Narconon in schools
Posted by: jsllim ()
Date: December 29, 2005 12:11PM

We recently had a speaker from Narconon give an assembly program for our high school students. Is there any danger in this? I didn't realize he was a Narconon spokesman until after the event had passed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Narconon in schools
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 29, 2005 08:31PM

Narconon is linked to Scientology and based upon the teachings of its founder L. Ron Hubbard.

The spokesperson at your school was probably a Scientologist.

Hubbard's theory that drugs and toxins are held within body fat for an indefinite period of time has been disproven.

Nevertheless this false claim remains a pinciple teaching of Narconon because faith in Hubbard is apparently more important than facts to Scientologists.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Note the section about Narconon.

Narconon in schools
Posted by: nccg_concern ()
Date: December 30, 2005 09:22PM

Hi jsllim,

If you're are staff or faculty at this high school (sounds like you are from the context), you might consider acquiring the DVD referenced here: [www.culteducation.com], and making a presentation out of it for the students who were exposed to the scientologist.

Setting the scientology exposure in this incident aside, I have that DVD and I think that it would be an excellent presentation to show all high school seniors shortly before graduation. Senior high school represents a true, perhaps last chance to do some cult education before the kids come of correct age to be wholeheartedly targeted for cult recruitment (18 - 24 years old, often college kids). The DVD costs almost nothing so you might give it a try.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.