Re: R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: kcjones ()
Date: March 29, 2008 09:43AM

radaph
kcjones
Well shoot welcome to 'wrestlin' match. Hope you stay.

If you would like a little insight into what was going on down on Sage St. before you were born, check out page 62 where Juker tells what he saw...

Hopefully this link works.
Rick Ross

Please read it and tell me what you think.

Thanks,
KCJones

You wanna know what I think?

I think I was raised in a cult. That's all for now. I have soul-searching to do.

Hold your fire Testy!
Lets give the man some breathing room and do a little soul searching. Sometimes it has to come from someone on the inside...

Radaph, brother I will wait for your reply. You are welcome to contact me via Private Message if you want to talk bounce thoughts of.

kcjones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2008 09:44AM by kcjones.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Truthtesty ()
Date: March 29, 2008 10:06AM

kcjones
radaph
kcjones
Well shoot welcome to 'wrestlin' match. Hope you stay.

If you would like a little insight into what was going on down on Sage St. before you were born, check out page 62 where Juker tells what he saw...

Hopefully this link works.
Rick Ross

Please read it and tell me what you think.

Thanks,
KCJones

You wanna know what I think?

I think I was raised in a cult. That's all for now. I have soul-searching to do.

Hold your fire Testy!
Lets give the man some breathing room and do a little soul searching. Sometimes it has to come from someone on the inside...

Radaph, brother I will wait for your reply. You are welcome to contact me via Private Message if you want to talk bounce thoughts of.

kcjones.

To KC:

Can do,

but if he blinks,

I won't.

To radaph:

Why do you think you were raised in a cult?

Truthtesty

Posted by: Truthtesty ()
Date: March 29, 2008 10:25PM

radaph to Truthtesty:

"So obviously you don't get your teaching from thieme anymore. So who do you learn from these days?
Do they teach you that hate is a right attitude to have as a Christian? And obsessive hate, at that?

Ever hear the phrase "vengeance is Mine, saith the Lord?"
If Thieme really is the monster you make him out to be, God will deal with him. If you feel he wronged you in some way, then God will pay him back with vengeance. But that is not your job as a Christian, and you should know that. Any pastor would tell you that, especially Thieme."

Truthtesty:
Have you ever heard: 1 Timothy 5:19,20?
19. Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.
20. Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Truthtesty

Posted by: sistersoap ()
Date: March 30, 2008 04:44AM

GeneZ
Truthtesty said...

It's quite possible that political powers that be within the USA, paid Thieme to teach as he did. For political persuasion of christians within the United States."

Everyone read that?

At first I could not believe my eyes.

Well, one thing you admitted by that. He would have had the respect of those in power. Cults do not get that kind of respect. Especially during those years when cults were flourishing in the USA.

And? As far as what might be in an attempt on your part to associate Thieme with Kittel's Nazi sympathies?

One of the things my Jewish father most respected about Thieme was his powerful Anti Semitism teachings. His pro-Israel teachings which were given in great detail.

Matter of fact.. You must have heard Thieme warn numerous times that if anyone sitting in his congregation is an Anti-Semitic? That he wanted them out of his church. For he showed from God's promise to Abraham, that there is a curse on them from God. Remember?

For the record.. Mind telling everyone here Thieme's stand on Anti-Semitism?

For, the way you are throwing Kittel and the Nazis around, youy may be swaying any Jewish moderators who might be overseeing this thread.

Tell us. What was Thieme's stand on Anti-Semitism? That would help distant him from any misunderstanding your Kittel/Nazi connection may have insinuated.

By the way.. My father not only appreciated Thieme's teachings on the Jews. He made copies for himself to listen to again.

This is getting interesting.....

It's quite possible that political powers that be within the USA, paid Thieme to teach as he did. For political persuasion of christians within the United States."

That's a keeper. LOL

In Christ, GeneZ

TO GENE Z,
Hello Gene. I have been slowly catching up with the dialog on this thread after an absence and came across this item above between you and Testy. This is from page

YOU SAID:
Cults do not get that kind of respect. Especially during those years when cults were flourishing in the USA.

REPLY:
How about the MOONIES? They still get LOTS OF RESPECT and they have tremendous influence. Ever hear of the WASHINGTON TIMES?

