Current Page: 202 of 202
Re: R.B. Thieme Jr., Berachah Church Houston, Robert B. Thieme Jr.
Posted by: TouchSmart ()
Date: January 15, 2018 02:44AM

Don't think recordings would work in this situation. The damage has already been done and this pastor has convinced his congregation and others that spiritually mature wives can "handle" a lifetime of verbal and emotional abuse from husbands.They call it "suffering for righteousness" [www.facebook.com]
I left this church years ago, but after great harm had been done to my family. No one at this church seemed to understand or care.
These pastors, and there are many, teach online at Chafer Theological Seminary [www.chafer.edu] for additional income, while they are being paid a pastors salary. They do not believe in "visiting the sick" etc.... Instead they write books, supplementing their income, or study at home to further their own education. They have quite the "gig". They believe the bible teaches wives to be in complete submission to husbands, and will only intervene if there is actual physical violence and injury to the wife. Even then, the most they are willing to do is speak to the husband.
There is really nothing that can be done to expose these pastors, that I know of. Whether extreme Christian views or extreme Muslim view, it seems that pastors can do and say whatever they want with no real responsibility.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AussieGirl ()
Date: February 26, 2018 09:31PM

My family used to attend a Lutheran Church until the early 80's when my parents didn't feel that they were heading in the right direction with their faith and went in search of more. They found a local man who listened to RB Thieme's tapes and so it begins. I was about six years old when they started listening to tapes morning, noon and night. It was always at meal times so there was no family discussions, we had to listen to what sounded like a very negative, angry man. We were still allowed to listen to music of the day, celebrate Christmas and Easter and watch popular movies such as Star Wars. Then one day life as we knew it came crashing down, everything became evil. My sister's Ah Ha posters were burnt, Abba records were destroyed along with other things they deemed as evil, we were told Easter and Christmas will not be celebrated anymore. My sister (four years older than me) and I were the hardest hit as we were still too young to process what had just happened. Thieme continued to be a big part of my parents lives and it was basically shoved down our throats. We still listened to modern music but had to hide the fact from our parents as if they found out dad would sit us down and give us a Thieme lecture.
Late teens I turned to alcohol and drugs to escape from reality. My parents found out about my drug use and couldn't understand why I was using, I didn't even understand what I was trying to escape from as Thieme's teaching was the only true Word of God. I eventually shifted out of home and in with my partner and we were living in Sin as I was pregnant and we weren't married. I brought up our children without Thieme in there lives, even though my parents tried their very best to convince me to do so. The biggest slap to the face was when I split from my partner for a while. My dad called me a bad mother and that I should listen to the Right Man Right Woman tapes and that I didn't need to love my husband to stay with him. My partner and I did work things out eventually, no thanks to my dad.
I cringe every time someone mentions Thieme's name, he is definitely not my pastor teacher and has turned me off of religion. I believe in God but I have no intention of joining a church at this stage in my life.
I now rarely drink alcohol, I stopped using drugs many years ago. It has taken a long time to acknowledge the cause of my anxiety, depression, panic attacks etc. I have blocked out Thieme's teachings to try and heal. I am glad I came across this forum as it has helped many things to make sense and I wasn't the only one dealing with the aftermath of Thieme.
Out of all of this I still love my parents and can see that they were only trying to do what they thought was right at the time. They do, on occasion, still listen to tapes but not as much as they used to.

Posted by: 11wedowhatwewant ()
Date: April 15, 2018 04:46PM

@AussieGirl,

Kind of similar with some family members of mine, in Oz.

Burning AhHa posters? Not good :)
I though those kinds of actions were more influenced by the U.S. 'Satanic Panic' early 80's thing.

From what I understand, the RM/RW book itself is no longer published, but I could be wrong. There's another book of his worse than that -about women- which isn't published anymore.

Good thing the reading here helped somewhat.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 16, 2018 12:01AM

Burning ABBA music?

Burning Mamma Mia! ?.

[www.google.com]

You could have been listening to something far more provocative - like
Ya Gotta Fight for Your Right to Party by the Beastie Boys.

[www.google.com]

Trigger Warning

Long list of Thieme books. Guy must have had ghost writers or been someone who needed only 3 hours of sleep at night.

[www.bookfinder.com]

Bookfinder dot com is a great place to research whether anyone has published something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2018 12:04AM by corboy.

Current Page: 202 of 202

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.