Re: R.B. Thieme Jr., Berachah Church Houston, Robert B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: Truthtesty ()
Date: August 17, 2009 05:15AM

FreedomandLife
My God, I had no idea of the connection.

You're right, most definitely disturbed before. Yet I wonder, as you yourself have experienced, how the oppressive environment of a doctrinal church, doctrine of privacy, emotions put on perpetual hold, exacerbated this man's sense of isolation and alienation, not merely from women but ultimately from reality. It has the effect of being an entirely insular environment and for a man like that, probably not much going on socially outside the dysfunctional group.

It's sad and it's sick all at the same time.

To Freedomandlife: I agree with nearly everything you have stated. It is mostly very accurate. However, I do not agree as of yet anyhow that there is any evidence that Sodini was screwed up before Tetalestai. He had not had a girlfriend in quite a long time, but that by itself is not psycho. Many men do not have girlfriends for quite a long time.

Your statement "My question to 'doctrinal believers' is: If emotions are so bad, so wrong, why does everybody except sociopaths have them?" Is quite appropriate. Especially in the case of Sodini and other sociopaths like Thieme who have no respect or conscience for human emotion or human conscience. The lack of respect for humanity and human emotions is clearly propagandized/inculcated by Thieme to his submissive followers. Why would Thiemites be so intrested in covering up what Thieme taught? Embarrassment I guess of facing the actual real reality of the entire world of seeing how false Thieme and thiemites really are. Why when something so tragic as the Sodini issue do Knapp and thiemites just not say it like they inculcate it? "it was gods will"? That's what Thieme would have said. In effect that a sick serial murderer from Tetalestai controlled "god's will" and murdered 3 women and wounded 9. And? Something "good" is supposed to come of it. Thieme "sickened" by this? Cmon thiemites tell it like Thieme inculcated you, it was "god's will" and you have another cult tape to listen to.

Tell it like Thieme inculcated it thiemites! A sick serial murderer controls the "will of god". Hah thiemites you afraid to tell the world how you really are. Are Knapp and thiemites to cowardly to say it to the public like they inculcate it? to their submissive passive group?

I expect more cult sociopathic behaviour from thiemites in the future. What in Thieme's teaching would stop prior sociopaths or created sociopaths in the Thieme system for sociopathic behaviour? Nothing. It is clear nothing Thieme taught helped Sodini be humanly moral, have a human conscience, or heal. How could Thieme speak about something he did have?

I agree the Thieme system only exacerbates a loner sociopathic person.

Truthtesty

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 05:42AM by Truthtesty.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 17, 2009 06:21AM

To the Forum:

I apologize I made a mistake. I am not afraid of apologizing because I don't have a verbally violent political propaganda agenda to sell. Last post I stated "How could Thieme speak about something he did have?" I apologize for this falsehood. It was an accidental mistake. I should have written "How could Thieme speak about something he did NOT have?" When referring to respect for human morality or a human conscience.

Truthtesty

Re: R.B. Thieme Jr.
Date: August 17, 2009 09:25AM

To Tet20:

If you are patient I will show you the truth I speak of. On this page [forum.culteducation.com]

I proved some time ago that Jesus said he had finished the work in John 17:4 BEFORE John 19:30 of which your church Tetelestai was named:

"... Remember Jesus was also a Prophet. Luke 24:19 "And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, The things concerning Jesus the Nazarene, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people."

So here is another aspect Thieme should have learned at Dallas Theological Seminary:

Dr. Lewis Sperry Chafer SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY Vol I pg 378 "With prophetic vision He said, even before His death, "I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do" (John 17:4), and when He reached the moment of death He said, "It is finished" (John 19:30)"

Dr. Lewis Sperry Chafer SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY Vol. III pg 87 "...the finished work of Christ. This term is derived from the words of Christ on the cross, namely, "It is finished" (John 19:30). There was no reference on Christ's part by these words to the truth that His own life, service, or sufferings were coming to an end. It is rather that a specific undertaking committed to Him by His Father, which could not have begun until He was on the cross, was consummated. It is true that the Father had given Him a work to do in His three and a half years of service. To this reference is made in the words, "Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work" (John 4:34); "But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me" (John 5:36). In contradistinction to this, a specific work was committed to the Savior which began with His cross sufferings and ended with His death. It is to this that His words "It is finished" refer. Of this same saving work of the cross the Savior in His priestly prayer spoke when He said, "I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do" (John 17:4). That He could speak thus of a work which had not at that time even begun is explained by the fact that the whole of the Upper Room Discourse, including the priestly prayer, was dated by Christ in relation to the cross, the resurrection, the ascension, and the advent of the Spirit as though these momentous events were accomplished. What was wrought on the cross and finished when He died will be discovered only through an investigation into that which was included in His redemption, His reconciliation, and His propitiation." Jesus was also a prophet.