Granted, this is not a government, but what the heck? They give lots of receptions and educational programs for government officials and contribute mightly financially and by influencing public opinion in Washington.

Cults are not on the wane in this country, or have you missed the "Presidential campaign" of 2008 that seems to have begun a couple of years ago. I respect Mitt Romney, think he is a stand up guy, is patriotic, and may make a great chief executive some day. His religion does not disturb me. I know it is a cult. He is not about to impose it on anyone from the White House. If he were president, he would have the same right as other presidents to practice his religion as a private person and to express when appropriate religious sentiments. I would most certainly oppose a MUSLIM as president, however.

What testy said about Thieme being paid was a bit off the wall. But you still have not seriously answered many challenges presented on this board except to give the same defenses all thieme followers do:
~ You don't undertand.
~ He was not right pastor for you.
~ My favorite expert recommended him to me.
~Nobody is qualified to criticize his teachings, he is so smart and so advanced and so wise.

NONE of these answers really deals with his major errors or the effects these have on the Body of Christ!

You can and do say what you want about Testy, but I don't see much substance in most of your replies, nor do I see you dealing with the points many have made here about Thieme's faults and errors.

HE IS ALWAYS RIGHT and everyone else is always wrong about him. Anyone who disagrees with him is not smart enough to appreciate him or they are personally prejudiced and ignorant of the real RBT Jr.'s real teachings.

THEN YOU SAID:
And? As far as what might be in an attempt on your part to associate Thieme with Kittel's Nazi sympathies?

One of the things my Jewish father most respected about Thieme was his powerful Anti Semitism teachings. His pro-Israel teachings which were given in great detail.

Matter of fact.. You must have heard Thieme warn numerous times that if anyone sitting in his congregation is an Anti-Semitic? That he wanted them out of his church. For he showed from God's promise to Abraham, that there is a curse on them from God. Remember?

For the record.. Mind telling everyone here Thieme's stand on Anti-Semitism?

REPLY:
For me the issue is not so much how wicked and misled Kittel may have been about the Nazis or the Jews, but the fact that often REFERENCE WORKS GO UNCRITICIZED THEMSELVES and we act like they are HOLY SCRIPTURE. After all, they are not inpired, were written by fallible men, and very often, by SKEPTICAL, UNBELIEVING "SCHOLARS" who truly believe that the bible is a book by men and not by God and treat it like the works of man and not the Words of God. I believe Kittel was one such person.

If I understand the criticism aright, Kittle mentioned something about "spiritual death' in passing in a particular entry on HAIMA and it seems to me that Thieme took that and ran with it, claiming A DOCTRINAL BREAKTHROUGH. He made a big deal of his intelligence and dedication to have found something "new." I doubt very much if this was a new idea. Personally I think it rises to the level of HERESY. According to Dr. Wall as quoted by Testy, Wall thinks this is within the pale of orthodoxy. I don't see how this can be so.

I am glad Thieme supported Jews and was anti anti-Semitic. He at least had that right. God did tell Abraham that He would bless them who blessed him, and curse them who cursed him, and that has been proven true ever since He made that promise. All Christians ought to love and support Jewish people whether or not they are interested in "converting" to Christianity. The Apostle Paul made that very clear to the Gentiles who were in his audience.

Testy's family history, private opinions about Christianity and/or his emotional state when posting here effect how he expresses himself but it still does not change the basic point we all have to make which you have yet to face up to:

THIEME'S TEACHINGS HAVE CAUSED A LOT OF HARM TO PEOPLE AND WE ARE SPEAKING OUT ABOUT IT IN PUBLIC. The teaching was public, the objections are now public. We also believe many of his teachings are UNBIBLICAL. If a teacher cannot stand up to that, he is not worthy to stay in a pulpit. This particular teacher arranged things so that his staff would be yes men thoroughly indoctrinated by his beliefs to carry out his instructions. That was the whole point behind firing the deacons his first Sunday preaching at Berachah. How many others have parted ways from that church because Thieme fired them some of them after long service?

Notice that apart from mentioning his tremendous admiration for his own intelligence, which comes through clearly in every book and tape, I have not said a word about his personal habits, character, or his morals. I have not called him a liar, or a cheat, nor have I called him IGNORANT, LAZY and STUPID as he has called other men in the pulpits of their churches. INTELLIGENCE was a prime characteristic of Satan before he fell. It does not guarantee sound teaching.

