Re: R.B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: kcjones ()
Date: January 17, 2008 07:04AM

Imjustme
When I came to know him I was also very taken by his profound respect and
adoration of women.

Really, you've got to be kidding me!

If he so respected the opposite sex, why did he maintain a 20+ year affair while he was "teaching"?

Bob Thieme is/was a Narsasitic man, who built a CULT and hurt, and is still hurting, A LOT of people, my wifes family as an example.

Imjustme, when you quote all of Bob's accomplishments, are you just parroting what the man said, or did you check it out yourself? Do you think he could have "embellished" some of his resume, maybe?

I figure when Bob dies, Bobby will be gone within 5 years, living on his own tropical island. The land that the church is sitting on is worth well over $15 million, easy. He doesn't want to be there, he's going to leave.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 17, 2008 07:15AM

Imjustme
As for his hit-and-miss record with marriage, once again, God will determine what
measure of punishment is needed, if any. I will say that there have been men of
great stature that comitted some pretty hairy misdeeds. Jonah comes to mind. He
was SOOOOOO determined not to minister to the Assirians that he took a boat in
the opposite direction, but God has a way of bringing us into line! **chuckle**

It's somewhat off subject, but this issue reminds me that almost every noted Christian
in the Bible eventually comitted serious sins as mature believers. Moses struck the rock
and was not permitted to enter The Land, Paul made a vow in the temple and was
stoned by the Jews (and that don't mean he smoked some herbs!), David probably was
the worst. He raped the wife of his greatest General Officer, and then conspired to
murder him. John denied The Lord three times. etc., etc.

Ok let me get this straight, Bob is now like, Jonah, Moses, Paul and David, Wow. Paul was stoned because he preached the WORD! I'd happily take a rock to the knoggin for my Savior.

Brother, it pains me to see it, but it was PETER who denied the Lord 3 times. How can you confuse those two?

Please turn the tapes off, and READ YOUR BIBLE YOURSELF PLEASE! William Tyndale was BURNED AT THE STAKE so you could read the bible in english all by yourself.

TO ALL FOLLOWERS OF RB THIEME Jr. Ministries: You are NOT TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND GOD's Word, your are SMART ENOUGH! GOD loves you, he wants YOU to read his book.

One more question, Bob has Alzheimer's, does that mean he screwed up and is living out Sin-unto-Death.... Well isn't that what he would say.

Posted by: mile2 ()
Date: January 17, 2008 02:46PM

medium[/u]]
Imjustme:

I'm afraid that you misunderstood my question concerning Bobby Thieme and his selection as Berachah's pastor.

If the scripture clearly says that a leader in the church is to be the "husband of one wife", and a church selects a man who has been divorced 3 times as their pastor, then the church as well as the pastor are in defiance of God's command. This includes Bob Thieme himself who recommended his son as his successor. Do you see this choice of Bobby Thieme as a serious and blatant disobedience to God's Word or not? Please give a scriptural basis for your belief.

You said "if I were a student of Bobby Thieme I wouldn't be so concerned about his personal life as I would be his qualifications as a pastor-teacher." That is exactly the discussion at hand-- his qualifications. As far as the scripture is concerned he doesn't qualify.

The issue is not whether anyone "feels that Bobby Thieme is a pastor who can enhance my spiritual growth." The issue also has nothing to do with the details of Bobby's marriages, who was at fault, whether a "measure of punishment is needed", "their ability and motivation to recover from their transgressions", etc. The issue is simply a question of following God's Word. Can you reconcile this obvious conflict between Berachah's actions and I Tim. 3:2?

Posted by: Imjustme ()
Date: January 17, 2008 07:20PM

I quite understand your question, Mile2, and I repeat, I will not stand in judgement
of any member of the clergy, whether I think they are legitimate or not. If you wish to
do so that is your choice.

Date: January 17, 2008 08:12PM

Mr. Jones (or Ms.),

You employ the debater's ploy of misdirection very poorly, if I may be so bold.
Where did I state that Bob Thieme is the equal of the men I cited in my post?
Like most instransigent individuals, you are so intent upon your desire to injure
him that you completely miss the point, and further, you take my comments out of
context and lend you own distorted interpretation, then use that as an arguement.
tsk, tsk, tsk.

