Current Page: 63 of 204
R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: Juker ()
Date: September 09, 2007 01:32AM

My goodness, that's some news. I haven't heard of this book, I'll have to look for it.

I'd like to clarify an early post, in which I stated that RBTjr had led thousands to the Lord. In his early ministry, he continually taught that salvation was based solely on our receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior; 'not of works, lest any man should boast'. I did not intend to endorse, condone, or agree with his blatherings regarding the blood of Christ, as I am well aware of his bizarre departure on this vital issue.

In my later life, I have come to believe that God has used Berachah Church as a launching pad for those seeking true faith and service to the Lord. Unfortunately, this quest comes through a parting of ways with the teachings of Thieme. Since leaving BC in 1984, the greatest Christians I have encountered - without fail and without exception - are the simplest of people who are quietly going about the Lord's work. Witnessing, visiting, feeding the poor, spreading the gospel of salvation, always eager to speak of their faith and with immense prayer lives. Some of these people have been pastors of small churches, who know God put them there to minister to their community and not seek international status. Others are barely literate and of meager means, but with greater faith and a stronger walk with God than anyone I ever knew at BC.

My point is: Study your Bible for yourself. Find a church where the pastor wants to preach the true Word. But don't get so lost in studies that you lose sight of what you're studying FOR. God requires faithful, selfless service from us.

[i:feb4e5516a][b:feb4e5516a]"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than sitting in your garage makes you a car."[/b:feb4e5516a][/i:feb4e5516a]

Options: ReplyQuote
R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: Truthtesty ()
Date: September 09, 2007 02:19AM

To the Forum:

Forum quote

On another note, I was speaking to one of my elders after Bible study last night and mentioned the "mint juleps and plantation" where "looser believers" would serve the super grace crowd, etc. I thought his jaw was going to drop off. His reply was, if you can get people to stop reading their Bibles, I guess they'll believe just about anything.

Hmm intresting. Thieme jumped up and down and frothed at the mouth when other christians(including Chafer) taught that Christ presented Christ's blood in heaven, BUT A MINT JULEP IS OK? A MINT JULEP IS AN ALCOHOLIC DRINK. BYOB?

Are you sure Thieme isn't suffering from dementia? Dementia is one of the diseases alcoholics suffer from when they get old.

Truthtesty

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: expositor ()
Date: September 09, 2007 06:13AM

testy "aka truthtesty" wrote:

Hmm intresting. Thieme jumped up and down and frothed at the mouth when other christians(including Chafer) taught that Christ presented Christ's blood in heaven, BUT A MINT JULEP IS OK? A MINT JULEP IS AN ALCOHOLIC DRINK. BYOB?

Are you sure Thieme isn't suffering from dementia? Dementia is one of the diseases alcoholics suffer from when they get old.

testy - You are a slanderer. Moreover, your diaper is full, and you make yourself odious.

There is no reason to suppose that wine and other forms of alcoholic beverage are not to be found among those who are resurrected. According to the Psalmist, wine (obviously alcoholic) is among the blessings which the Lord God gives to man:

Psalm 104:14-15 -- 14 He makes grass to grow for the cattle, and green herb for the service of men, to bring bread out of the earth; 15 and wine makes glad the heart of man, to make his face cheerful with oil: and bread strengthens man's heart.

Christ Jesus turned water into wine. The wine was of such excellent quality (and unquestionably alcoholic) that it received praise from the "governor of the feast", who was an able judge of such matters:

John 2:1-11 -- 1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: 2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. 3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. 4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. 5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. 6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. 7 Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. 8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it. 9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now. 11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Christ Jesus testifies of himself, that he drank alcoholic wine:

Matthew 11:18-19 -- 18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil. 19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Luke 7:33-35 -- 33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil. 34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners! 35 But wisdom is justified of all her children.

It is drunkenness, and not the consumption of alcohol, which the Scripture condemns.

RLH
rlharris@gospelbroadcasting.org

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: September 09, 2007 07:35AM

To Hitler:

A Mint Julep is made with Bourbon whiskey so it doesn't take much to get drunk. And obviously the comparison was made to show the hypocrisy of allowing alcohol into heaven but not the blood of Jesus.

exposed quote

Moreover, your diaper is full, and you make yourself odious.

This is a childish remark. And, No, that would be your errored document. Your no one to be calling anyone a slanderer, with your false errored document. [i:7bf4d00c82]You say your document is more comprehensive than Dr. Wall's? [/i:7bf4d00c82]LOL I found an error in your document within 5 minutes. 1st the author of a document needs to be able to comprehend and that would not be you. Obviously, you did not even carefully read Chafer's Systematic Theology. Just saying you "own" Chafer's 8 volumes, doesn't mean anything if you didn't actually read them carefully. You have no detailed study on the doctrine of the blood. You have no concept of the vast distinctions between Thieme and Chafer, let alone other "Thieme and other Protestants". Your errored document is only 39 pages while Dr. Wall's dissertation is over 185 pages. You say Dr. Wall cannot be objective because of his close associations with Thieme? Dr. Wall at least knew the difference between Thieme and Chafer, and you have already shown an error.