THIEME'S ATTITUDES toward certain segments of the Body of Christ were notoriously angry and verbally abusive. If it is true that his mother was or became mentally ill and a religious fanatic, I wonder if this was the seed for that attitude? What if she went for the more spectacular "spiritual gifts" some groups practice? What if she (SHUDDER) became influenced by the Jehovah's Witnesses? Every Thieme follower knows very well how hateful he was towards them. I don't agree with a great deal of what they believe, but most of them do those things or dont' do those things BECAUSE THEY SINCERELY BELIEVE IT IS RIGHT ACCORDING TO HOW THEY HAVE BEEN TAUGHT. Thieme communicated his extreme hatred for them to all who adhered to his teachings. Screaming at them and throwing them off your property when they have knocked on your door only confirms them in their error. It does nothing to offer them the truth and love of the real Jesus, whom they do not know.

But as we have seen here in this thread, you can PROVE YOUR POINT over and over again and it still won't penetrate the darkness of someone determined not to see. I would have been the same way while I was "under" Thieme "taking in doctrine" daily as per instructions if I had ever come across anyone who challenged his teachings. But I never did. WE HAVE BEEN WHERE YOU ARE, totally devoted, BUT YOU HAVE NOT BEEN WHERE WE ARE. So I think it is more like YOU who don't understand us or the problems with Thieme's teaching we point out than we who don't understand you.

Now we have the internet to find each other. We don't harrass PRO THIEME SITES. We make our own and invite others to come in if they want. We post on cult related sites becasue we CAN and are WELCOME to express ourselves freely here. You will notice that you are still here, too. That ought to tell you something shouldn't it?

Sistersoap

Date: March 30, 2008 05:45AM

FROM TONYATL:

genez:
I do not know what he may have published. He spoke to me personally.

TONYATL SAYS:

for your story to be true a lot of strange things would also have to be true. stanley royal ashby was a 1904 rhodes scholar which would conservatively put his birth date at c. 1885. he was an english instructor briefly (1926-27) at harvard where he obtained a phd in philology in 1927. he is listed no further at harvard as of 1937. however, he did move on to the university of maine where he was instrumental in the establishment of an honors program and was an english professor there during the 1930s and possibly as late as the 1950s...he taught chinese and korean during wwii to soldiers. he was also a pastor. my guess is that he knew nothing of bob thieme.

doing the math with the dates, thieme, and you i would need a substantial amount of corroborating evidence to believe anything you have said about stan ashby.

QUESTION:

Tony, could the Stan Ashby GeneZ is referring to be a son or other younger relative in the same family? It is good to see some RESEARCH being cited here. Too bad GeneZ could not have done the same.

Sistersoap

Re: Thieme Jr. books
Date: March 30, 2008 07:17AM

tHANKS ORANGE!

Well well well!
Thieme does get around, doesn't he? All kinds of borrowing here.

I still use e-Sword. But it does not yet have THIEME on it as far as I can tell.

Thieme's errors were not always his alone. Often he has accepted common beliefs and I think it helps to realize that.

The IN AND OUT OF FELLOWSHIP is one of those common errors. The BELIEVER is IN FELLOWSHIP SAVED. The UNBELIEVER is out of fellowship, lost.

Adam was the only man to ever lose "fellowship" by sinning.

Sistersoap

Date: March 30, 2008 10:56AM

GeneZ
Truthtesty

Dr. Wall's doctoral dissertation:
Another difficulty with Thieme's exegesis comes from the way he frequently communicates his conclusions. His normal way of teaching his exegesis includes retranslating each passage so as to include his interpretation. Such retranslations should be called "interpretive paraphrases" or “expanded translations.” However, he repeatedly labels these paraphrases “corrected translations.”30 This is a serious misrepresentation, for it leaves one with the impression that Thieme's interpretation is on a par with Scripture itself.

Robert Thieme has corrected mistranslation problems over the years. I have followed in various translations in print and have found what he corrected from the King James Version will often times show up in another translation.

