Re: R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: Truthtesty ()
Date: December 30, 2007 08:57AM

To the Forum:

Dr. Lewis Sperry Chafer Vol. 6, Page 259:

The Spirit may use outward things, events, or circumstances; nevertheless it is still a matter of His leading and not of the mere instrument which He may employ....

There are no rules governing the Spirit’s leading. No two are led altogether alike and it is equally probable that no one person is ever led twice in quite the same manner....

In the light of the fact that leading by the Spirit proves so individual, it should be obvious that it is most dangerous to seek guidance from even the best of men. God may choose to use men to give the direction the believer needs; still, again, it is not guidance from men, but from the Spirit through such men. To be guided of the Spirit is to be moved through the most delicate relationships the heart can know. To be led by the mere gentle glance of His eye—He said, “I will guide thee with mine eye” (Ps. 32:8)—is far more to be desired than the harsh “bit and bridle” (cf. Ps. 32:9)....

Dr. Lewis Sperry Chafer Vol. 7, Page 120

All believers are disciples in the sense that they are being taught of God through the indwelling Spirit and whatever instrumentality the Spirit may employ. The important fact is that the truth of Scripture reaches the believer’s understanding and heart as a revelation from God (cf. John 16:12–15; 1 Cor. 2:9–12). The term disciple implies no more of a relation to God than that of learner.

Truthtesty

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tommy Tsunami ()
Date: December 31, 2007 11:10PM

What I see here is a person whose ears are so tender and disposition so soft that they are reduced only to hearing the echo of their own thoughts. Continue on with your one man crusade and don't let any rational dialogue interrupt. Geesh where do these people come from?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 31, 2007 11:55PM

Tommy:

Attacking another member of the forum personally as you have just done is against the rules.

Either engage in the discussion or move on.

The purpose of this board is not to exchange insults.

Date: January 01, 2008 12:29AM

To the Forum:

tsu: What I see here is a person whose ears are so tender and disposition so soft that they are reduced only to hearing the echo of their own thoughts.

Truthtesty:
Tender? soft? lol! I am a combat vet, unlike Thieme.
Echo of my own thoughts? How blind are you? Start counting the list of statements of Doctors of Theology and Doctors of other fields that I have shown on this very site. Open your eyes.

tsu: Continue on with your one man crusade and don't let any rational dialogue interrupt.

Truthtesty:
One man crusade? lol I am not the only one who has posted on this site.
Rational dialogue? If you have the remotest idea of any rational dialoge then present it, otherwise, you are just disgruntled. Engage your mind before engaging your mouth.

tsu: Geesh where do these people come from?

Truthtesty: God originally, but after initiation into the earthly realm, many such as Dr. Chafer (founder of DTS) are from Dallas Theological Seminary, the same place Thieme earned a masters degree.

Truthtesty

Posted by: mile2 ()
Date: January 02, 2008 06:43AM

Tommy Tsunami:

Just prior to your first post, some of us on the forum were questioning the selection of Bobby to succeed his father at Berachah. Knowing that the scripture says a Christian leader shall be the "husband of one wife" (I Tim 3:2) and that Bobby has had 3 failed marriages, how can his selection as the new pastor be justified? Do you approve or disapprove of his pastorship, and why or why not.

Date: January 04, 2008 10:30PM

mile2
Tommy Tsunami:

Just prior to your first post, some of us on the forum were questioning the selection of Bobby to succeed his father at Berachah. Knowing that the scripture says a Christian leader shall be the "husband of one wife" (I Tim 3:2) and that Bobby has had 3 failed marriages, how can his selection as the new pastor be justified? Do you approve or disapprove of his pastorship, and why or why not.

Since I do not know the details of the marriages I cannot rightly comment on them regarding his qualifications. I do not believe the Timothy passage means to teach one cannot have never been divorced and remarried, rather it is referring to faithfulness of a husband toward his wife. So without know the details and history first hand it would be outside of my area of knowledge to rightly condone or condemn.

