think about going somewhere else and starting over after being their for so long its intimindating and frightening. I have weak ambivalent moments also. Eventhough the things I post happened and still continue to go on and is a matter of public record amongst many - I still feel guilty at times for exposing them. But they are true.

I wish they weren't. Bottom line pc is a cult, mlm, franchise and false doctrine machine. Are the good times and people we care about enough to justify staying somewhere where we were mentally, emotionally and financially manipulated and abused? NO. Are we bitter and angry? Yes. But I don't believe we will stay that way when we have the true Word of God in us. Getting over this is a process. It takes time with various stages of grieving. We have good days and bad days. I'm rolling with the process. I pray about it. When I have weak moments when I think I am making a big deal out of nothing - I read others posts on other threads on this site that have nothing to do with pc and the behavior and tactics used by other cults are the same. How can we all be wrong? Especially when all our stories are so similar.

All I can say is try not to be so hard on yourself and find things that you like to do. Invest in yourself and enjoy your life and when you feel bad about pc give yourself a block of time to think about it/process and then put away for awhile.

I hope this helps.

Date: August 14, 2011 01:48AM

We are getting the word out; on this forum. It will be here when others are ready to see and read it.

When breaking this kind of mind control (especially after so many years of being under it) its painful. When we were in pc everything was so urgent; so do or die; right now; never enough. They always have you afraid that you are being bitter, angry and rebellious when you don't completely agree with them. So when you begin to break the bonds and see the truth you do feel bitter and angry which is logical when you consider what you have allowed yourself to become a part of. By instilling so much fear of these emotions and equating them to how you view the Lord - it keeps us under their influence and thereby we reject a healthy view of questioning and seeing if what they say and do lines up with the Word - we are always thinking we are in sin and rebellion. Thereby keeping us right where they want us.

Just because we feel a certain way one moment doesn't mean that we will always feel that way. Jesus meets us right where we are - the way we are and doesn't exploit us. That's the beauty of the True Gospel. Not what they teach. I'm not afraid to admit that I am or have been bitter and angry about all of this because I know that I'm not like this all the time and that the Healing Virtue of Christ is in both of us and others.

You may feel that you have "...little life left." But I want to encourage you that the "Lord shall deal bountifully with you. Jesus came to give us life and life more abundantly. Occupy till he comes. His yoke is easy and His burden is light."

We are breaking through false doctrine and mindsets that have heavily influenced every aspect of our lives for years. It doesn't just go away - it takes time and patience with ourselves. It's ok to feel the way you do.

Posted by: kingmankowboy ()
Date: August 14, 2011 02:01AM

Just keep going guys, stay up beat and positive, dont allow them to steal anymore of your energy. They will never change, they like the power and control. Just keep telling the truth about them, You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

I appreciate you folks. God bless and hang in their, hold your heads up high

jeff watkins

Date: August 25, 2011 01:23AM

I can't just let this go; pc is leading people astray for their own personal gain. Its a travesty.

One of the main reasons the so-called leaders will not answer kingmankowboys challenge or respond to other testimonies is because they know they are true. They can say that they are above responding to this forum but I can tell you that this is not the real reason. These posts are true. They think by not responding its all going to go away that we will all just disappear. Or they will label us as loosers, bitter and/or backslidden. They also know this is not true.

Its all going to come out - actually its already out - its just a matter of time before more sheeple wake-up and start thinking for themselves and see the discrepancies between the way they live and leadership. Actually all anyone has to do is read their Bible for themselves and compare what the Word says to what pc is doing and the veil will fall from their eyes. pc has their own agenda (always has) and just throw the Bible in out of context to justify what they do.

I was reading Yahoo Groups - Escape from the Fellowship - Potters House and the old-timers there were posting about how several people split from them and started their own fellowships pc being one of them and how eventhough they split from ph they are still fundamentally the same in regards to doctrine, giving and discipleship. This is so true. But newer people have never heard of potters house or have been given a sanitized version of the history of the fellowship so they have no idea what they have allowed themselves to become a part of.

But I would pose these questions to them: If you are on unemployment or had your hours cut and can barely pay your bills from week to week; month to month and you are constantly being pressured to give more than 10percent off your gross pay to a church where the leaders drive new cars, motorcycles, have new clothes and don't work a secular job; and look down their nose at you if you are not at every service; travelling all over the world and remodeling the church offices (oh but the congregants aren't often invited into the offices); wouldn't that make a red flag go up? The leaders are always telling you to give and you are still struggling but they always seem to be able to go out to lunch, constantly throw parties and their grown children don't have to have secular jobs because they work for the church or the fellowship? Or they tell you to live a certain way but do not hold themselves or their inner circle to the same standards?