Don't you have a Ayran Neo-nazi sado-masochistic session to attend? This cult forum website is for those recovering from Thieme's cult, not for those who agree with Thieme's perversions and want to add thier own perverted Aryan twisted ideology to Thieme's perversion. It's probable that your name will be up here on Rick Ross very soon.

77251 is Thieme's zip code - same as your puke site.

Truthtesty

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: zams ()
Date: September 09, 2007 07:52AM

I do not believe Thieme's parent's inheritance came from his father's side of the family, but rather his mother's (upon her father's death).

Given that, Thieme's great uncle Theodore was the founder of Wayne Knitting Mills of Ft. Wayne, Indiana (which was an enormously successful institution, financial and otherwise). Basically we are talking about the company that first made what you and I today call socks available for consumer purchase in the United States. Theodore's brother, Frederick, from whom the RBT line derives, sat on the Board of Directors, as well as supervised the factory (see: Theodore Thieme, a Man and His Times (Lockridge)).

I do not believe Thieme ever insinuated that he was turning his back on any fortune passed down through Wayne Knitting Mills avenues. Any of this wealth would have been been severely diminished as it filtered it's way down the family line and, more importantly, the Great Depression.

I believe Thieme's household also came under this same curse, as during Thieme's childhood and preteen years the family was very wealthy (renting or not, this was a house on Rodeo drive in Beverly Hills during the beginning stages of the Great Depression), but as the 30's progressed things changed, obviously, not only for RBT Sr. but also his father, Frederick (who even had to revise his will to accomodate for even his changing circumstances).

I don't think the insinuation was ever there that this was WKM empire money that Thieme was disinherited from, just his father's money that he planned to leave to Thieme.

Thieme has made it clear many times that the source of contention between him and his father was that he decided to go into the ministry, and not stay in the military (it had nothing to do with anything regarding the "family business"). He did not want him to have anything to do with being a pastor. This was a source of massive grief for his father. But yes, his father, by God's grace, did become a believer during the final moments of his life.

Please keep in mind Hunt's book is unauthorized, and the Thieme family was not even aware of its existence until a few weeks ago. The book was compiled using internet research and searches of public records. No family members were interviewed, and no data was corroborated. Speculations and assumptions are prevalent throughout the book.

In Christ,
Zams

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: September 09, 2007 08:10AM

to the Forum:

However, public records are not assumptions.

The source for the several active tours after WWII-1961 is the book "Robert B. Thieme, JR. - His Ancestry, His Life" by C. G. Hunt. Hunt says he acquired this information by the Freedom of Information Act from the National Personnel Records Center St. Louis, Mo.

[www.archives.gov]

Truthtesty

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: zams ()
Date: September 09, 2007 08:24AM

Truthtesty,

I agree public records are not assumptions. My point was that the book is laced here and there was assumptions and conjectures as asides. I don't think Hunt's intent was to be malicious, but there are many "perhaps" and "it appears that" type statements that are conjecture.

A side note: keep in mind that public records are notorious for having erroneous information. If I recall, one of the documents Hunt found even listed a wrong birthday for Thieme. Any one that has ever looked at their own credit report can attest to this.

At any rate my point in all of this is to always keep an open mind, whether info is either pro or con your point of view. The book could be filled with 98% accurate info for all I know. (Forgiving Hunt's aritifically placed quote from the fictitious "Raleigh Newburgh" on the back page, of course). What Hunt needed was corroboration and personal interviews, and that's what this book lacks.

In Christ,
Zams

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: September 09, 2007 08:37AM

Zam

Sure errors are common with credit agencies. The National Personnel Records Center never made any errors with my documents, but I am sure it has happened, occasionally. I think Hunt as done a pretty good job, considering Thieme was so secretive.

Truthtesty

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: September 09, 2007 08:59AM

Zam

Also, to back up the National Personnel Records Center information, the June 1960 CACC newsletter also states

Col. R. B. Thieme, Jr., Commandant Training Guidance Staff, 2697 Air Reserve Center, Ellington Field, Texas;

[www.schwarzreport.org]

Truthtesty

R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: expositor ()
Date: September 09, 2007 12:48PM

A special note to the members of this forum. This character who calls himself "truthtesty" on the 14th of February posted the following message:

Your such the little coward. How was your vacation? Only to pop out when you think you have the advantage.

Who ever said I was christian? I am searching for the Truth, but I certainly don't see it here. I don't see it in Thieme's cult. I don't see it in Gee. I don't see it in you. Is this what christianity is all about? Is this how christians treat people?

Truthtesty

This character has no business -- other than the working of evil -- in any forum or other activity of Christians. I suspect he/she is a Christ-hating unregenerate Jew. Further discourse with this despicable creature should be avioided. Only a fool plays around with a viper.

RLH

Current Page: 63 of 204

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.