I know other people who left Berachah, some of whom were highly critical of
Thieme's ministry, but only the most deluded individuals would charactarize
Berachah as a "cult", unless you expand that concept to embrace any body
of believers who are interested in one man's teaching, and endorse him
accordingly.

Not that it will do a whit of good; but I suggest that Bob Thieme is not guilty of
even one trait that every cult leader practices;

He does not meddle in the lives of his followers. ALL cult leaders must become
heavily involved with his adherents in order to effectively brainwash them, and
enforce his maniacal influence over them. I've heard some people criticize Bob
for not being involved enough.

All cults are predicated upon one central theme, such as an impending event, or
an existing social dilemma, that only the leader is allegedly qualified to deal with,
or can speak with authority about same.

The obsessive focus of every cult drives them to colonize, separate themselves
from the mainstream, and conduct their business in an environment of secrecy.
Many of them stockpile weapons, or food, in preparation for "the end of the
world", or some such.

Cults eventually self-destruct. In the case of the Jones cult, in Guyana, they drank
poison coolaid. The Heaven's Gate cult did the same in 1997. The Manson family
were convicted and put in prison. the Branch Dividians died at the hands of the
Feds.

It is unfortunate that your family suffered misfortune, but to blame that on Bob
Thieme is stretching credability a bit too far. If his influence is so nefarious, then how
can you explain that many hundreds of families are blessed by his teaching? Nobody is
handcuffed, and forced to remain in Berachah Church. There is no gestapo monitoring
the congregation, and if anyone disagrees with Thieme they can leave at any time
without persecution or chastisement. In fact, I have personally witnessed people
ousted from our number for gossiping or troublemaking.

You may take exception to Bob Thieme, believe he is a tyrant, or any number of
derogatiory issues concerning his person, but to suggest Berachah is a cult is clear
evidence that you do not understand what a cult is, or how they function.

I take leave of you, with all due respect, Mr. Jones. I mean it when I say that I pray
for your wellbeing and enlightenment. I am aware that nothing I have said here will
make a dent in your angst. Hatred is a fortress that no truth can penetrate.

And by the way, no, I did not learn the things I said about Bob Thieme from him, but
here and there, from third parties, over a period of 20 years. I did not relate one other
interesting snippet. When a banquet was held for the late Charles Moody one attendee
stated that Thieme was a heretic for teaching that the blood of Christ was figurative,
and not literal. Dr. Moody told him outright; "Bob Thime is the greatest exegete alive
today". Anticipating your response, no I do not have documented evidence of this
transaction, anymore than you have proof of your slander that he was having an
affair. So you might say, one hand washes the other.

Good day and farewell. May the love of our Lord bless and keep you. Regardless of our
opposing views, we are of one eternal family, after all, and are, therefore, children of
One God.

Date: January 17, 2008 10:25PM

Incredible! It never ceases to amaze me how blind naked hatred is! I doubt that you, Mr. Jones,
like others who are consumed with loathing, see yourslef as others do, a person who stoops to
the most desperate latitude, indulging in charactar assassination and contmptuous accusations
against anyone who dares challenge you.

And now you derive comfort from the fact that Bob Thieme has a terrible disease, and suggest
that he is being judged by God? That's as despicable as it gets, Mr. Jones.

You can sling any all the dirt at me you wish, sir, but it isn't I that will be maimed by your malicious
slanders. You will surely fall victim of your own bitterness.

<font color=red>" Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away
from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one
another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."</font>

And by the way, Mr. Jones, Mr. Tyndale's sacrifice was a noble gesture, but it was Jesus Christ,
and He alone, who deserves our veneration, and Who made possible our enlightenment from The
Word of God.

I take leave of you on that note, and gladly. Looking into the recesses of a tormented soul is a
ghastly experience, and one I prefer to avoid.

Date: January 18, 2008 03:30AM

Imjustme
Incredible! It never ceases to amaze me how blind naked hatred is! I doubt that you, Mr. Jones,
like others who are consumed with loathing, see yourslef as others do, a person who stoops to
the most desperate latitude, indulging in charactar assassination and contmptuous accusations
against anyone who dares challenge you.

And now you derive comfort from the fact that Bob Thieme has a terrible disease, and suggest
that he is being judged by God? That's as despicable as it gets, Mr. Jones.

You can sling any all the dirt at me you wish, sir, but it isn't I that will be maimed by your malicious
slanders. You will surely fall victim of your own bitterness.