However, I do not believe that Bobby has the teaching gift necessary for the Berachah ministry and regardless of his moral or ethical qualifications, qualifications I cannot address, I have heard his teaching and do not believe he has the teaching gift necessary for the ministry at Berachah and do believe those voting succumb to sentimentality when that choice was made.

Posted by: mile2 ()
Date: January 05, 2008 01:34PM

Tommy Tsunami:

You say you believe I Tim.3:2, which gives as a qualification of pastors and teachers that they be the "husband of one wife", refers to the "faithfulness of a husband toward his wife". How do you come to that conclusion? This passage says "husband of one wife" as opposed to husband of 2 wives, or 3 wives, etc. If a man is unfaithful to his wife, the woman he has been unfaithful with is not his wife. He would still have one wife. I can't follow your reasoning here.

In addition, this passage makes a blanket statement that would incorporate any and all circumstances. It does not say "husband of one wife, unless the circumstances dictate otherwise". So the details of Bobby's marriages would have no relevance or bearing on God's command.

Do you know what Bob Thieme teaches regarding this passage of scripture? God gave us a checklist of qualifications for a true pastor. So it is crucial to our wellbeing as members of the body of Christ to understand this. Once you are familiar with Thieme's teaching on this , please comment.

Date: January 08, 2008 11:42AM

To the Forum:

This is quite interesting. So the right man/right woman booklet is no longer available? How could this be? For years, that doctrine was said to be "absolute truth". I mean if you didn't want your right woman to be just a "ship passing in the night" then you had to submit to Thieme's teaching daily until you reached super grace (which Thieme Jr has stated no one can ever actually attain super grace). It appears Be"reich"ah considered that teaching "absolute truth" until Bobby couldn't live up to it. It appears Thieme's "absolute truth" "greek" interpretation of the bible is dependent on family members personal behaviour. How subjective.

Truthtesty

Date: January 12, 2008 03:56AM

mile2
Tommy Tsunami:

You say you believe I Tim.3:2, which gives as a qualification of pastors and teachers that they be the "husband of one wife", refers to the "faithfulness of a husband toward his wife". How do you come to that conclusion? This passage says "husband of one wife" as opposed to husband of 2 wives, or 3 wives, etc. If a man is unfaithful to his wife, the woman he has been unfaithful with is not his wife. He would still have one wife. I can't follow your reasoning here.

In addition, this passage makes a blanket statement that would incorporate any and all circumstances. It does not say "husband of one wife, unless the circumstances dictate otherwise". So the details of Bobby's marriages would have no relevance or bearing on God's command.

Do you know what Bob Thieme teaches regarding this passage of scripture? God gave us a checklist of qualifications for a true pastor. So it is crucial to our wellbeing as members of the body of Christ to understand this. Once you are familiar with Thieme's teaching on this , please comment.
Seeing that you ignored the other portion of my response, the teaching gift issue of Bobby I will wait for a respectful response to that portion from you.

While waiting, even if Bobby has been married 3 times he still only has one wife now. My concern is with what the Bible says, by the way. It is crucial to understand what the Bible says and I am quite able to exegete the passage and have. So now I will wait for you to address the other portion of my response.

Date: January 12, 2008 06:40AM

To the Forum:

tsu: And a student is dependent on their Right Pastor

Dr. Lewis Sperry Chafer “WALK IN THE SPIRIT” Vol. 6, Page 262 The responsibility resting upon the Christian is not that of attempting the walk; it is rather the obligation to maintain an attitude of confidence and expectation toward the Holy Spirit, which dependence will make the Spirit’s promotion of the walk a blessed reality.

Searching key words "dependent" and "teacher" in Chafer's 8 Volume Systematic Theology, the only dependency mentioned is upon the Holy Spirit. Never is dependency said to be upon a pastor teacher.

Dr. Lewis Sperry Chafer Vol. 1, Page 113 There is not the slightest possibility that the most educated and brilliant mind can make one step of progress in the understanding of spiritual truth apart from the direct, supernatural teaching to the individual heart by the indwelling Spirit.

Truthtesty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.