Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The Secret Place Ministry Center / Vision Life Ministries / NAR
Posted by: AtLastImFree ()
Date: December 15, 2014 08:44PM

I had some problems with this group that I documented here as they happened. As time passed, more and more people came forward to reveal what was behind it all.

The Secret Place Ministry Center is run by Roni Stripling (an advocate of Henry Malone)
Vision Life Ministries is run by Henry Malone (who functions under the 'apostolic authority' of Chuck Pierce)
Glory of Zion International is run by Chuck Pierce (the heir of Peter Wagner)

C. Peter Wagner is the apostolic ambassador of the NEW APOSTOLIC REFORMATION!

They keep moving around and changing names of their organizations. Absorbing and infiltrating everything they can. This is the most corrupt group of people I have ever dealt with. Building a kingdom out of taking money from people. Demonizing anyone that resists. Helping the poor with the goal to overthrow others that do the same.

Its very very messed up and corrupt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Secret Place Ministry Center / Vision Life Ministries / NAR
Date: December 16, 2014 05:12PM

Back in the 90's, I had heard about Peter Wagner trying to infiltrate the churches with a mixture of new-age teaching and false doctrines, so I avoided ever getting involved in reading his material. I just avoided it.

But, after participating at The Secret Place for quite some time, I was shown that I had been tricked into accepting Wagner's teachings. Nobody said a thing about where all the 'deliverance' stuff came from. All it did was cause me to have troubled thoughts and feel like something was wrong with me. It also caused me to make some poor decisions involving my relationships with others.

This organization advertises itself as a 12-step recovery program to the public, but in reality, it is a 'deliverance ministry' based on Peter Wagners NAR agenda.

I spent too much time and money buying into it, only to find in the end that it was a deception hidden behind something that looked good.

Hopefully, this will prevent someone from making the same mistake I did. Always do some research on any group before you get heavily involved in it. Otherwise, you might find yourself feeling bad and getting ripped off. Deliverance ministry makes alot of money and it also makes some people feel worse than before. It may work for some, but it is not tried and true. It is geared to convince a person they have demons and curses and the only way to 'fix' it is to turn to them and buy the deliverance prayers.

Be careful if you seek to try this stuff. If it comes from the NAR (Apostolic, Prophetic, Deliverance etc) - it will cost you in the long run.

Genuine 12 Step vs corrupted fake "12 step"
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 17, 2014 01:40AM

This organization advertises itself as a 12-step recovery program to the public, but in reality, it is a 'deliverance ministry' based on Peter Wagners NAR agenda.

Dear AtLast:

You are so lucky you're out.

One thing that you will be told in legitimate 12 Step groups,
whether Alanon, Coda, AA, etc is, to go to as many different
meetings as you can.

That way, you can compare meetings, and then
identify a set of meetings that are congenial for you.

You should also be told, up front and immediately, that
if you get a sponsor and things dont work out, you are free
to change sponsors

Diversity is respected in genuine 12 Step meetings. It is a giant
red flag if you are pushed to attend only one meeting and
are discouraged from going to other meetings.

Isolating you from outside influences is the first sign of
cult recruitment.

Twelve step groups should NEVER do this to you.

The only thing you should see at a meeting is 12 Step literature.
No outside stuff, such as Secret, landmark, Eckhart Tolle,
no Byron Katie, etc.

And no member should ever push a guru or church at you. If they
like the stuff, fine, but should not advertsie

It is nefarious for someone to exploit the 12 Step format.

What is supposed to happen (at least in AA is
to put an emphasis on rigorous honesty.

No hidden agendas, period.

Here are the 12 Traditions.

[www.google.com]

The Traditiosn form the working
structure, give the ground rules. Many people
in crisis start with the 12 Steps and only later
start learning the Traditions. But to avoid
exploitation, one has to know what the ground
rules -- the actual ground rules are, so one
can tell whether a meeting is on track or going off the rails.

It is out of line for anyone to use a 12 Step group
to recruit for their pet project.

One phrase that originated in the 12 Step meetings
and has since become widespread is 'Take what you
like and leave the rest'.

However, this can only apply in situations
where there are no hidden agendas.

You have to know 'what the rest' is.

You can only know what to pick and what to put aside
if you know what the entire menu is.

In the 12 Step groups, all the teachings are out there
for scrutiny and used by everyone. There are no
concealed teachings kept aside for an elite.

12 step meetings rely on an honor system. This makes them
vulnerable to exploitation/infiltration unless
members are taught from the start about the 12 Traditions
along with the 12 Steps.

Two, 12 Step must never be used to push a particular
religion, ideology, or political stance.

Three, 12 Step must be forever non professional.
leadership of a group (being its secretary0
is supposed to be time limited, so
that everyone can share service commitments
and avoid problems of dominence.

"Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do
not govern."

Money is kept to a minimum to avoid problems
of 'property, money and prestige'.