Truthtesty

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 09:41AM by Truthtesty.

Posted by: Tetelestai20 ()
Date: August 17, 2009 09:35PM

To Truthtesty

[...]I never said that Thieme's teachings were perfect, I never believed the teaching of the right man/right woman. And did hear afterwards, that he regretted teaching that. As far as Rick goes, he encourages us to study and learn on our own, not to take his word for it, but to investigate it, and we do. He also encourages people to get professional psychiatric help and counseling if they are in need of medication to control chemical imbalances,or mental issues. [...]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 02:53AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 18, 2009 02:55AM

To whom it may concern:

Please avoid personal attacks against members of the board.

The topic is Thieme, not individual members, their personal lives, etc.

Personal attacks are against the rules.

Date: August 18, 2009 06:56AM

To Tet20: Pardon me if I am extremely skeptical of what you said. Would you care to offer proof of what you just said?

Also what is Knapps position of "right pastor".

As far as I know Thieme never showed any regret whatsoever for Right man Right woman. I understand they quit publishing the booklet. As a matter of fact I never heard of Thieme admitting he had made a mistake ever.

Truthtesty

Date: August 18, 2009 08:30AM

To the Forum:

Sodini blog diary quote: "December 31, 2008: My anger and rage is largely gone since I began lifting weights. Lifting drains me but I still have energy. Somebody else suggested running but that did not help me. I guess strenuous exercise is necesary for a man. So I just learned that now at 48. Maybe 30 years later than I would have liked. My dad never (not once) talked to me or asked about my life's details and tell me what he knew. He was just a useless ____ doner. Don't know why, find it fun talking to young kids when I visit someone. Brother was actually counter-productive and would try to embarase me or discourage my efferts when persuing things, esp girls early on (teen years). Useless bully. Result is I am learning basics by trial and error in my 40s, followed by discuragement. Seems odd, but thats true. Writing all this is helping me justify my plan and to see the futility of continuing. Too embarassed to tell anyone this, at almost 50 one is expected to just know these things. I hope it doesn't snow on Tuesday. Just thought of that. The crowd will be thin so I would postpone. ----!

Tetelestai Church in Pittsburgh, PA - "Be Ye Holy, even as I have been Ye holy! Thus saith the lord thy God!", as pastor Rick Knapp would proclaim. Holy ----, religion is a waste. But this guy teaches (and convinced me) you can commit mass murder then still go to heaven. Ask him. Call him at [phone number]. If no answer there, he should still live at [address]. In any case, guilt and fear kept me there 13 long years until Nov 2006. I think his crap did the most damage. Their web site: [www.tetelestai.org]"

[abcnews.go.com]

R.B. Thieme Jr was Knapp's mentor and Knapp was "ordained" by Thieme.

Truthtesty

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 08:39AM by Truthtesty.

Posted by: prebound ()
Date: August 18, 2009 08:46AM

[www.berachah.org]

Robert B. Thieme, Jr., pastor of Berachah Church from 1950-2003 and president of R. B. Thieme, Jr., Bible Ministries, passed through death into eternity Sunday, 16 August 2009 at 8:45 PM and is now “absent from the body and face to face with the Lord” (2 Corinthians 5:8b). He was the beloved husband of Betty Beal Thieme and devoted father of Robert B. Thieme III. He is also survived by his sister, Ann T. Wallis, and his cousins, Fredericka Botts and Nancy N. Harder.

Bob was born on 1 April 1918. His father, Robert B. Thieme, and mother, Anna Cloakey Thieme, of Ft. Wayne, Indiana moved to Beverly Hills, California in 1926. Bob graduated from Beverly Hills High School in the summer of 1936, having lettered in football, track, and gymnastics. He was a member of the Beverly High Alumni Association.