<font color=red>" Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away
from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one
another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."</font>

And by the way, Mr. Jones, Mr. Tyndale's sacrifice was a noble gesture, but it was Jesus Christ,
and He alone, who deserves our veneration, and Who made possible our enlightenment from The
Word of God.

I take leave of you on that note, and gladly. Looking into the recesses of a tormented soul is a
ghastly experience, and one I prefer to avoid.

Well lets address these one by one:
Well when I typed it I did have my glasses off, but I've got 20/50 vision, is that blind, hum, back to the doctor I guess. Thinking back to yesterday, I did have my clothes on, BUT I was naked underneath, you got me there.
I do not hate the man, never met him, I had never heard of this fellow until 5 years ago.I have no bitterness, you don't know me. I married into the train-wreck that Bob has left my wife's family. And with the good Lord's help, I might be able to clean it up.
Character assassination, contentious accusations, what? Oh yeah I forget that tapers loooove to quote 'the Colonel'. I have at least 2 witnesses that Bob was involved with someone on his staff. (hum, meets Paul's criteria for bringing charges against an Elder I think...)

I didn't sling any dirt at you! Sensitive aren't we? Just have to mention that you were WRONG with the story of Jonah and who denied Christ, you need to get back to your fundamental bible stories, I believe our 10-12 yr-olds Sunday School class has room, you are welcome anytime. (Seriously your always welcome at my Church, just let me know I'll send you an email, we are on the west side of Houston)

I take no pleasure in others suffering, I would not wish that disease on anybody, I'm sorry for his family. However all I was doing was showing the FALLACY of Bob's Logic, and I don't believe in that sin-unto-death crap, and you shouldn't either. (Don't get mad at the man holding up the mirror)

Great you have shown that you can read your bible, at least copy it from the web. Great job NOW KEEP IT UP!

Noble Gesture? Ahhhh, that's called being a martyr in Christian circles. (You know, like Stephen the first man to die sharing God's word. If your curious where I read this, look in the Book of Acts) Of course that takes nothing away from the ultimate gift that was given to us fallen creatures.

Please don't accuse me of pulling 'debate' tricks, like you just tried to do. Ok lets try an simple comparison here - two totally different things (fire/water) - Jesus on the Cross - ultimate sacrifice. Everything else - falls short. Please don't relate anything we can do on earth with what God did for us.

Dude, that's awesome did you think about that all night to come up with that? I might make that my sig line!

Imjustme, I am one of the most happy go lucky people you will ever meet, I don't take offense or get worked up about anything. I do take exception to Wolves that pray on Christ's flock and hurt the ones I love.

By the way, if you take your leave, I've got one word for you: CHICKEN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2008 03:31AM by kcjones.

Posted by: mile2 ()
Date: January 18, 2008 05:45AM

Imjustme:

I am not asking you to "stand in judgement of any member of the clergy". I am simply asking whether you agree that Berachah Church violated God's Word ( I Tim. 3:2) by selecting Bobby Thieme as their pastor. I am looking for a "yes" or "no" answer and a scriptural basis for your stance on this critical matter.

Posted by: Truthtesty ()
Date: January 18, 2008 08:00AM

To im:

im quote January 17, 2008 01:12PM : Like most instransigent individuals,...

"Instransigent" is not a word. Perhaps you were looking for "intransigent".

Truthtesty

Posted by: Truthtesty ()
Date: January 18, 2008 09:16AM

To the Forum:

kcjones quote: One more question, Bob has Alzheimer's, does that mean he screwed up and is living out Sin-unto-Death.... Well isn't that what he would say.

KC is quite correct. If someone had turned away from Thieme's false teachings and developed Alzheimer's, "Sin-unto-Death" is exactly what Thieme and thiemites would claim of the stricken Alzheimer's patient - WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE! You could say thiemites would have an "intransigent" opinion about that, and you'd be absolutely correct.

Although, thiemites seem incapable of standing in judgment of Thieme, they are quite capable of following Thieme's corrupt extreme prejudicial intransigent lead of standing in judgment of others. For example: "Bleeding Heart Liberals". Most Thiemites would be shocked to realize that Dr. Lewis Sperry Chafer was a "Bleeding Heart" populist. Chafer was anti-military and anti-corporations.

Truthtesty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.