Legion of Christ petition for the Rick Ross Institute!!
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: November 08, 2005 12:13PM

I just happened to come across this strangely written petition from the "Legion of Christ" about the Rick Ross page about them!
I had never even heard about them until now...

What is interesting is as far as I can see, the RR page has ZERO editorial content, and is just a list of articles from the press. How can they protest a list of about 80 news articles?

Restore the Authenticity of the Legion of Christ
[www.petitiononline.com]

Legionaries of Christ
[www.culteducation.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: November 08, 2005 01:10PM

Coz - As a Catholic Christian, I felt a bit embarrassed at that petition.

Three points stick out for me:
1. Refering to Rick Ross as "You must be filled with jealousy, envy, and hatred. Diabolical"

2. They think it is their mission to restore holiness to the church.

3. Comments regarding their authodox practices infer that the rest of the church is in error which I find highly divisive and not unifying.

All I see in this petition is blind pride and slander.

I know nothing of this group but the author of the petition seems to be a bit red up the neck.

Oz - (I'm so embarrassed)

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: November 08, 2005 01:28PM

I've just sent them an email as follows:

Sent: Tuesday, 8 November 2005 4:25 PM
To: 'founder@avemarisstella.com'
Subject: Regarding: Restore the Authenticity of the Legion of Christ

Hello,

Regarding Edward Looney’s pro forma petition against The Rick Ross Institute, I am quite shocked at the attack on Mr Rick Ross referring to him as:
“You must be filled with jealousy, envy, and hatred. Diabolical.”

As a practicing Catholic, I find this accusation uncharitable and totally unchristian.

As Mr Looney’s has invited The Rick Ross Institute to investigate the Legion of Christ website for its subjective version of the truth, I also invite you to investigate the Rick Ross Institute to discover the great work that is done in exiting people from all forms of sects and cults, both religious and secular.

I invite Mr Looney to re-read the petition to discover if there is any grace in it.

Regards,

END

Oz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.