Re: R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: kcjones ()
Date: March 28, 2008 03:59AM

Radaph

Whaaaa? I thought you said you were done?

Well the more the merrier.
Instead of just jumping in at the end, why don't you start on page 1 and start reading. We've had lots of people (including a white-supremacist, that was fun) come through this thread and you can get to know some of the people that Bob Thieme has effected both good and bad.

Right now it's like your coming into the middle of a conversation and telling everyone how smart you are.

Bad form.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: radaph ()
Date: March 28, 2008 04:13AM

kcjones
Radaph

Whaaaa? I thought you said you were done?

Well the more the merrier.
Instead of just jumping in at the end, why don't you start on page 1 and start reading. We've had lots of people (including a white-supremacist, that was fun) come through this thread and you can get to know some of the people that Bob Thieme has effected both good and bad.

Right now it's like your coming into the middle of a conversation and telling everyone how smart you are.

Bad form.

I read about the first 30 pages or so, and got really bored. Mostly the same stuff over and over again. Which is one of the reasons I started to not join this thread, because I honestly don't think I could say what I have to say any better than it's already been said by the few people on here who agree with me. But I have no interest in reading the entire 117 page saga.

When did I say how smart I was?

I often make threats to leave threads when I get frustrated by people not even trying to understand where I'm coming from. But I usually don't follow through. I guess I just enjoy arguing too much.

Posted by: kcjones ()
Date: March 28, 2008 06:04AM

Well shoot welcome to 'wrestlin' match. Hope you stay.

If you would like a little insight into what was going on down on Sage St. before you were born, check out page 62 where Juker tells what he saw...

Hopefully this link works.
Rick Ross

Please read it and tell me what you think.

Thanks,
KCJones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 06:06AM by kcjones.

Posted by: sistersoap ()
Date: March 28, 2008 11:45AM

TO KC JONES:
Thanks for your humorus summary and translation. English can be so dense at times, don't you think? If we all spoke Greek and Hebrew then we would ALL AGREE WITH EACH OTHER, since those languages are sacred and cannot possibly be misunderstood or misused.

Sistersoap

Date: March 28, 2008 08:14PM

sistersoap
TO KC JONES:
Thanks for your humorus summary and translation. English can be so dense at times, don't you think? If we all spoke Greek and Hebrew then we would ALL AGREE WITH EACH OTHER, since those languages are sacred and cannot possibly be misunderstood or misused.

Sistersoap

It's not that Greek, Hebew or Aramaic are "better" languages. It's that they are original languages. In other words, any time you translated anything from one language to another you lose something. That's how the phrase "lost in the translation" came about. It's a proven fact.

Date: March 29, 2008 12:16AM

kcjones
Well shoot welcome to 'wrestlin' match. Hope you stay.

If you would like a little insight into what was going on down on Sage St. before you were born, check out page 62 where Juker tells what he saw...

Hopefully this link works.
Rick Ross

Please read it and tell me what you think.

Thanks,
KCJones

You wanna know what I think?

I think I was raised in a cult. That's all for now. I have soul-searching to do.

Posted by: notmuch4games ()
Date: March 29, 2008 12:41AM

Its been a slow week at the office, so I went through this thread(whew!) Alot has been said, but Judge Notmuch4games is ready to render his/her verdict. Considering all the people coming out of the woodwork to defend the questionable tactics of this organization, I say.....CULT! You can see how devoted, or blinded, these folks are and how unwilling or unable they are to even question their own leader. I suggest that all the defenders in this thread go through this most informative site and read about the tactics of other cults and the attitudes of those members involved. Strikingly similar! If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and quacks...........Duck for dinner it is!

Date: March 29, 2008 07:12AM

TO RADAPH:

Of course you are correct about Greek and Hebrew being "original" languages. God did choose to have His Words written and transmitted in these human languages. But "experts" so called in them are not infallible.

We are nowhere commanded to learn these languages so we can get "closer" to the Truth. The Truth is a PERSON and that Person lives within each Christian. I have studied the history of the English Bible NONE OF THE FACTS OF WHICH were covered by Thieme which happened to support the King James Bible and its asociated MSS were included in any of his Bible classes.

Thus, all his expertise in the "languages" came from what I consider to be tainted sources, and his use of even these sources is not infallible either.