I recall when I first begun listening to Robert Thieme on tape. He flat out said that the King James had wrongly translated an OT passage. He even went as far as to say that the translators refused to translate it correctly because they could not understand why it says what it does.

Being new to Thieme at the time I refused to take his word for it. I had various translations in my library to cross reference. I kept checking. Kept looking. None agreed with Robert Thieme.

I was just about to call it quits and not believe him. Then I took a look in my Young's Literal Translation of the Bible. Young's Literal Translation had it the same as Robert Thieme said it appears in the Hebrew. No other translation I had agreed. Young attempted not to interpret, but rather translate as literally as possible. That can lead to a choppy translation at times, so its not used to teach from, but for reference.. Thieme said that it was what the Hebrew said. Young agreed. Robert Thieme said the translators shunned away from the meaning because they could not reconcile what was said with God's character. Thieme showed how it could be so. I was won over another notch at that point.

And, anyone who translates from another language will have to use paraphrasing at times in order to reveal intent. Thieme's "corrected" translation was attempting to get closer to the original intent. No one is perfect. But his ability to do that was very helpful at times.

I once heard Professor Stan Ashby say he disagreed with Thieme on the interpretation of a passage. But, he could not disagree with his translation. If anyone could finagle the translation to disprove Thieme, it would have been done then. For, Stan Ashby did not like the conclusion Thieme presented. Meaning? ... Just because Thieme said it was a correction did not mean one is to automatically accept his conclusion as to what that corrected translation was telling us.

After about three long years of checking and verifying (which takes time and work) you learn just to begin to trust another's opinion after he is proven right many times, realizing also that no one person is correct all the time. His batting average was high enough to win my respect where I could begin to relax. Three years is a long time for that sort of thing.

I can categorically list areas where I not only disagreed with Robert Thieme, but I can confidently justify my correction of those errors. But, what those corrections are, are only for the ears of those who know what Robert Thieme truly stood for. Not for those looking for ways only to tear him down. Like you do.

Pastors I know who followed Thieme have not agreed with all he said. Yet, they respect his ability to teach.

I did not blindly believe all that Robert Thieme taught. And, having been brought up Jewish also made me realize that some of his Hebrew pronunciation was a bit skewed. But, it was not an issue. What was, was that he made me think about Biblical concepts that opened my mind to greater understanding. He taught on a level that one could develop the needed resources to be able to see his errors, and solutions to his errors when they occurred. That in itself is a sign of a good teacher. I did not say perfect. I said, "good." No man on this earth is a perfect teacher. Robert Thieme was not without error. Neither, am I.

In Christ, GeneZ

THIS ONE IS A REAL PRIZE.

After all the praise and blame and the urging to prove error or at least NAME ERRORS YOU HAVE FOUND IN THIEME'S TEACHING, you tell us that you won't reveal these errors you have found except to those who really know what Theme was all about.

If that isn't a cultic mind set, I don't know what is.

The more he keeps talking, the more he proves our point.

Sistersoap

Date: March 30, 2008 12:05PM

GeneZ
I have been away to try and gather some information.

I am back for the moment to see how this is received.......

First.... Those involved here must realize what its like to see his/her church being attacked in this type of forum.

Second.... Those involved here are obliged to verify first hand for themselves to see if the vilification is warranted.

Third... Those involved here should try to see if those speaking against have not an agenda of their own.

I would like to quote Rick Ross after he was asked a question in an interview:

http://gothamist.com/2005/07/18/rick_ross_cult_expert.php

What advice would you give to a friend or family member of someone who appears to be becoming part of a "cult"?

Don't overreact. Don't be confrontational. You may be wrong.

First, carefully and discretely research the group in question and educate yourself. Then make an informed decision about how you can best respond. Before taking any action get a second, even a third opinion from people and/or professionals you trust. Don't jump to any conclusions before a process of due diligence. Keep all communication as open as possible and strengthen continuing goodwill with the person you are concerned. [end quote]

What has me concerned.... How can one discretely research the group in question with the way this thread is going? When the complaint is coming from someone who has personal reasons for attacking? Should not one go to the group itself and find out what was actually taught? Rick Ross also warned that you may be wrong. He is allowing some here to overreact, which he warns against. He is allowing some here to be highly confrontational, which he warns against. I wish he would control both sides of the argument.

