Re: R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: kcjones ()
Date: March 28, 2008 12:44AM

Sister, if you don't mind, I'd like to translate this last one for you...
Yeah, the problem is glaring me in the face. Your attitude.
I have ultimate discernment, you have major problems, and they are all mental.

You have too much hate for the Col in you to be objective about any of this.
You have too many emotions, if you have any emotions at all, other than those approved by our dear leader, you can never be 'smart' about anything

I don't hate the man, and I don't love the man. I barely know him. I have respect for him, but that could be easily lost if someone presented any real gripe about his ministry here other than just personal attitude problems that they blame the Col for.
I'm the at the peak of rational intelligence, I can discern anything without emotion. If our dear leader had any problems I would be the first to know. All the crazy people who left must be weak and had to blame our dear leader for their own pitiful weak minds and those worthless mental attitudes.

I'm sorry, but I just cant let you condemn him because of your laziness.
I'm sorry that your an idiot, you weren't strong enough to keep up with our dear leader.

If you didn't question him, it was your fault. I question everyone. I don't accept anything from anyone at face value. That is an attitude I learned from Berachah and it has served me very well, even in evaluating his ministry.
Your weak, and it was your fault. I am a MAN, I don't believe anything unless I check it out first. Berachah taught me to be a MAN.

Bash, bash away. You bring more fame to him, by your bashing. If you really don't want people falling into his supposed trap, you'd be better off not saying a word about him to anyone. Because most people that read about him on here, are probably going to give him a listen. And they may be ensnared by his silk-tongue. lol
Keep it up fool, as a matter of fact you should just shut up, the more you talk trash the more people will love our dear leader.

I think you need to evaluate your attitude and see if it lines up with what Jesus teaches about unconditional love. Whether you hate him or not, God loves the Col just as much as he loves you. Hate hurts no one but yourself.
You have serious mental problems, and if you don't believe me, believe Jesus. God loves everyone, especially our dear leader, but not so much you, your weak mental attitude will DESTROY YOU and I'm glad.

I'm done here.
I'm taking my marbles and going home, you don't play the way I want to. MOMMMMMY!

Wow another thiemite does a hit and run. Not surprising.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 12:46AM by kcjones.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 28, 2008 01:08AM

kcjones:

When radaph said, "Bash, bash away. You bring more fame to him, by your bashing. If you really don't want people falling into his supposed trap, you'd be better off not saying a word about him to anyone. Because most people that read about him on here, are probably going to give him a listen. And they may be ensnared by his silk-tongue. lol."

This was a misleading statement.

If Thieme supporters like radaph actually believed this statement they wouldn't bother make such a fuss here, as they have done repeatedly.

This is what radaph hopes others might do and/or conclude, but actually he seems to believe exactly the opposite.

Posted by: kcjones ()
Date: March 28, 2008 01:34AM

Yeah I know. I was attempting a bit of satire there, I might have missed the mark on that last quote. Diving too far down the rabbit hole can make one a little 'looopy'

I get to listen to this convoluted logic daily with my wife, it breaks my heart to see so many people trapped by one man, that's why I'm here, hopefully in some small way I can help someone get away from this train wreck of a church.

Posted by: radaph ()
Date: March 28, 2008 02:49AM

rrmoderator
radaph:

You said, "You are not objective. As such, I am finished discussing this with you. You haven't heard what I've said. So what's the point in saying more? There is none."

At this point you begin to sound like a child unwilling to participate in a group activity unless he or she has their way.

Please understand that just because people don't agree with you, this doesn't mean they are either not "objective" and/or "haven't heard."

It simply means that others think you are wrong and don't agree with you.

It seems like you may not be used to a group discussion with varying opinions and viewpoints.

No, the fact that you disagree doesn't bother me. It's why you disagree that bothers me. I think you people are far too willing to write off a Christian ministry as a cult based on the extremely biased opinions of a few bad eggs that came from that church. Well, there are people like that at every church in America. That doesn't mean there is something wrong with the churches. There is something wrong with the people.

rrmoderator
Perhaps within the Thieme group there was a kind of cloned mindset, which precluded reaching conclusions from more than one perspective?

Oh please. That's just it. There is no "Thieme group."
If there is a forum for thiemites I've never found it. I haven't even looked.

I have talked on many forums, and discussed bible doctrine with every denomination with ever different idea you could imagine, even some athiests. Differing opinions do not bother me. I really enjoy a good debate. I don't enjoy it when someone I admire is being raked over the coals for a bunch of crap that isn't even true.

Date: March 28, 2008 03:08AM

radaph:

You said, "If there is a forum for thiemites I've never found it. I haven't even looked."

Yet you took the time to post on this forum.

You call Thieme's critics "bad eggs" and say, "There is something wrong with the people."

Could it be that Thieme was wrong?

Perhaps you should consider that the people he hurt are not "wrong," but rather Thieme for hurting them through his teachings and influence.

BTW--Thieme did have a group, he led a church, which is a group of people.

Date: March 28, 2008 03:21AM

rrmoderator
radaph:

You said, "If there is a forum for thiemites I've never found it. I haven't even looked."

Yet you took the time to post on this forum.

You call Thieme's critics "bad eggs" and say, "There is something wrong with the people."

Could it be that Thieme was wrong?

Perhaps you should consider that the people he hurt are not "wrong," but rather Thieme for hurting them through his teachings and influence.

BTW--Thieme did have a group, he led a church, which is a group of people.

I take the time to post in many forums. Most of which are music-related, and have got nothing to do with religion or politics. It's something I enjoy.

No, I don't call all of Thieme's critics "bad eggs."
I have criticized him myself. I think the way he teaches on spiritual gifts is way off, for example.

He doesn't have a group anymore, and if he did, I wouldn't be part of it.

And to answer sistersoap. Yes, I have attended quite a few churches that had no clue who Col Thieme was, and used none of his terminology. I attend a church like that now.
I went "off and on" to Berachah for 20 years. As a kid my parents would be pretty lazy at times about getting to bible class. And now and then they would get all convicted and go consistently for a while. And since I was pretty young, I didn't have much say in the matter. But we also went to several other churches, in search for a place closer to home. They were always "bible churches." Which has a different meaning for each one of them. But none of them were in any way offiliated with Berachah, or Col Thieme, nor have they ever even heard of him that I am aware of.

Date: March 28, 2008 03:26AM

radaph:

You seem almost obsessive about defending Thieme here.

Date: March 28, 2008 03:46AM

rrmoderator
radaph:

You seem almost obsessive about defending Thieme here.

I could say the same about you and attacking him. This is not a one-sided discussion the last time I checked. I am not arguing with myself here.

Date: March 28, 2008 03:53AM

radaph:

I have no personal interest in Thieme.

My interest is only professional.

Your interest is self-evident.

Date: March 28, 2008 03:59AM

rrmoderator
radaph:

I have no personal interest in Thieme.

My interest is only professional.

Your interest is self-evident.

Let's have it then, if it's so evident to you.
What is my interest? Why do I care if people call my ex-pastor a cult leader?

I don't think you really do understand my interest as well as you think.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.