This is just basic common sense that unfortunately took me years to absorb - I understand how difficult it is. When you wake up you feel like such a fool.

pc and other fellowships like them never change their strategy because it has been very lucrative for them. They will say: "if this wasn't the Lord then how could they be so blessed?" Well, I'll tell you. They just look blessed but in reality they are living a lie and soon it will all be exposed - their so-called success is only for a season. It may seem like a very long season but a season nonetheless. These people are deceiving themselves and we should pray for them. I'm not trying to get all super spiritual all of a sudden but the Bible specifically addresses this. Woe unto them if they do not wake up and repent.

Date: September 06, 2011 02:28AM

"Do as i say not as i do."

We have all heard this saying - oftentimes in regards to raising children. We tell them who and what to be; what to do and what not to do. But then we wonder when they are grown why they turned out the way they did or suffer the way they do or why they never took us seriously. Well, obviously actions speak louder than words. We can do all the talking and preaching we want but if our lives do not match what we proclaim then its all in vain.

The Bible states that "the Lord is no respecter of persons..." and that he loves us all the same. If pc really does preach the true Gospel then why is there such pervasive elitism in their fellowship? Why can leadership continue to live such a double-standard of righteousness? Why can they continue to lie on their income tax, participate in borderline and not so borderline criminal activity and still maintain their ministry? Why are they allowed to victimize and manipulate the very people they claim they are trying to help?

I don't think they understand that when you say that you are a steward or proclaimer of the Gospel that you are held accountable for your actions. I don't think they understand that when you tell people to live the Word and then profit off it and not live the same way they are living a lie and bring shame to Gospel. I don't think they understand that when you control, dominate and intimidate people into doing what you want them to do that they grieve the Lord.
I don't think they understand that when they use the Word to justify their own agenda and take it out of context to deceive that they are no better than the false prophets in the Bible.

When a church has leadership that are not held accountable to Biblical standards but reap the benefits of the ministry this is elitism. When a leadership position or genealogy guarantees immunity from accountability this is elitism. When leadership doesn't feel the need to respect laws of the country they live in because they feel they being persecuted instead of reaping what they have sown this is elitism. When they can justify all sorts of ungodly behavior because of who they are this is elitism.

From the beginning the people at the top of the pc pyramid have insulated themselves with acolytes. They find and groom people who will do anything for them. Some of these people truly believe they are doing it for the Lord but most of them know exactly who they are doing it for. These people become the inner cirlce and do damage control and take the blame for the real people in control. Its all smoke in mirrors. They are puppets with a false sense of authority given to them by the real leaders who hide behind them and run the show. The people who run the show will say something different to everybody they talk to (whatever that person wants to hear at the time) oftentimes its during a counseling session and the person is very vulnerable and they will appear so compassionate and understanding. Then they will turn around and use the information they gleaned from them against them and have the inner cirlce meet out the discipline or sanctions and then act like they don't know anything about it. Plausible deniability.

There have been so many in the inner circle who have been tossed aside after their usefulness has been used up or they start to have their own problems and they become more trouble then what they are worth or actually end up needing help. I have seen these people literally destroyed. The very things that they sold their souls for to the idol of pc leadership actually are they things that bring them down. The leaders they worshipped and obeyed are the very people who turn their backs on them and start rumors about how they knew they always had problems but wanted to give them a chance anyway because thats what the Lord would do.

The former acolytes are victims too. Even the leaders at the top who perpetuate this are their own victims but don't see it. The Lord loves us all the same and He doesn't want to see anyone deceived. I believe that the people at the top read this forum and I would say to them - you know this is all true. Read your Bibles, Pray and Repent.

Date: September 19, 2011 01:39AM

What never ceases to amaze me is that the so-called leaders at pc think that they can stop people from talking about their experiences at pc. they seem to think they can still control people even within their own congregation. the more they try to cover things up the more likely they are to come out and they never seem to get this.

I think its because they have created their own alternate universe where they continue to be the supreme beings and everyone else are just the sheeple that enable them to live as royalty. i think the sheeple are starting to realize that this alternate universe is just a big lie and they are waking up from the deception.

People are talking, blogging and communicating with each other we are not all brainwashed.

I found this by accident and I would love someone from pc to clear this up for me:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 02, 2011 12:06AM

I have a question that we should all ask ourselves:Do we believe that the Lord would give us a Gospel that is completely unattainable? Do we believe that the Lord would give us His Word and then make it completely impossible for us to live by it unless we adhered to certain conditions and stipulations? Unless we performed a certain way or gave everything we have so He could then love us? NO

Then why would we go to a church that preaches that unless you give what we tell you to you will not be blessed? Unless you are in church everytime the doors are opened you are not saved. Unless you completely submit yourself to headship you are in total rebellion and on your way to hell. Unless you attend prayer meetings and contend for your faith and engage in spiritual warfare; repent for the nation you are only being a non-productive, pew-warming christian who does nothing more that take up space in the church. That there is only a select-few who are called to this special-anointing and the gifts of the spirit.

