The Quiverfull Movement possible pedophile/sex abuser haven
Posted by: knotty ()
Date: May 24, 2015 05:21PM

I am doing an investigation of The Quiverfull Movement and am finding ALOT of pedophila/sexual abuse as pretty much standard in wake of the Duggar scandal. This is what I have so far.

[www.ifyouonlynews.com]

[gawker.com]

[www.rawstory.com]

[www.rawstory.com]

[www.recoveringgrace.org]

[www.patheos.com]

I find that this "movement" seems to be specficly talored for pedophiles... unquestionable absolute control given to father, wife completely submits to husband and should not use birth control and cannot say no to sex, thus producing babies like crazy and any sex abuse that does happen is the fault of the victim. All family members must unfailingly submit to father. Is it any surprise that pedophiles and sex offenders are being found by the hordes in the Duggar Scandal?
This has lead me to believe that the only kind of man who would be drawn to this lifestyle of a steady stream of young children and complete submission by all other members is a pedophile/sexual predator and lead me to believe that the religious aspect is a front for a pedophile haven.

I am looking for more, any information, on this and any survivors who is able to discuss this with me.

Knotty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Quiverfull Movement possible pedophile/sex abuser haven
Posted by: Splash90 ()
Date: June 04, 2015 05:11AM

I just read this excellent article today: [www.salon.com]

Spiritual Recovery Resources: [forums.delphiforums.com]

Date: June 07, 2015 12:22PM

Thanks so much for finding this for me.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 07, 2015 09:15PM

Some other links.

"All God's children": exposing the pathology of the Quiverfull movemen

Kathryn Joyce
Salon.com
Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:05 UTC

[www.sott.net]

A woman's story of spending 16 years in the abusive Christian Quiverfull movement

Vyckie Garrison
AlterNet
Thu, 02 Apr 2015 00:22 UTC

A woman's story of spending 16 years in the abusive Christian Quiverfull movement

[www.sott.net]

Put these into Google search engine and other links appear.

Quiverfull movement "Cheryl Lindsey Seelhoff"

[www.google.com]

A search of Google groups

[groups.google.com]

Yahoo groups

[www.google.com]

(I have not yet gotten the hang of searching groups and listserves, so
make sure to try some searches of your own in case you can find more
material! C)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2015 09:29PM by corboy.

Searched Google Scholar
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 07, 2015 09:42PM

Dear readers:

More research resources.

Put these terms into the Google search slot

quiverfull mother emergency room

[www.google.com]

ati quiverfull movement medical ethics

[www.google.com]

There is something called Google Scholar. This gives citations for
academic literature.

[scholar.google.com]

[scholar.google.com]

Re: Searched Google Scholar
Date: June 08, 2015 07:55AM

Thank's Corboy! I am compiling an in depth look into this cult to try to get news outlets to look into the whole cult and its effects on individuals, victims as well as its effects on politics since they are very politically active

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: June 09, 2015 12:27AM

One thing that also needs to be done (sorry for tangent, but it is related) is an expose on TLC! Anybody ever read one? Why is it that I know who Rupert Murdoch is, I know who runs NBC, I know WAAAY too much about ESPN... and yet you never read a story about TLC. Who is their CEO? What is his story, why do they pick shows like this? Why isn't there a MASSIVE consumer boycott of Discover, who owns them? Hell, who is Discover's CEO? Yes, I know these names are easily found, but when I looked for them, I couldn't find, say, a 12 page Vanity Fair piece or something like that? Never even seen their names before.

From what I hear they are considering putting the Duggars back on air. Where is the "insider leak" on how their boardroom makes such decisions? NY Times? Wall St. Journal? Hell, Wikileaks? Anonymous? Anybody taking this on?

In an era where we have way too much info about nearly everything... why is there so little info on TLC and Discover?

Posted by: Servant Victoria ()
Date: July 22, 2017 02:06PM

Hello, knotty...

Would be interested to know what progress you may have made in your research and if you have published anything or spoken to any media who have covered this topic in-depth.

Thank you for sounding the alarm and for your work toward exposing the unhealthy behavior in this movement.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.