How did the Holy Spirit manage without Thieme for all those centuries?

Sistersoap

Date: March 29, 2008 07:39AM

notmuch4games
Its been a slow week at the office, so I went through this thread(whew!) Alot has been said, but Judge Notmuch4games is ready to render his/her verdict. Considering all the people coming out of the woodwork to defend the questionable tactics of this organization, I say.....CULT! You can see how devoted, or blinded, these folks are and how unwilling or unable they are to even question their own leader. I suggest that all the defenders in this thread go through this most informative site and read about the tactics of other cults and the attitudes of those members involved. Strikingly similar! If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and quacks...........Duck for dinner it is!

Well, I just erased my reply to the above, so I have to try to reconstruct what I said!

It continually amazes me that Thieme defenders, of which I WAS one for a long, long time, almost to a man, express the same attitudes, the same beliefs, the same excuses for their reverence for their leader. These folks come from all over the nation or world, they have not conspired together to present "their side" and likely they did not even attend the same tapers' gathering or even Berachah itself. Doing that would not result in much interaction either.

So here we find an almost totally uniform blindness to all who dare to say anything against the teachings of their leader. And HE IS THEIR LEADER. Despite the many years of personal experience "under Thieme" those of us who have come out simply
MISUNDERSTOOD THE TEACHING, or, even after twenty or thirty years, because we left, HE MUST NOT HAVE BEEN OUR "RIGH PASTOR-TEACHER" AFTER ALL. That about sums up the replies most give to us.

Scripture twisting is not unique to the Thieme system, but what I find fascinating having been there myself is how so many people's personal experience is discounted and rejected by those still inside. Not one seems to be able to really hear what has been said on this forum. Not many even try to rebut claims. I would have thought RADAPH for example, would have listened to Pastor Graves presentation on MY EXPIERENCE WITH THE TEACHINGS OF R.B.THIEME JR. in which Graves gives AUDIO CLIPS FROM THIEME'S TEACHING of him saying "LIKE IT OR NOT, YOU ARE DEPENDENT ON ME!" and YOU CAN'T LEARN BIBLE DOCTRINE AND GROW SPIRITUALLY BY READING THE BIBLE." It is a waste of the believer's time to study and read the Bible on his own, at least until he reaches "SPIRITUAL MATURITY" at which time one will be "SPIRITUALLY SELF SUSTAINING" and can read with profit God's bible.

Wait! What is 'SPIRITUALLY SELF SUSTAINING" in the Thieme universe? The next "breakthough" will add even more to learn in order to "MATURE" into an even higher level of "supergrace, ultra supergrace" ete etc and all keeping the flock firmly anchored to THE LEADER. What Thieme offers with one lesson is negated with the next series revealing new doctrines to master and believe implicitly.

One can never "arrive" in this system of teaching.

Notice that I have said not one word about Thieme's character, his personal relationship with the Lord, or his eternal fate. I have not called him IGNORANT, LAZY OR STUPID like he regularly calls other pastors, teachers, or just regular Christians in any other churcn not like his.

It is THIEME WHO BASHES, and it is his followers who refuse to recognize serious problems because they have lost their ability to think independently of their teacher and to evaluate critiques of others objectively. For them anything short of total agreement IS SUBJECTIVE, IGNORANT, AND NEGATIVE VOLITION TO "BIBLE DOCTRINE." All such people are under divine discipline for not staying with Thieme's program.

It is cultic. The duck walks, quacks, and looks just like a duck.

Sistersoap

Posted by: Truthtesty ()
Date: March 29, 2008 07:47AM

radaph
rrmoderator
radaph:

I have no personal interest in Thieme.

My interest is only professional.

Your interest is self-evident.

Let's have it then, if it's so evident to you.
What is my interest? Why do I care if people call my ex-pastor a cult leader?

I don't think you really do understand my interest as well as you think.

You can play games with the moderator, because chances are the moderator has never been to the "Thieme temple". But? you can not fool us.

So go ahead Radaph. Quit playing games and wasting people's time. Tell us "Why do" you "care if people call" you "ex-pastor a cult leader?" And tell us your intrests OR? "flake off".

Also tell me Why? or why not? whether you think the literal Shed Blood of Christ is efficacious.

If you are just here to harass this forum then my vote is for the moderator to remove you.

Truthtesty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.