This is what is called performance based christianity and it is a FALSE gospel and leads to total bondage. When you go to church and feel 10times worse and under heavy condemnation when you leave then something is terribly wrong.

Read the 4gospels and Romans - the Grace of God is none of this.

Praise Chapel has been preaching this false gospel for decades. Now that the economy is what it is the money isn't coming in like it used to and I'm hearing that they ask for money even more aggressively than they did before (didn't think that was possible) preaching that everyone needs to repent for not paying their tithes and that they are robbing God. They have always preached this but now I guess they are really starting to feel it.

I would ask, if the money is drying up could there be a reason? Could it be that people don't have as much as they used to? And if that's the case, is it because they are holding out or because they just don't have it to give? Where is the faith for supernatural provision in the leadership? Have they asked themselves why is it drying up? Could it be that its because they preach a false gospel? Could it be that maybe the lifestyles that they have grown accustomed to with other people's money is coming to an end and they are actually going to reap what they have sown?

Pastor Neville sent out her newsletter asking everyone to give to Ethiopia and their designated Sunday for missions and also to start financially preparing for Harvesters Homecoming that will be here in about 6months. The couple that are digging wells in Ethiopia need more money because they need more equipment and they are facing obstacles from the government. Based on the years of experience I have had with pc - I would ask how do we know this is even true? How do we know they are actually doing what they say they are doing? Just because the pastor says so? Now a few years ago these questions would never have entered my mind but things have obviously changed.

After years of giving money to start churches and then never hearing about how they dissolved until the pioneer pastors just reappeared years later in our congregation or they never returned we just heard it through the grapevine that the church never made it. One has to wonder so what happened to all the money?

Let's look at this another way. I don't have a problem helping people in need but why would a person who is struggling themselves give 10% or more of their gross to build wells in a country thousands miles away that doesn't even want them there without actual documentation or proof that said pastors are really there in the first place?
And it never ceases to amaze me that no matter where any of these pioneer pastors go there are always so many obstacles that we have to keep sending them money to fix them. If that is true maybe its because they shouldn't be there in the first place. Or could it just be part of the Con?

Now about Harvesters Homecoming. The congregations are expected to give to this starting now and all the way through on top of all the others things that are brought to their attention. That's alot of money. What I want people to think about while their struggling to get to service every night for 5nights straight and all day for 3; is that the leaders get to stay in hotels nearby; eat out the entire time and fellowship allnight and all day on your dime while you have to go work (if you didn't take your vacation time for it - which i did for years), get your kids off to school when they can't wake up and didn't do their homework and eat fast food all week in your car on the over there and then pay for parking. Oh and then once you get there your supposed to work the conference. All while the pastors walk around like celebrities. I wish this was just sarcasm on my part but unfortunately its not. Its the truth. I did it for years.

I'm not even scratching the surface. I feel so bad for the people who see the truth about all of this but continue in it anyway because they have been doing it for so long they don't know how to do anything else. Its been their whole lives for so long they don't know how to have free time or their own thoughts - they have been brainwashed to believe that if they did its an act of rebellion against the Lord. They don't feel right unless they are busy for the church because its become their entire identity. But all the while their common sense wars agains this and they are torn. The Lord does not work this way.

Posted by: kingmankowboy ()
Date: October 02, 2011 07:01AM

What you guys have to remember is we were spoon fed a total boatload of pure, unadulterated bullshit, they played on our fears, hopes, dreams and emotions. This is a well oiled machine, with leaders who have had years to perfect the art of deception. This has nothing to do with the Gospel, Christ, God or the kingdom of Heaven. It has everything to do with power, control, deceptioin and greed. There is nothing good about it,

I want y'all to remember some key points Jesus stressed about the kingdom.

1. We are saved by grace, not by works.
2. We are all (I repeat) all accountable on judgement day
3. Jesus, not the fellowship laid down his life for His church
4. Jesus said, " His sheep will follow His voice, and no other"
5. Jesus said, " Pure religion is this, That you love your neighbor as yourself, and love Him with all of your heart"

Listen folks, the time has to be shortened, or the very elect themselves will be deceived, In the last days, men shall be lovers of self, greedy, lustful, users.

Larry Neville, Mike Neville, Pop Neville, Donna Neville, Carl Friedrich, Johnny Dorris, and all the rest of the pharasees are cowards, liars and users. They are going to give account, the day of reckoning for these folks is coming, and God have mercy on their souls.

So don't look back, run, run, run as far away from these pieces of shit, just as fast as you can.

Jeff Watkins, kingman kowboy
Former Pastor of Cult Chapel.

As the old fellowship joke goes: You know whre liars go? Praise Chapel.

Current Page: 21 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.