Bob enrolled at the University of Arizona in Tucson in the fall of 1936 where he majored in classical Greek and joined the Reserve Officers' Training Corps. After a distinguished college career, he graduated on 29 May 1940 magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa. He was also commissioned as a second lieutenant in the United States Army Reserve.

With the goal of becoming a pastor, Bob was licensed to preach by the First Baptist Church of Tucson, Arizona on 5 June 1940. To further his ministerial preparation, he enrolled in Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas in 1940. After one semester, his seminary studies were interrupted by the impending entry of the United States into World War II.

On 3 April 1941 Lieutenant Thieme began active duty service in the Army Air Corps. Because of the nature of his assigned duties he received rapid promotion and by the end of the war had attained the rank of lieutenant colonel. LTC Thieme was the Director of Military Training for Flying Training Command. In this position he was charged with initiating, prescribing, and standardizing military training for all categories of personnel in the Aviation Cadet programs. His duties included coordinating training at 120 Army Air Corps installations throughout the United States and authoring publications that standardized this training. By 1943, he had written The Military Triad, Strategy and Tactics for The Aviation Cadet, and Get Smart, Mister. His final assignment was to supervise and direct the gunnery training at Harlingen Field, Texas. Bob returned to Dallas Seminary in 1946 to resume preparation for the ministry. The academic training he received in Greek, Hebrew, theology, history, and textual criticism became the foundation for a rigorous professional life of studying and teaching the Word of God. As a student, he became the interim pastor of Reinhardt Bible Church in Dallas, Texas. Upon graduating summa cum laude with a Master of Theology in May 1949, he continued to pastor at Reinhardt until April 1950.

For fifty-three years Robert B. Thieme, Jr., was the pastor of Berachah Church in Houston, Texas. As pastor he developed an innovative system of vocabulary, illustrations, and biblical categories designed to communicate the truths of God's Word. His scholarly, expository approach to teaching the Word of God and the worldwide distribution of his publications and biblical teachings without charge or obligation have made Pastor Robert B. Thieme, Jr., a major voice in Christianity today.

Posted by: zeebrook ()
Date: August 19, 2009 09:24AM

Thanks Prebound for your post.

Whilst disagreeing with a number of the teachings of R.B. Thieme Jr he was still a christian brother who served the Lord and now is face to face with Him to receive his reward.

Date: August 19, 2009 12:27PM

To the Forum:

Once again we have thiemites enter this forum with false information.

Prebound quote "Because of the nature of his assigned duties he received rapid promotion and by the end of the war had attained the rank of lieutenant colonel"

This is hyped-up false information Thieme did not attain the rank of Lt. Colonel until AFTER WWII was over. Thieme's highest rank during WWII was Major. [forum.culteducation.com]

We have dealt with thiemites exaggerating the truth about Thieme before. Anyone can gather publicly available fact based information on Thieme from CG Hunts' book on Thieme. Available on Amazon.

Thieme did attend Dallas Theological Seminary, (they DTS did not use Summa Cum laude back in those days) Yet? Thieme managed to turn on his teacher Lewis Sperry Chafer's teachings at very critical points especially on the Blood of Christ issue in which Dr. Chafer's writings describe Thieme's teaching on the Blood of Christ as satanic. Which? I have proven on this forum. Read and take seriously Dr. Lewis Sperry Chafer Systematic Theology Blood [Vol. 7, Page 52-55] ( 3 sections - Sacrificial blood, Cleansing blood, and Covenant blood) Chafer (summarizing) says in 1 part that arrogant men have no authority elevate themselves to judge the very blood priniciple which God already judged, executed, and revealed to men to deal with sin.

A major voice in Chrisitanity? No not all. Probably the highest attention Thieme ever aspired to from Thieme's writings were when mass murderer Sodini used RB Thieme jr's book "Integrity of -od" to help Sodini "focus" be successful at a serial murder of 3 innocent women and 9 others were wounded. When Sodini had previously chickened out it was Thieme's book "integrity of -od" that gave Sodini the courage to follow through with mass murder.

Instead of truthful scholarly work much of Thieme's writings simply were falsifications for political gain, presented in an overly complex approach as to make it extremly difficult for the average christian to determine the lies presented.

Thieme was a disaster for most people's lives. Many people died unnecessarily because of Thieme either by becoming depressed and committingsuicide by his false teachings or hurt by being trained to become incompetent and dysfunctional in their humanity.

Truthtesty

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2009 12:47PM by Truthtesty.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.