I would wish for the RR institute to personally order materials from R.B. Thieme Jr, ministries. Cults are never based upon theological disagreements alone. And, that is all this long thread has turned into. I did not come here to debate the Blood of Christ, etc. That is not what a cult is about.

No money asked for, and no price for all the materials of Robert Thieme's teachings. Again, that is not how a cult functions.

GeneZ

GENE Z you continually speak of "the complaint" as if only one person were doing all the complaining. Did you not have some idea when you entered this forum that it was not and is not a one-man show?

You also imply that if you do complain about Thieme, then you must not really know what he taught. I DON'T KNOW OF ANY COMPLETE STRANGERS TO THIEME on this board who have made complaints. Do you? When we affirm our long experience, you disallow it because we ended up leaving. Our personal testimonies whether of Berachah attendees or the far more numerous faithful tapers count for nothing for you since they disagree with much of what your respected leader said and how he said it. I won't go into implications of immorality because we don't have direct proof, despite firm convictions of some who had reason to know who was doing what with whom.

Just what did you research on your hiatus from this forum?

I can understand why you would want a vacation to catch your breath. But what was the subject of your research? was it related to this topic in this thread?

PLEASE enlighten us.

RRoss advice which you have quoted above seems quite appropriate for those concerned about Thieme. You don't seem to realize that that is the process we all in one way or another came through. And as for why now? Why now are people coming out of the woodwork to complain? It is not hard to see. Computers are plentiful and fairly cheap. We veterans of the Thiempark are "just catching our breath" some of us and beginning to be able to speak up about some very personal painful experiences we went through. And don't tell me it was because some parents forced their children to attend Berachah when the children did not want to go. I did not know Thieme existed until I was in college, and was never forced to go anywhere. I was the only person in my family "following" Thieme. I did not share much about what he taught because I knew they would not agree, or like you, I was sure if they did not agree, that meant they just did not understand!

If this were just a matter of taste or denominational preferences, it would be very different. Since you won't accept anyone's testimony who DOES DISAGREE WITH THIEME AND WHO LEFT BECAUSE OF IT, and, you refuse to share your personal disagreements because (sigh) WE "don't understand what RBT truly stood for" then what are you still here for?

As I said before, the more you talk, the more you confirm our claims. I have yet to meet a dedicated Thiemer who could fight his way out of a paper bag.

Why not share with us your ideas of what in your mind constitutes a cult? Are there no variations to your concepts? No room for individual tweaks? We could forget the C word altogether, but that would not have brought you into this forum, would it? The cult experts who have been cited in and out of this forum have some enlightening things to say about degrees of what constitutes a cult, or cultic abuse, which is in our case spiritual abuse.

It is ABUSIVE to instruct Christians NOT TO READ their Bible for themselves (until they reach Thieme's notion of "maturity" when it will be safe.) It is ABUSIVE to tell Christians that God turns His back on them and they are out of the will of God and will be punished for leaving Thieme's teaching.

It is ABUSIVE to scream from the pulpit and use "hell" and "damn" and BIZARRE to "chew out" IMAGINARY offenders in the audience!

It is A LIE to say that "in and out of fellowship" is a New Covenant concept related to "confession of sins" as if CONFESSION were the wages of sin instead of death. You and Testy go round and round about the blood of Christ and exactly what that means, and what did Thieme teach about it, but the point of Christ's physical and spiritual death and resurrection was to COMPLETE THE WORK ON THE CROSS to take all the punishment for all sins of all men of all time onto Himself and DO AWAY with sin forever. THAT is what was FINISHED on that Cross. You are almost missing the point entirely, it seems to me. And more than almost anything else, this part of Thieme's emphasis is the primary mechanism of control over his followers: Sin, Confess, Sin, Confess, you never grow, you never learn how to say no to sin that way, you don't understand flesh because Thieme practically ignored it in his teaching, or obscured it so that Biblical teaching about sin in the life of the believer so that it has no practical value in the Thiemepark. God is not now condemning His Children for their sins! Christ took all the punishment for that on the Cross. But if you admit that, Thieme's THREATS lose their power over his followers.