[www.aa.org]
any opinion on outside contro
versial issues–particularly t
hose of politics, alcohol
reform, or sectarian religion. The Al
coholics Anonymous groups oppose no one.
Concerning such matters they
can express no views whatever. [/quote]

Must state that some 12 Step groups do get co-opted.

Date: December 17, 2014 06:19AM

Some books shared with me lately to understand this 'cultic' takeover style of behavior.

God's Super-Apostles: Encountering the Worldwide Prophets and Apostles Movement - by R Douglas Geivett, Holly Pivec

Modern Myths about Satan and Spiritual Warfare - by David S Kirkwood

Beware of Strange Fire: False Doctrine Exposed in the Apostolic Council of Prophetic Elders (Acpe) - by Clayt Sonmore

And to know what their agenda really is....

Freedom from the Religious Spirit: Understanding How Deceptive Religious Forces Try to Destroy God's Plan and Purpose for His Church - by C Peter Wagner

This really is a false deception to turn people away from church and instead start feeding these authors and their followers. Its bad. Getting worse. Causing division everywhere I look. Stay away from it.

Date: December 17, 2014 09:13AM

The more research I do and the more literature shared with me by others, I start to see pieces of various things coming together. The 'secret knowledge' of the spirit realm that deliverance ministry is based on is very Gnostic. There are hints of Kaballah. Similarities to Catholic Exorcism rites. The 'War of Ages' teaching of the 7th Day Adventists. Extreme Dominionism. Even occult demonology.

Its a very weird mixture. And it produces mixed outcomes. I have noticed that a person who has a solid background in biblical teaching becomes confused, while a person that has very little Christian up-raising becomes enthralled.

This NAR stuff is dangerous. It causes division everywhere it goes. If this isn't the woman riding the beast, I don't know what is.

Date: December 17, 2014 09:31AM

And the underlying teaching on the the denominational churches is almost textbook Jehovahs Witnesses.

A very strange hodge-podge mixture indeed. Why would anybody fall for this 'deliverance' stuff?

Date: January 03, 2015 09:07PM

A word of advice before getting involved in deliverance ministry. Do some research on the subject. A simple google search of 'deliverance ministry false teaching' can bring up some good articles. the deception in the church website is also informative. Deliverance is a creation of C. Peter Wagner (who believed any church who didnt listen to him was overwhelmed by a 'religious spirit'). The ties between deliverance and basic psychology are enormous. It plays upon a persons insecurities and fears. Re-opens past traumas to bring a situation where a person feels they need to buy the deliverance prayers. And yes, it can cost money. Its prayer for sale. Specific prayers, but prayers for sale nonetheless. If it is done free of charge, it will come to the point where a purchase of something will be offered, donations accepted. etc. Before you accept a person as your mentor, teacher, and/or leader... make sure you ask questions and do research to find out who that persons mentors and teachers were/are. Dont be led too far into this stuff, its not easy to get away from it and you may be 'demonized' for leaving or questioning its validity.

Date: January 04, 2015 07:53AM

Recently I was sent some links to some Bob Larson YouTube videos... and it is the exact same thing that I was exposed to at The Secret Place. If you think you got demons... go take Bob's $10 online demon test. If you fail the test, maybe you should go to Secret Place and get that stuff fixed. Just kidding, all this stuff is a scam built on Peter Wagners so-called 'church growth' expertise. I cant believe how many people are falling into this stuff. If you are having problems in life, they will find a way to 'demonize' you, and eventually get into your wallet and mind.

Posted by: BreatheLess ()
Date: September 05, 2015 12:35PM

Deliverance is what some choose to call the casting out of demons. Casting out of demons has been going on for ~2000 years. It is quite biblical.

Mark 16
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Even though these verses are often and incredibly abused by cults and sects like NARnians, Word Faith teachers, and many others, they are still inspired scripture.

There is a time and a place for casting out of demons. Satan is very good at abusing something to get us completely turned off to a whole general subject, and thus dismiss something of the Lord assuming it is Satan's. He does this with counterfeit things all the time.

I don't have any person in general, or movement, etc to defend regarding what is called 'deliverance,' I just wanted to state that just because there is a ton of counterfeit junk out there doesn't mean there isn't some genuine as well. Even if the ratio is 99 to 1 or something similar.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: September 26, 2015 11:12AM

I was in a church called LIVING WORD FELLOWSHIP many years ago. It was a Latter Rain church. I believe that the NAR is an offshoot of that movement that started in the 1940s. The Overseer of the church said the Jesus had appeared to him and made him an apostle. So this is really not anything new, it has been around for a long time. The Manifest Sons of God, the belief that the apostles and prophets can simply lay hands on people and impart to them spiritual gifts, all of that can be seen with a study of the Latter Rain Movement.

Latter Rain theology was rejected by Pentecostal denominations such as Assemblies of God back in the early fifties.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.