If you were at all open I would suggest you go back to SpirituaLiberty's eminently reasonable and Biblical posts on the subject of 1 John 1:9. but I don't think they made a dent the first time around. Why do I think it might do some good now?

Thieme is not alone in teaching this about sin and confession, but he takes it so far out of balance that it becomes an instrument of abuse. I call it abusive where ever I see it taught this way.

If you were at all open I would suggest you go back to SpirituaLiberty's eminently reasonable and Biblical posts on the subject of 1 John 1:9. but I don't think they made a dent the first time around. Why do I think it might do some good now?

Sistersoap

Date: March 30, 2008 01:06PM

GeneZ
Truthtesty.....

We should take this sort of debate where it belongs. In a Christian Forum.

In a forum where many will be learning about Thieme for the first time. One in which I

am not well known?

Your choice. You can invite your friends, and will invite mine. Or.. it will be just the

two of us, with others in the forum free to join in. I am sure you will find some to

side with you.

GeneZ

Truthtesty
To the Forum:

Truthtesty: Hold on gene, before you run away again.

I asked gene this question many times.

November 17, 2007 03:25PMTruthtesty
Date Added: 01/13/2007

Simply, if spiritual death were the only aspect requirement, then why didn't Jesus just spiritually die (separate from the Father) as the Angel of Jehovah and resurrect?

Truthtesty: I asked gene this question many times. gene was evasive. Finally gene PM'd this to me in a "private message"

gene "If he died as the Angel of Jehovah? It could not work. For the sins of our human flesh could not be imputed to the body of an angel who is a different substance."

Truthtesty:

That is not an answer to people who use common sense. That is not an answer which thinks through and applies logic to the theory as a whole.

So thiemites, what would that "different substance" be?

Could that "different substance" be "flesh and blood"?

gene COULD have said " "If he died as the Angel of Jehovah? It could not work. For the sins of our human flesh could not be imputed to the body of an angel who is not "flesh and blood".

gene tries to put as much distance between "flesh and blood" as possible, by using "other" words "different substance"

So logically gene, tell this forum how our sins of the flesh could only be IMPUTED into the "flesh and blood" of Jesus. Answer this gene if sins could only be imputed through Jesus' "flesh and blood" Would not that make "flesh and blood" efficacious? Efficacious and necessary for salvation? Yes. It would.

Yes! The flesh and blood of Jesus WERE/ARE necessary and efficacious and they performed thier part in God's process(s).

Thus the reverse is proven to be true. "It" in "it is finished" does not refer only to "spiritual death only".

Thieme's "spiritual death only" theory, is proven incorrect.

Truthtesty

TO GENE Z and anyone else interested:

IF You want to go to a Christian Forum I have one that is available to go further into theological issues that might not be appropriate or allowed in this forum.

PM me if interested.

Sistersoap

Date: March 31, 2008 10:50AM

kcjones
I was doing a little reading this morning and found a stark contrast between R.B. Thieme's 'breakthroughs' in 1st John and what another bible scholar wrote. None other than William Tyndale, the man who was burned at the stake so I could read the bible, in English, not needing to knowing Latin,koine greek, or hebrew or rely on some man or men to tell me what it should mean.

A Prologue upon the Three Epistles of St John

The first epistle of saint John containeth the doctrine of a very apostle of Christ, and ought of right to follow his gospel. For as in his epistle he setteth out the true faith, and teacheth by it only all men to be saved and restored unto the favour of God again: even so here in this epistle he goeth againist them that boast themselves of faith and yet continue without good works and teacheth many ways that where true faith is, there the works tarry not behind, and contrary that where the works follow not, there is no true faith but a false imagination and utter darkness. - William Tyndale New Testament Translation 1534. Bold emphasis mine.

To Gene and others who study on Bob, please, please read the whole epistle of 1st John, without the another man's perspective. Tyndale and others gave their lives so you could read God's Word ON YOUR OWN, without a 3 degrees in Language.

With Love,
KCJONES

TO KC:
Thanks especially for the last part about being able to READ GOD'S WORDS ON YOUR OWN WITHOUT 3 DEGREES IN ANCIENT LANGUAGES. Or other men to "guide" you.

A guide should be just that. He is not the message itself nor is he infallible are the Words of God.

Cheers,
Sistersoap

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.